Something About Nothing............ #14

:wave2: Early morning stop in.

Just enjoying my Tim's steeped tea before shuffling papers. Bright, sunny cool morning so far. I believe school starts here tomorrow. First year in 20ish years we haven't had someone starting school. Feels a weird to not be rushing to get some school supplies, lunch items bought etc. I guess that's probably why it was so quiet on the lake yesterday ;)

Is it 4:30 on Thursday yet? lol We are planning on taking an extrended long weekend. Dh has a busy week of things to get ready so we can leave early. If not, we will probably leave early Friday for the long weekend. His grandma is turning 100 on Monday. So there is a big party planned for her on Monday. But many of the cousins are all meeting in the city over the weekend. So it will be a good weekend of visiting and celebrating.

Have a great day everyone.

I missed this post.....100 years old!! Wow.....that is something to celebrate......

Thanks...about to get better...I get off at 4PM so I'm ready! :banana:

Here`s a few throwback pics from previous years to make you smile.....(hopefully)

i-HV3Zx5K-XL.jpg

i-WdxwNMh-XL.jpg

i-wV5CXXK-XL.jpg

Thanks Lynne! If he cannot take the extra day, we will celebrate on Sunday as well!

Wow!! 100 years is something special to celebrate!!! :bday: :cool1:

Can you airmail one of those burgers my way?? Extra bacon, hold the green rings, lol!
Looks incredible!

Brunch was super yummy yesterday! Our group of 7 did share a couple pitchers of Mimosas to commemorate the occasion!

I was able to find this gin at my local store. I didn't buy it, since I plan on searching at the larger store later this week...
View attachment 601029

There is a drink made with sloe gin that I haven't had since college probably.
A sloe comfortable screw. It's made with Sloe gin, Southern Comfort, vodka, and Orange Juice (the screwdriver part of the cocktail). Ever heard of it?

A very demanding cat is nonstop meowing, and that's my clue.....her highness must be taken outside for a bit of birdwatching!! No worries, this old gal can't catch a thing!

I think the burgers look great too. Glad you like the look of them too.... Yes, no jalapenos for you Lori.......

I`m not generally fond of orange flavour alcohol, but I have tried that cocktail before.....many, many years in the 1980`s....but it was called a sloe comfortable screw (up against a wall) back then lol......I`ve seen the Sevilla Orange gin, but as neither of us are fans of orange we didn`t buy it, but haven`t tried that flavour in gin. The lemon one is also lovely, but one of my friends thinks it tastes like cold medication.

Brunch sounds lovely.....mimosas are always welcome!!!

I will say I feel very dull right now sipping tonic water......lol.....yes, nothing in it except ice and a slice......

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Oh....yes indeed! I was going to post some older ones too. :teeth:

I just posted a picture for you on the picture of the day thread.

lol.....love it!!!

My favourite scary guy....well, until I saw the new updated movies!! Hated them.....

Not sure if you saw it, but they changed the basic story line that they were brother and sister.....they were always brother and sister, that was the whole darn point of the movie.......I hated every second of the movie and grumbled forever to anyone who would listen....lol......also he was too tall and just wasn`t scary old Michael Myers!! And two more to go, so of course I have to watch them and then gripe some more!

Rant over...... 😁

Time for bed here for me.......yep, it`s early, but we`re yawning our heads off.

lol.....love it!!!

My favourite scary guy....well, until I saw the new updated movies!! Hated them.....

Not sure if you saw it, but they changed the basic story line that they were brother and sister.....they were always brother and sister, that was the whole darn point of the movie.......I hated every second of the movie and grumbled forever to anyone who would listen....lol......also he was too tall and just wasn`t scary old Michael Myers!! And two more to go, so of course I have to watch them and then gripe some more!

Rant over...... 😁

Time for bed here for me.......yep, it`s early, but we`re yawning our heads off.
I know what you mean and I am absolutely sick of the redos and make overs! They should leave the classics alone!

Today has been such a Monday. I'm fighting with an insurance company again. (So what else is new?) Our contractor was supposed to deliver our new front door today, but he has been exposed to Covid. He is waiting on test results. I also found out that a friend we had back when we lived in Miami (he and his wife used to babysit B when she was a baby and toddler) has Covid and is in critical condition with lung damage. I need some good news today.

Though this coming weekend means the end of the Summer season. Another sniff.
I may be the only one who is happy to see summer go.

My tastes tend toward simpler, older styles from the 40s and 50s. Most stuff now doesn't always work for me.
Some of the styles of that era are beautiful. I made the mistake of showing my daughter a prom dress from the 50's and she wanted one. Didn't happen though.

We finally got out fishing today. It was a bit cool, but it was a good day. This momma caught the most fish in the boat today
Congrats on the catch.

Looking forward to Labor Day weekend. I'm crossing my fingers DH will take an extra day, so we can have a long weekend at the lake house!
Hope you get your long weekend.

His grandma is turning 100 on Monday. So there is a big party planned for her on Monday.
Wow! Happy birthday to her.

Made donut burgers tonight. It`s never been something Tom would order, but he did say to make him one too.....
I still can't wrap my brain around that. I would love a good donut by itself though.

Good afternoon all! I meant to pop in earlier but this has been a day from hell! Hope everyone is doing well.
Hope tomorrow is better.

Almost time for dinner. Dh has to teach a late class today and then willl be going to his martial arts class tonight, so I am on my own. I just need to decide what I want to eat.

Hope you find something good to eat Charade. For what it’s worth, it’s a little one and me dinner again. Men are working tonight. Have no idea what she is in the mood for, though said I’d make this quesadillas. Guess she’s not hungry yet.

@Charade67 Hope your friend is OK. I think everyone has been affected by this one way or another. I feel very fortunate that no one I know has died or been seriously debilitated. I like some of the 60s too, particularly Audrey Hepburn's dresses. ;)

Dinner ended up being Chick-fil-A. Then I took a trip to Kroger. They are having a $10 off the purchase of $25 worth of certain personal care items sale. I bought several bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.

We seem to have a home improvement curse. Our painter is getting over a case of the shingles. He says he can start on our kitchen cabinets on Wednesday. I told him not to come if he isn't feeling up to it.

I just realized that I need to order our cabinet hardware.

We actually picked out knobs and hinges at Home Depot. We purchased one of each to see how they would look. My local HD doesn't have enough knobs in stock, so I placed an online order. The website says the hinge is not available in store or for home delivery. Strange since we bought the hinge in the store. We will take a trip to HD tomorrow and see what is in stock.

We do have an Ace hardware. That will be a backup plan.

I know what you mean and I am absolutely sick of the redos and make overs! They should leave the classics alone!

Exactly! No imagination for movies now.

Have you ever watched Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga in The Conjuring? One of my favourite scary jump off your butt type movies......love it. Annabelle not so much, but looking forward to the new one, The Devil made me do it.

Today has been such a Monday. I'm fighting with an insurance company again. (So what else is new?) Our contractor was supposed to deliver our new front door today, but he has been exposed to Covid. He is waiting on test results. I also found out that a friend we had back when we lived in Miami (he and his wife used to babysit B when she was a baby and toddler) has Covid and is in critical condition with lung damage. I need some good news today.

I may be the only one who is happy to see summer go.

Some of the styles of that era are beautiful. I made the mistake of showing my daughter a prom dress from the 50's and she wanted one. Didn't happen though.

Congrats on the catch.

Hope you get your long weekend.

Wow! Happy birthday to her.

I still can't wrap my brain around that. I would love a good donut by itself though.

Hope tomorrow is better.

Almost time for dinner. Dh has to teach a late class today and then willl be going to his martial arts class tonight, so I am on my own. I just need to decide what I want to eat.

Not such good news for you today. But, hope you get better news on both people you know soon.

Oh the donut burger is amazing! Yes, maybe it`s not for everyone but I do like a bit of variety. Teak Neighborhood Grill certainly has quite the varied menu for burgers, then they have the so called secret menu......but all you have to do is ask for it, not so secret anymore.

Audrey is my favorite actress. You may have figured that out by my profile pic.

One of my many favourite movies (couldn`t just pick one movie) is The Nun`s Story. I don`t like the subject matter and it`s quite a hard movie to watch, but ever November for some reason I watch it. And the wonderful Dean Jagger is in it too. Love him in White Christmas, always brings a tear or 5 to my eye.

Love an early night. Slept like rocks again, even with the breeze billowing around us all night. Trees were quite noisy and not much better this morning, but at least it`s dry.

Usual walk this morning then I think we`re meeting some friends for mid morning tea/coffee in our village tearoom. They have the most tempting baked goods and all home made by them, so it varies every day what they have, but they always have the same staples.

Then no idea for the rest of the day....will see what we feel like doing.......

Will think about breakfast soon.

cv47-S.jpg

i-MWJNgRZ-S.gif

i-R7Z6X6c-S.gif

D0624CF3-44B2-4673-AF1D-A6A48920E1C8-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday :flower3:

This is me tonight.

I am going to be completely worthless in the morning.

Schumi - I have never watched The Nun’s Story. I actually had to look it up to see what it was about. My favorite Audrey movie is obviously Charade. Cary Grant is in it too, so that’s a win win.

White Christmas is one of my favorite Christmas movies. I watch it every year along with The Muppet Christmas Carol.

This is me tonight.

View attachment 601110

I am going to be completely worthless in the morning.

Schumi - I have never watched The Nun’s Story. I actually had to look it up to see what it was about. My favorite Audrey movie is obviously Charade. Cary Grant is in it too, so that’s a win win.

White Christmas is one of my favorite Christmas movies. I watch it every year along with The Muppet Christmas Carol.

The Nun`s Story is amazing, you`ll love it, she puts on an amazing performance.

White Christmas is our traditional Christmas Eve afternoon movie if we`re home, love it. Yep, we have around 12 Christmas movies we start to watch sometime in December. Among them Trading Places, Home Alone 1 & 2, The Grinch, Christmas Vacation and several versions of A Christmas Carol including Scrooged with Bill Murray and my favourite version with Alastair Sim. Can`t think of the others right now.......

Never watch It`s a Wonderful Life......about 3 hours too long and never as enjoyable as it`s supposed to be. Not really a fan of Jimmy Stewart either.

Love Cary Grant though. Watched him in To Catch a Thief yesterday.

It is cold today. Only walked 5 miles despite no rain, but it was so cold and the promenade area was surprisingly quiet, usually the weather doesn`t put many off walking. But, it`s so windy and being right on the coast, there`s no respite from it.

Having a warming cup of tea now after our showers, and heating is on. But sun is starting to come out, so we will walk into the village to meet friends for lunch now instead of mid morning coffee. Long as it stays dry, we`re happy to walk. We have two lovely coffee shop cafe`s in our village, one allows dogs, one doesn`t, so we go to the one that doesn`t allow dogs. Both serve lovely food and the one that has an alcohol licence is the one that doesn`t allow dogs.....yes, we much prefer that one!

Ah, that Taco Tuesday is here. Yay

And not cool feeling here, Schumi. Still not going below 70 degrees in the overnight. We get a clear sky for sunrise, then just as fast as to enjoy the sunny start, the bulk of the rest of the day will be cloud covered. Still will see 83 the high. And still humid. It’s tomorrow and Thursday, when the rest of Ida makes the next two days, full of rain. Enough that flash flood warnings have been issued starting early tomorrow.

And so, with our chicken quesadilla meal, think maybe only Mac will be doing that Taco Bell dinner run this Taco Tuesday.

And ah yes, that week day routine. And that dressed blue circle is not being appreciated this morning. Sigh. Connectivity indeed.

Ooh tea, off to get some more, and see what to eat for my early breakfast.

Have that terrific Taco Tuesday homies.

Good morning again. I managed to wake up on time despite not getting enough sleep last night.

I got an email last night about the Trans Siberian Orchestra Winter tour. They will be performing Charlottesville, just 1.5 hours from me, on my birthday. Dh is already on board, so now I am just hoping that they won’t have to cancel due to Covid.

Time for work now.

Great birthday gift, Charade. Years ago, they came to my city, so I took my mom as her Christmas gift. We both enjoyed the show. Hope the concert does happen on your birthday. Here, the two rescheduled concerts from last year, did happen in the last month. And one to be next month, and have not heard it’s cancelled.

Good Morning Metro. Been screen viewing too, for hours now. Weather news said to be hot and humid today. Your weather the same?

Good Morning Tony. Almost the first HHN next week.

Ooh, thanks Ida, predicted 2 to 5 inches of rain with tropical downpours the next two days. But eek. You’d think with tropical rain, it would be warm. Nope, gues with no sunny skies, the highs for the next 4 days are low 70’s. Sigh. Pants worn? Maybe. No jacket though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter