Something About Nothing............ #14

Good morning and happy Sunday. Nothing much planned for today. We will go to church, lunch with friends, then watch the race this afternoon. I also need to get to the grocery store sometime today.

I cautiously stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost a few pounds. I have a small goal I hope to reach before my trip.

Lynne - Have a fabulous time. I will see you in 47 days.

Good morning and happy Sunday. Nothing much planned for today. We will go to church, lunch with friends, then watch the race this afternoon. I also need to get to the grocery store sometime today.

I cautiously stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost a few pounds. I have a small goal I hope to reach before my trip.

Lynne - Have a fabulous time. I will see you in 47 days.

Congrats on the weight loss Charade.....every little helps and it`s not easy........

Rain has been on most of the day here, but that weird non rain type of rain that is just there and looks as if it`s hanging in the air. So, haven`t gone far at all.

Did some reading and almost finished the Book group choice, it`s a good one. Still raining so no walk tonight either, we thought we might get back out but doesn`t look like it.

Dinner will be served up soon, have to say the aroma of the chicken cooking has been so tempting all day, doing some roast potatoes and some roasted veg too, should be lovely.

Made a coconut loaf cake so that`ll be dessert.

Quietest Sunday in a long time.

Won’t be quiet for long.....
Peeps will be waking up for lunch soon

Bad grammar from me....I meant we`ve had the quietest Sunday at home for the longest time......no friends calling in or vice versa and no calls to anyone. We were supposed to be facetiming Australia, but that`s been postponed......

I kind of like this now and again.....and just as I type this, my friend Fliss has just sent me a txt asking what`s for dinner......lol......all very important info among friends!

AB169BB3-421F-46E6-B280-997D56AC3173.jpeg Hey all. Muggy and a little rainy. But almost too crowded for us. Little one trying single rider on that Dino coaster. Lap bar, and fast, not for me. Bumpy flight that was 20 minutes late, and had to wait for the second load of luggage. But quick to pick out car, quick ride to do a Target run, then burger lunch near the Target, then checked in, but room not ready. No matter, got little one’s pass at the hotel, and off we were. So far, express pass longest wait was 10 minutes. Most were walk on. We’re almost ready for a snack. And ooh coaster delayed. I guess she won’t get out of the line. I wouldn’t.

:wave2: Sunday afternoon stop in.

Dh and boys surprised me by coming home early. They rolled into the yard at 11:30 last night. Of course whole I'm elbows deep into an important part of his present. I was working on a little punch board with tissue paper covered cups with numbers I side each cup to correspond with which number gift he will open 😳🙄. I hear the alarm chirp that is was disarming, and looked up to see the truck rolling I to the yard. So I'm rushing around trying to put everything away in my project room. He walks in and says " whatcha doing!!!! ". He then caught on as to why I didn't go along with them. He is banned from my project room...but doesn't know the full extent of anything...but now he won't be fully surprised when he gets the big reveal :sad2: :eek:. I asked my boys why they didn't let me know they were coming home. They assumed because I had set the alarm, I was in bed. MEN!!!!

Groceries are bought and put away, chicken is roasting in the air fryer for a little meal prep. Going to lock myself in my project room and finish what I was working on, then put into the trunk of my car to keep wandering eyes away.

Chicken stew is on the menu tonight. It's a cool rainy day here. It was requested by the youngest ds.

Hope Lynne is safely off starting her trip.

Have a great day hommies.

View attachment 597393 Hey all. Muggy and a little rainy. But almost too crowded for us. Little one trying single rider on that Dino coaster. Lap bar, and fast, not for me. Bumpy flight that was 20 minutes late, and had to wait for the second load of luggage. But quick to pick out car, quick ride to do a Target run, then burger lunch near the Target, then checked in, but room not ready. No matter, got little one’s pass at the hotel, and off we were. So far, express pass longest wait was 10 minutes. Most were walk on. We’re almost ready for a snack. And ooh coaster delayed. I guess she won’t get out of the line. I wouldn’t.

Have a wonderful time Lynne!!!

Good evening everyone. I napped this afternoon, so I am wide awake now.

Our contractor is arriving tomorrow morning to replace the stair railing and possibly add a mantle to our fireplace. The guy we hired is a former student of dh's. He took a couple of classes with him several years ago. His wife is also a former student (of the university, but not in dh's classes) and is currently working for the university. We gave up waiting for estimates on the other contractors we talked to.

Pumpkin, your situation reminds me of when I tried to create a surprise for my dh's 50th birthday. I made a video for him, but I could only work on it when he was asleep since he was home for winter break. During the school year he always went to bed fairly early, but during break he stayed up until midnight or after. When I gave him the video I told him that if it looked like it was edited at 2:00 in the morning that was because it was.

I meant to post this night light for Mac last night, but apparently I was so sleepy I forgot to hit post reply.

Pumpkin.....hope all your work is still a big surprise for his big day........

Lynne......glad you`re having a nice time and glad your daughter enjoyed the VC.

Charade.....hope the work goes well in your home.

Looks a little wintery this morning here. Dark, heavy grey skies, blustery wind that is making the trees sway quite alarmingly and looks cold. I`m sure it`s not as bad as that, but doesn`t look pleasant. Might be back to long trousers or leggings for our walk today and wait a little later till we go out, rain should be gone by around 9am. We`ll be lucky to get mid 50`s today.

Hope summer isn`t over, but it`s been such a good one for us. Will be a shock to the system to go back to our normal weather.

Have to go shopping today later, DH needs some new walking/casual cargo type trousers.......never fun shopping for clothes for others, but he`s quite easy to shop with.....he sees something and says that`ll do.

No idea about food yet for today, will see how the weather is to turn out before I decide.

And Monday again.........

i-34s82L3-S.gif

cv13-S.jpg

cv12-S.jpg

Have a great Monday........​

Good morning homies !

its Monday another work day for most

except for Lynne as she is “working on her vacation “ now at the dark side with daughter
She will have a fun trip!

Had some heavy rain last night and and will heat up again here today

No complaints from me
I like summer weather

Schumi your memes had me laughing this morning!

later!

Cool light Charade, I like eating gummy bears. Hope the old students do a good job. It is hard to find good help with house repairs.

Oh no Schumi, yeah it is some what odd when been so warm to have that drop in temperature. Going to be a warm day here. 79 out and raining. But high is 90. It was so muggy yesterday, we came back, took showers, rested and then went back for some night time fun.

Hoping the crowds are much less today, and the rain holds off after this rain shower we are having now. Little one asked when we’d get the park day started. Um, I booked lunch at 1 today, so I said maybe around 10am. Early entry at 8 am is only the Studios, so not much reason to take advantage of that today. But I told her want to get the pin and magnet this morning. Both are easy to keep in my small bag, so nothing else to carry. I did bring my tea, so enjoying that now. Will be a mostly cloudy day with rain chances again later in the day. I may slip our rain ponchos in my bag too. Both parks open at 9, with 7 and 8 at night closings. We figure if it’s hot out later tonight, we may enjoy the pool, and order some drinks. I’m sure the bar can make a daiquiri without alcohol.

And so, early mornings are my thing. While I may wander over for early mornings, and have her meet me, rather just relax this morning and wait for little one to be ready.

That Marvelous Monday homies.

And yep Mac, thanks, we are having a great time, as yep, shooting those aliens yesterday, twice, and took less than five minutes to ride.
B0D34B91-3CAE-451E-89B3-393783FDF004.jpeg

Good morning homies !

its Monday another work day for most

except for Lynne as she is “working on her vacation “ now at the dark side with daughter
She will have a fun trip!

Had some heavy rain last night and and will heat up again here today

No complaints from me
I like summer weather

Schumi your memes had me laughing this morning!

later!

I do enjoy not working........being a lady of leisure suits me......lol.......

You need the rain for sure....and yes, you`ll be boiling hot before you know it again.......glad to make you smile!

Lynne.....glad you`re having so much fun with your daughter. Yes, they`ll make you any kind of daiquiri without alcohol......they make a lovely virgin strawberry one.

Well, the weather did warm up and brighten up. I regetted putting long leggings and a fleece on for walking, fleece came off after 20 minutes or so......turned out lovely but the breeze stayed which was nice as we needed it.

7 miles and then home for a shower.

Laundry on and out on the line, it`ll dry in no time.

Crab sandwiches for lunch again, and chicken picatta for dinner tonight, will pick up some capers this afternoon when we`re out. I don`t add many as they`re not my favourites, but work well in that dish.

Off out soon for dreaded clothes shopping.

Good morning. Just waiting on the contractor this morning. It looks like we will have rain again soon, so I am glad this job is indoors.

This guy that we hired followed in his father's footsteps of home construction. When the housing market crashed in 2007 his wife convinced him to get a college degree. He tried nursing and then communications, but finally just got a general studies degree. Once the housing market picked back up he went back into construction, I think he is a great example of "not everyone is meant for college." He has a ton of positive reviews on his Facebook page, so I am hoping for the best.

Lynne - Hope you have another great day with less crowds and rain.

Hello to Mac and Schumi.

I need to go find something for breakfast.

87BB1288-29BB-472F-A2E4-C28D70B9CB4B.jpeg

So high scores for us, galaxy defenders and had Will Smith went on about how good shots we were. Yay, then went right back for another ride, and had a lady in the car with us, and she was even better than us, Will said shame to other car, and cool dudes we were. Yep, galaxy defenders, yep. Three times on Hagrid, as first a 30 minute walk on, 20 minutes twice via virtual. Great service and meal at Mythos at lunchtime. Now chilling with iced coffee. And have virtual for hagrid in another hour. Been hot and more crowded than I expected. But express has been 10 or so minutes so far. Hope all are doing well.

Saturday always has crowds
Hope your next few days will have less peeps in them

Are you planning to let your daughter beat your high scores?

Once my boys were 9, I always lost to them
Never could reach the scores they had on the rides and games

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter