Something About Nothing............ #14

Saturday always has crowds
Hope your next few days will have less peeps in them

Are you planning to let your daughter beat your high scores?

Once my boys were 9, I always lost to them
Never could reach the scores they had on the rides and games

Kyle and Tom have never forgiven me, and still don`t know why I whooped
them several years ago without even trying.......their faces were a picture........lol......I honestly have no clue how I ended up getting such a high score......with no effort.......they still go on about that day at times........lol........

cv121-Th.jpg

It`s dark now just after 9pm.....quite alarming how quickly the darker nights are heading in........

Early night for us I think........busy day.

And welcome home Miss Keisha........ :wave2:

:wave2: Good afternoon everyone!!!

It's another cool windy day here. I sure hope that this cooler weather doesn't mean Fall/Autumn is on the way :sad2: here already.

I talked to my manager and told him that I " needed to have an arts and crafts session at my desk this week " LOL. I told him what happened...he laughed and said craft away. I knew he really wouldn't care, but just wanted him to know before I started pulling out tissue paper and a glue gun :rotfl: So At least I get to have a little fun at work over the next few days. Finishing the punch board...then wrapping all the gifts.

Our contractor is arriving tomorrow morning to replace the stair railing and possibly add a mantle to our fireplace. The guy we hired is a former student of dh's. He took a couple of classes with him several years ago. His wife is also a former student (of the university, but not in dh's classes) and is currently working for the university. We gave up waiting for estimates on the other contractors we talked to.
It is always nice to see the progress. It's nice to get the timelines solidified and see the work start.
Looks a little wintery this morning here. Dark, heavy grey skies, blustery wind that is making the trees sway quite alarmingly and looks cold. I`m sure it`s not as bad as that, but doesn`t look pleasant. Might be back to long trousers or leggings for our walk today and wait a little later till we go out, rain should be gone by around 9am. We`ll be lucky to get mid 50`s today.
I totally relate.
No complaints from me
I like summer weather
I'm trying to have an open mind and embrace Autumn, cozy sweater and all that cr@p lol. Enjoy the warm temps!!!! I know you have paid your price living in a colder climate ;)

Well, I should do my bank run...then start some arts and crafts lol. I never thought I would get to do this at work lol.

Have a great day Hommies!!!! @Lynne G enjoy your time there. Loving all the pictures!!!!!

Keisha. Safe travels home.
thanks, we ‘hit’ 4 separate accidents on the way home. This was the first one, it went downhill from there
C3C95E26-4D33-40C4-A22B-609B3B068231.jpegAnd apparently sideways here lol.

Tacked on nearly 2-1/2 hrs to trip, still, happy to arrive safe & sound

one of the many interesting mountains along the way
F485DF60-1AB9-405A-886D-35719ACAC3FA.jpeg

traffic was still so heavy after the last accident, we uncharacteristically stopped at Beckley to admire the new river gorge bridge…western hemisphere’s longest arch bridge.

BA79A78E-50D8-48B3-A5CE-1DDD1F413968.jpeg17F2CBEB-8648-426F-B9F9-E1DC3E02C42C.jpeg

They shut it down mid October for bridge day over New River, 53 miles of up to class IV rapids. Whee!

AE77B28B-85BF-49B8-8D07-329C045D47F7.jpeg

It’s so hard to stick to Keto but I know it is doing my health good so will battle on for now.
the struggle is real
If I eat carbs at lunch I try not to eat any for supper.
smart cookie:teeth: i try to compensate too. Every now & again a hoagie materializes in front of me, what’s a girl to do? Lol
with our Bay tree being cut back, we discovered, or rather our gardener discovered we have a huge bramble bush back there now. I think it`s come from the hedgerows behind our property, and there are loads.....so we`ll pick them for sure, love them.
don’t think I’ve ever seen a bay tree or bramble bush, pretty sure I did hear the Beatles sing about hedgerows. Now i have to google
DH was raised a meat and potatoes guy.....as long as meat is available, he's content. Sometimes he even skips the side dishes.
7CD28C8C-89D6-4AE3-B784-E0026DD99070.jpeg
Any excuse to reference ‘Floyd will suffice :)
My parents came with us on the wine cruise, so they ended up spending the night rather than driving back home. With that in mind, we decided to get 9 holes of golf in for more fun! DH, DD, my dad and I were teeing off at 8:36 the next morning! I golfed really well....for me. I'm not a good golfer by any means, but I love to be outside and have fun!
that’s an early tee time after a party night, you go!
I don`t like Iced Tea at all.....tried it once, well a sip was enough......lol.....tea should be hot and flavoursome.
you just haven’t had a ‘proper’ iced tea. IMO far too many places tend to over dilute with ice and not adjust the tea.
Sadly....it is getting darker here too :sad: It is just that gentle reminder that winter will be on it's way sooner rather than later.
insidious it is
I am sort of retiring. I don't know why I say "sort of". I guess I can't comprehend it yet. My husband says that I am going to walk the earth like Cain from Kung Fu. Now for this delta variant to dissipate so that I can go do normal stuff again.
well hello there! Nice to see u on the thread.
that makes me want to fishy slap them through the screen.
Cannot wait to work this into conversation…somewhere, anywhere lol
Selfishly, I'm sad she's leaving....we really function like 2 peas in a pod!
But she's so ready to begin her journey at dental school, and I'm quite happy for her!!
seriously, it’s tough to smile thru it, even though you know the kiddo will do well
Oh and our dryer broke today 🙄. Both boys had it tore apart by the time we got home...and DH ordered the part we need.
impressive. My guys is handy but, not about to let him touch any of my major appliances lol
Oh my husband has plenty of tools....taking up space in his manshed now of course, but just prefers not to utilise them......unless it`s a fun project of course like building the wine making kits! Think all that was needed there was an Allen key.
i’m guessing Tom is a measure thrice sort of guy, strikes me as meticulous
So, we will make dough in the bread machine and bake pizza tomorrow.
i’ve not quite found a recipe that works. aha moment, maybe if i let it sit overnight in fridge?
cautiously stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost a few pounds. I have a small goal I hope to reach before my trip.
good for you! I haven’t braved my scale since getting back, will give it a week for the ‘water weight’ to roll off.:rolleyes1
But quick to pick out car, quick ride to do a Target run, then burger lunch near the Target, then checked in, but room not ready. No matter, got little one’s pass at the hotel, and off we were. So far, express pass longest wait was 10 minutes. Most were walk on. We’re almost ready for a snack. And ooh coaster delayed. I guess she won’t get out of the line. I wouldn’t.
glad to see the worst of the two storms should miss you! Did you ever snag a good rental car rate? Enjoy the DD & me time.
do enjoy not working........being a lady of leisure suits me......lol.......
indeed it does. Love the various memes.

Today was a weird day. We have been using my boss' husband's old cell phone as an office cell so we can text with clients. I came in this morning to find a message that went something like this, "Hi is this Tony? This is Mandy. We matched on Tinder back when I was in town visiting my aunt, but never met. I am back in town and would like to meet you." I replied with "Sorry, wrong number." A few minutes later she replied with, "How cringy. He must have given me a wrong number, but I would like to think he just mistyped it. Well, now you have my name, What's yours?" and she sent a picture. I replied back with "You have reached a mental health counseling office. I will be deleting this text for your privacy." I deleted the conversation A few more minutes pass and then she texts, "Lol. You seem nice. You aren't a serial killer or anything are you? What do you like to do for fun?" About 30 minutes pass, and I was telling one of our therapists about it when she texted again. "I went for a run and just got out of the shower. Would you like me to send more pics?" I deleted again. Thankfully she seemed to get the message and I got no more text messages for the rest of the day. So strange.

So high scores for us, galaxy defenders and had Will Smith went on about how good shots we were. Yay, then went right back for another ride, and had a lady in the car with us, and she was even better than us, Will said shame to other car, and cool dudes we were. Yep, galaxy defenders, yep.
I am so terrible at any of the shooting games. Small children score higher than I do.

It's another cool windy day here. I sure hope that this cooler weather doesn't mean Fall/Autumn is on the way :sad2: here already.
I will trade our heat and humidity for your cool wind. I am ready for fall. Unfortunately the season doesn't last very long here.

thanks, we ‘hit’ 4 separate accidents on the way home. This was the first one, it went downhill from there
Glad you made it home safely.

I can't believe it is already 7:00.. I need to find some thing for dinner.

U could block the call but, there would go the amusement factor. :tongue:in all seriousness, as if u have the time to deal with that
Part of me really wanted to continue the conversation just to see how far it would go, but I was worried about those after shower pictures. If she texts again I will block the number. I kind of regret not taking screen shots.

View attachment 597650And apparently sideways here lol.

Tacked on nearly 2-1/2 hrs to trip, still, happy to arrive safe & sound

View attachment 597651

traffic was still so heavy after the last accident, we uncharacteristically stopped at Beckley to admire the new river gorge bridge…western hemisphere’s longest arch bridge.

View attachment 597652View attachment 597653

They shut it down mid October for bridge day over New River, 53 miles of up to class IV rapids. Whee!

View attachment 597654

the struggle is real

smart cookie:teeth: i try to compensate too. Every now & again a hoagie materializes in front of me, what’s a girl to do? Lol

don’t think I’ve ever seen a bay tree or bramble bush, pretty sure I did hear the Beatles sing about hedgerows. Now i have to google

View attachment 597655
Any excuse to reference ‘Floyd will suffice :)

that’s an early tee time after a party night, you go!

you just haven’t had a ‘proper’ iced tea. IMO far too many places tend to over dilute with ice and not adjust the tea.

insidious it is

well hello there! Nice to see u on the thread.

Cannot wait to work this into conversation…somewhere, anywhere lol

seriously, it’s tough to smile thru it, even though you know the kiddo will do well

impressive. My guys is handy but, not about to let him touch any of my major appliances lol

i’m guessing Tom is a measure thrice sort of guy, strikes me as meticulous

i’ve not quite found a recipe that works. aha moment, maybe if i let it sit overnight in fridge?

good for you! I haven’t braved my scale since getting back, will give it a week for the ‘water weight’ to roll off.:rolleyes1

glad to see the worst of the two storms should miss you! Did you ever snag a good rental car rate? Enjoy the DD & me time.

indeed it does. Love the various memes.

And another welcome home Janet......what a journey you had! You`ll have been so glad to get to your own street! And glad you had such a lovely time.

Bramble bushes are just blackberries.....plenty of pies in the winter ahead with those in them.....one of Tom`s favourites. And the Bay tree, had no idea that`s what it was when we moved here.....it was one of our friends who asked during a party one night if he could take some Bay leaves......lol.....we had no clue!

Yes, avoid those scales, they are dirty little liars after vacations.....or so I`ve discovered.......:blush:

i-9XzRdTn-S.gif

The iced tea I had was Liptons. Not a brand I like anyway, but the thought of cold tea does actually make me churn. Same with iced coffee too......but I`d trust your judgement in such matters, and it was sweet which made it worse........::yes::

Part of me really wanted to continue the conversation just to see how far it would go, but I was worried about those after shower pictures. If she texts again I will block the number. I kind of regret not taking screen shots.

Screen shots are the best!! You never know when you may need them, I`d do that if they keep coming, yes, then block. What a weird person. There really are some sad people out there.

We did go to bed early last night, feel as though I`ve slept for a week.

And we have some drizzly rain again this morning, not very nice looking outside this morning. Will still plan to walk as long as it`s not too heavy....

No idea of any plans today after walking, will see what the weather is like. One of my friends has a new labrador puppy and we haven`t met him yet, so will have to fit that in somehow, she lives closest to all our friends ironically.

No thoughts on food yet for tonight.......will have a rumble and see what we want later. If it`s miserable this afternoon will do some baking I think.

i-3JvzBgd-S.gif

51D98DB3-9952-4DCA-B54A-DA9D43DA0A92-S.png

cv19-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Tuesday

Morning! Got the DD all settled, bed/mattress arrived and assembled along with couple bookshelves. Decided to rent a midsize SUV to make less trips between Jacksonville (where her sister has been colleting/storing furnituree) and Orlando to her kids apartment. Fred was still bearing down on Saturday so thinking was less trips in rain, the better. Ha! Got to rental place and only SUV they had left was a Chevy Suburban! made it in one trip (and not much rain either!)-worth the money and it wasn't much for rental-because I had reserved a smaller truck was $60-outright reserving a suburban would have been over $200 for a day! Did a massive shop for bedding, some kitchen stuff and food. Had dinner at her place Saturday and Sunday. The vehicles looked like Charades tetris picture though!

Thanks to Mac's warning about Nashville-we may go through Memphis now on as it did seem quicker.
Tonight's light. Tetris anyone?

View attachment 597012
h and our dryer broke today
Hope it got fixed. We had to replace the heating element in my dryer a while back-far cheaper than replacing dryer, I've had my set for ~15 years.
DH was able to order parts for my suv, our fridge and our boat and fix them all. Saved us a ton of time and money. Just give him the internet and you tube and he can teach himself how to fix anything.
Sounds like my husband! It is why I still have my 20 year old 4Runner (although we have good friends who are mechanics as well), my 15 year old washer/dryer, my 24 yea old fridge. It's only the fridge I want to replace-but everytime something "breaks" it's too easy of a fix; then the thing is ticked at me for threatening it and will randomly spit ice cubes across the floor for a while.
I asked my boys why they didn't let me know they were coming home. They assumed because I had set the alarm, I was in bed. MEN!!!!
Oh this cracked me up! Hope the project goes ok and you can get it finished at work-cool Boss!
We gave up waiting for estimates on the other contractors we talked to.
Most are so backed up. My hubs helped his friend (who owns his own construction business) this past year, as they are so busy. Part of friends challenges was getting bids out in timely manner-so that is what hubs did. Friend has been hiring more crew, and bought a couple more business vehicles/trucks-and the trucks are taking months to come in! Business is booming!
Might be back to long trousers or leggings for our walk today and wait a little later till we go out,
Wow-I know it will get colder soon but didn't realize it was almost time already! Hope you do get some warmer weather for while longer. I'm melting everytime I set outside
I’m sure the bar can make a daiquiri without alcohol.
oh yes-at least Cabana bay can LOL-my son loves them
Very pretty! Cool pics! Glad you made it home safely after a good week !
MonyK and little one are hunting dinosaurs.
It was so fun to ride at night and fantastic to have a partner to wait with. Glad we hung around the weather delay! We were lucky they let us ask for the back row-we were 2nd to last train to go for the night. Let us in line with a minute or 2 before official park close in anticipation they would be able to get ride up. Such a GREAT coaster-so much smoother than hulk/RRR and so much airtime-especially back row-spent more time with butt out of seat than actually sitting in it. The top hat in last row you do feel you will be flung right out of seat, and the long barrel roll over the water...yeah. Doing that over and over.
Managed to snag 3 VQ for Hagrids too-so when Lynne and daughter got back from their target run we did that first. Rode with a guy (with his family-his oldest had treated the family to all day express passes, Hagrids was the one ride they tried all day to get on VQ and got lucky late in day) who was first time on ride. He loved the ride, didn't know there was the drop!

Breakfast or more sleep? Think DD is joining me later this am-then she heads to airport to pick up the other roommate. Not sure this girl has actually planned anything, as there's only a couple smallish amazon boxes waiting for her. No furniture comes with apartment...may be a good thing I bought a blow up mattress (stayed with DD Sunday night).

Hoping to catch up with Lynne and daughter again-nice to have coaster partner!!
32 days to HHN for me, back at Sapphire Falls. STaying AVentura last night and tonite. It's a fun hotel, everything is controlled from iPad in the room-had some fun playing with that!
Think sleep may win out...

Would not be surprised if it was an automated system - I have several phones and get these far too often
These automated systems are pretty sophisticated - even work with emojis etc..
So they blast out a couple 100 if these and see if someone bites then they can transfer to a real person
best to ignore these or block from the start - just like Spam email

Ive been getting one recently about driving them to Dunkin Donuts and then a follow up asking if I got their message
I block it then I get it a few days later from a different phone number.

Of course the other option is that they were trying to reach your boss on the old phone

Did someone mention donuts.........:rolleyes1

Monyk, glad your daughter is all settled now, and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.....yes, our weather is changing, but weirdly it`s still warm while looking very grey......glad you still have some lovely weather when you go home.

Good to hear you enjoyed Aventura....another hotel we don`t really get a lot of reviews about.

Did get out a walk despite the drizzle, but by goodness it is warm.....almost humid, but we managed 6 miles before it looked like the heavens would open, which they didn`t.

Sun came out for about half an hour this afternoon, so been doing some baking......baked some focaccia bread for lunch with parma ham and olives and this afternoon made a coconut cake and some mixed flavours of scones and waiting to put some chocolate cookies in, they aren`t really baking as they are so simple to put together, but tasty. And sunshine is coming out again........

Time for afternoon pot of tea with a scone I think........although Tom has already had 2, I think....I pretended not to notice.......

Last edited:
Tony to be in the safe side want you to know chocolate cake iced donuts are my favorite

just saying.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter