• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Sniff, all checked out, got my magnet and gift card. Already used the ones we got last night with the OI meet. It was great, 25 minutes to ride Hagrid’s, and we ended our day at 12:45am. Full and tired, and were a little cold. Though have to say, the 53 degrees it was last night, little one said thought those wearing winter gloves was a bit much. Hehe, and 27 degrees the high at home today.

Today? Hagrid’s is 120 minutes. Mid week we had 50 minutes ones in the late evening, ending as park closed the one night. Much more crowded this Saturday, and the start of Mardi Gras today in the Studios.,

We had a great time every day. And today, looks like this:
CF749235-952E-4AEE-974C-B0DC2C79F71F.jpeg

Bluer than blue skies with a breeze, but we are in shorts as 71 degrees.

Evening flight, so chilling in City Walk now.

Morning all Have my pork loin chops & boneless breast marinating. TBD if i grill outdoors or retreat to the grill pan on stove. Also, whipping up some Italian wedding soup…kids were wistfully recollecting mine over the table after having a less than stellar one out last week.

A balmy 5 degrees, glad i put on a fluffy robe over my jammies. Nothing like that record breaking 114 below temp they recorded on Mt Washington, NH

gives new meaning A Christmas Story’s triple dog dare

View attachment 737260
Ying & yang, much of east coast here will have a heat wave next week, including FL. After acclimating back to the winter weather, those mid to upper 80’s will feel much hotter to us:duck:. Feel free to toss a shoe or two

Weather looks nice for Lynne there. crowds will swell with MG on the weekends & the locals.

I went thru my account and deleted a bunch of ‘free’ books I had accepted from Amazon the other day. I love the process of holding a good read in my hands, although some the hardbacks are so unwieldy. I generally wait until they hit paperback too.

The mr bought me the latest of Mr King‘s scary tomes. It’s close to 3 inches thick. Haven’t cracked it yet.

Anyone read Age of VIce? read an excerpt, reminiscent of The Godfather, my cuppa tea. on fence whether to deal with the download or struggle with comfortably holding the 768 pages.

enjoyable watching it dawn on a person that they made a funny. A bit dumbstruck when it hit me that the late Queen had a wicked sense of humor. It seems to be on wide pendulum there, bit of a slow burn to Bennie Hill (yes, I know, my mr loves him too lol). Monte Python has grown on me over the years, especially The Holy Grail “ ‘tis a bit scratch’, the bridge. Thankfully, I won’t go on. Think may view that again today Pre NHL all star game :)

good to hear! With the change in weather woke up in middle of night and went in search of icy hot to put on my knees & hips. That’s a first, talk about an old fart lol Hoping I loosen up a bit with the walking in week to come. Admittedly, have been seriously slacking there due to inclement weather, etc.

lol....you`re nowhere near an old fart!!

Yes, the Queen had an amazing sense of humour apparently, i`ll bet she`d have been a hoot to be around.

Bennie Hill was much beloved in the 1970`s...along with so many others now deemed almost evil if you listen to those that demand everyone be cancelled if you stray from the norm.

Monty Python, I have never quite got the humour....one of my older brothers loved it.....Tom is the same, doesn`t quite get it, but I do like John Cleese....if you ever watched Fawlty Towers in the 70`s, he was funny in that!!

yes, walking in the heat next week will do you the power of good.

keishashadow, I didn't know it was your Mom who passed.
I feel your pain and loss.
My Mom is 95 y/o and I treasure every day with her. She is my best friend besides my Mom. We share everything. She is loving, kind, and loves to have fun:) She plays cards at her senior apartments. She cooks, but has cleaning help. She loves to eat out and shop. She can run me into the ground, even at her age. She has macular degeneration in her eyes, but so far can see out of one of them. I love her very much and can't imagine a world without her, so I Know what you are going through, and my heart aches for your loss.
ruth

Such lovely sentiments Ruth.

It`s now Saturday evening here......we enjoyed some prosecco this afternoon after failing to walk very far, but tomorrow is another day. I think Tom has wandered through to open another prosecco....well, it would be rude not to drink it!

Have a couple of movies we plan to watch tonight including one that might be questionable.....Jo Jo Rabbit???? Sam Rockwell is in it.....good enough for me, and Insidious the final Key, funny then scary.

Thai food is being delivered around 7.30. I am starving right now....over an hour to wait.....

It`s been a lovely Saturday so far......now cosy lamps all on, candles have been lit...despite my decorators telling me they`re the worst thing for paint!! He`s right, but I do love our candles lit at night.

Yep, here comes the prosecco......🥂

keishashadow, I didn't know it was your Mom who passed.
I feel your pain and loss.
My Mom is 95 y/o and I treasure every day with her. She is my best friend besides my Mom. We share everything. She is loving, kind, and loves to have fun:) She plays cards at her senior apartments. She cooks, but has cleaning help. She loves to eat out and shop. She can run me into the ground, even at her age. She has macular degeneration in her eyes, but so far can see out of one of them. I love her very much and can't imagine a world without her, so I Know what you are going through, and my heart aches for your loss.
ruth
:) that was great to read, good for her to still have such a great life!

lynne - i love to squeeze in a park day the last one too, glad u had such a nice trip with ur mini me

caroleE6D19BB9-732F-4BE7-BB84-478EC66ABFE7.jpeg

:) that was great to read, good for her to still have such a great life!

lynne - i love to squeeze in a park day the last one too, glad u had such a nice trip with ur mini me

caroleView attachment 737314

lol…..love the Prosecco meme!! We do like our fizz……

I meant to reply to you when you asked a few weeks ago but wanted to ask around about Age of Vice. I think I told you i hadn’t heard of it, but several friends have read it, one belongs to about 185 book groups!!!

But, mixed reviews. Some liked the corruption, crime and when the story focused on the main character, most agreed the first half was excellent but dragged on a bit. All hated the ending but felt it had a follow up in it. So, not much help to your there, but I’ve been meaning to mention it for a while, I forgot…… ☺️

We’ve just binge watched a series on Netflix called Uncoupled with Neil Patrick Harris, written by one of the Sex and the City writers Darren Star and Jeffrey Richman. Very funny, but not one to watch if you’re a prude.

Thai food was delicious!! Not sure it goes with Prosecco, but it works…..laid back like beached whales now! Going to watch this odd movie next, not sure what we’ll make of it.

Welcome home. Not. Was cold, but there’s always that just feels good when sleeping in your in your own bed and using own bathroom. That and already smelling burnt food, as little one was hungry when we got home. Sigh.

I’ve got a headache, so going to bed sooner then later. We circled for 15 minutes before landing. At least our bags came out fast, and a quick enough ride home. I think the headache is from my ears aching that I get when we are circling. So, made a pot of tea, so much better tasting with my water, even though I heat bottled water when I’m away. Took some drugs too. Thus, relaxing Sunday, though laundry, trash to curb and alarm set. Yeah will still try to get some lazy time in there.

Just finished all my assignments for the week. I can take tomorrow off or get further ahead in photoshop.

Today I went old school and bought myself a plug in mouse. My wireless keeps getting disconnected from the bluetooth and I hate using the track pad.

Schumi and Keisha - I am so looking forward to having extra time again so I can read for fun. I thought I had read the last Mary Higgins Clark book, but she has one more coming out in April. It is a collaboration with another author. I suspect it will be more of the other author than MHC though.

Lynne - Hope the headache goes away soon.

I took a little break earlier and played around with photoshop. Here is my light at the end of the tunnel.

lightendtunnel.jpg

I just googled prosecco
I thought you all were talking about cheese

lol....there was a cheese in the deli at christmas that had prosecco in it.....we didn`t try it, but it sounded quite nice.

Well, it usually does gogood with cheese…not too far off there

I have a decidedly unrefined wine palate :blush:preferring Lambrusco, asti and sweet reislings

One of the bottles we tried yesterday I think you`d have liked, it was quite sweet and a little like Asti. I prefer a dryer prosecco and champagne, but we all like what we like......::yes::

I think Lambrusco was the first wine I ever tasted at aged 15, one of my aunts drank it and i did like it. I don`t know if it`s even still for sale over here.

Just finished all my assignments for the week. I can take tomorrow off or get further ahead in photoshop.

Today I went old school and bought myself a plug in mouse. My wireless keeps getting disconnected from the bluetooth and I hate using the track pad.

Schumi and Keisha - I am so looking forward to having extra time again so I can read for fun. I thought I had read the last Mary Higgins Clark book, but she has one more coming out in April. It is a collaboration with another author. I suspect it will be more of the other author than MHC though.

Lynne - Hope the headache goes away soon.

I took a little break earlier and played around with photoshop. Here is my light at the end of the tunnel.

View attachment 737358

I like your picture. You must be so looking forward to graduating.

Is it a degree you could change your job with and go into a completely different field?

There are several MHC books in my library (not a real library I should add) a couple of walls shelved out does not make a library I know, but I noticed Weep no more my Lady perched on one of the shelves yesterday and thought it has been so many years since I read that one, it was one of my favourites of hers. Haven`t bought one of hers for many years. But I agree reading for fun is a true pleasure. Enjoy your relaxing Sunday.

That was an odd film last night, Jo Jo Rabbit was just odd. Funny in parts but incredibly sad in part, won`t watch it again though.

Apparently we`re going to be cold today, looks lovely out there now the sun is starting to come up but not frosty. Looks like we`ll get out a walk this morning.

Toast with bacon this morning and a huge pot of tea, lunch is something in a wrap and dinner will be butchers pork, leek and maple syrup sausages, they are lovely, will make mini roasties and a load of veg, nothing fancy but tasty.

I think after our walk we may need to pop out and get some fresh produce for today and tomorrow, although we really don`t mind popping out most days for fresh veg, we have the time. And quite impressed by how mild February has been so far so it`s a pleasure being out and about.

Once sleeping beauty is up I`ll make breakfast, but shower first. We`re still sleeping in one of the spare rooms till our new bed and furniture is built, but now back using our own master bathroom, so I won`t disturb him when I go up for my shower. Then I`ll go waken him if he`s still asleep.....he does love to sleep later than me!!

i-2jLCDpB-S.gif

cv1-S.jpg

cv5-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday :sunny:

What a gorgeous day it is today!

We did get out a walk along the shore this morning, it was chilly, but the sun was appreciated as it took the edge off slightly.

984DFE68-1DB8-4F4D-A783-E7B74B140909.jpeg

4E21E804-004A-40F5-8CCF-13D4064D6A73.jpeg

It feels nice getting back along there in the mornings.

This afternoon I’m going to sit in the sunshine on one of the sofas by the window in the kitchen and just read. I have a chick flick by Jane Green to read, I do like her books.

Kettle on for a cuppa first though.

came downstairs early this morn to log into flight. Odd smell, didn’t think much of it as one of the neighbors burns the strangest smelling things in his fireplace. Pooch decided since it feels springlike, he was going to explore every blade of grass in the yard this am. Took my coffee out and enjoyed the air.

came back in, and the smell was worse in the LR. Those who have experienced it will agree, you can’t mistake the odor from an electrical fire. No smoke, just that smell. Madly searching at every plug, lamp & electronics in the room. Sat down to catch my breath after moving the furniture about…odor quite strong there. Turned out it was changing cord attached to my ipad. was starting to smoke:eek:

6478454F-B0CC-4A83-A708-FE0B1E92B743.jpeg
Curious as I only use the apple certified MFI ones and not more than a few months in use. so happy it happened when we were home, shudder to think if we weren’t.

I think the headache is from my ears aching that I get when we are circling.
Sounds like sinus pressure. Have you tried ear planes? They prevent that pressure etc. mine so bad, they will clog up and I have a difficult hearing for a day or two if I don’t utilize them when taking off & landing.
Mary Higgins Clark book
Had forgotten about her. she was so prolific, haven’t read one of hers in years.
I think Lambrusco was the first wine I ever tasted at aged 15, one of my aunts drank it and i did like it. I don`t know if it`s even still for sale over here.
haha mine was boone’s farm, believe it ran under $2 at the time. Got sick on it once and, ever since, the smell of their finest green apple literally made me want to wretch.

the homemade basement brewed Lambrusco (favored here by many as part of their heritage & proudly offered to guests) will literally take your head off. I learned quickly to request a spritzer, heavy on the spritz
We did get out a walk along the shore this morning, it was chilly, but the sun was appreciated as it took the edge off slightly.
That is simply beautiful. A great way to start the day :)

Never heard of them Keisha. Will look them up and try to get them to try. Yeah, my ears pop every so often for a couple of days after, and yep need louder taking to hear. Ooh, good you caught that cord smoking, before it started a fire. I too only use Apple cords, and when I see one looking tired, I toss it out. Scary to know what you found.

Well, older one is out the door, as working kid today. Alarm has been set. Went by little one’s room, and got a hey I’m sleeping, is what I think she said, given there was other salty words in there. I guess I will see her mid afternoon. Whatever. Made some vegetable soup, as found some tired looking veggies and a leftover hamburger. So my vegggie soup is with meat. Saw some bread leftover too, so grilled cheese to go with. Easy lunch. Was hungry, as only had oatmeal for breakfast. I doubt little one will eat the soup, but there’s enough to make a grilled cheese for her, if she’s in the mood. Otherwise, whatever she finds to eat, will be her very late lunch.

Warmer today, and sunny enough out. Hoping for a clear enough sky tonight, as we drag those trash cans to the curb. Should be a full moon, the snow one for February. Hey, and any day well above freezing in February is more than welcome. Keep those much higher than normal temps all the year.

I enjoy seeing those beach pictures. Thanks for sharing Schumi.

Ah, a quiet house and English football. How nice is that?

came downstairs early this morn to log into flight. Odd smell, didn’t think much of it as one of the neighbors burns the strangest smelling things in his fireplace. Pooch decided since it feels springlike, he was going to explore every blade of grass in the yard this am. Took my coffee out and enjoyed the air.

came back in, and the smell was worse in the LR. Those who have experienced it will agree, you can’t mistake the odor from an electrical fire. No smoke, just that smell. Madly searching at every plug, lamp & electronics in the room. Sat down to catch my breath after moving the furniture about…odor quite strong there. Turned out it was changing cord attached to my ipad. was starting to smoke:eek:

View attachment 737445
Curious as I only use the apple certified MFI ones and not more than a few months in use. so happy it happened when we were home, shudder to think if we weren’t.

Sounds like sinus pressure. Have you tried ear planes? They prevent that pressure etc. mine so bad, they will clog up and I have a difficult hearing for a day or two if I don’t utilize them when taking off & landing.

Had forgotten about her. she was so prolific, haven’t read one of hers in years.

haha mine was boone’s farm, believe it ran under $2 at the time. Got sick on it once and, ever since, the smell of their finest green apple literally made me want to wretch.

the homemade basement brewed Lambrusco (favored here by many as part of their heritage & proudly offered to guests) will literally take your head off. I learned quickly to request a spritzer, heavy on the spritz

Keisha: I am So glad you found the source of that electrical smell. It is very distinctive.
I have a good sense of smell, and my husband doesn't, so I'm the one who sniffs out those out of place smells. It could have happened worse if you hadn't persisted. So glad you found it.

ruth

Good Sunday Morning everyone:

I know I don't post much on here, but am afraid of boring you all to death, LOL.

I'm waiting for my grandson, wife, and great grandson to arrive for a visit. I have to baby proof the house as he is now crawling Everywhere! We have baseboard heaters so it's not going to be easy. I love that little guy. He has such a laid back, happy, contented personality. His dad was like that as a baby. I told them to just wait for child #2, because they can be the exact opposite, LOL. There is a cute video online that shows the differences between the first, second, and third child. It is hilarious. I'll try to describe it: Focus in on child #1 who is sitting down quietly tying his shoes, gets up slowly and leaves. Then child #2 comes rushing into the room with non matching socks, slips shoes on and runs out quickly. Child #3 is sitting on the bench while her mother puts her shoe on and ties it for her. It is so funny, and is almost exactly like my daughters 3 kids. It's a good thing she doesn't read this!

I can't get down on the floor and play with Rowan because I tweaked my low back a few days ago and am still having problems! I was just doing routine dusting, for crying out loud!, and don't remember doing it. So, I guess dusting is off limits now (I wish). I'm using a heating pad which helps, and I even got out of cooking for 2 nights, yea! Shumi knows how much I love to cook:crazy2:. I guess that's the silver lining:)

I just want to say it's so nice to read this thread even though I don't write too much.
Well, better start baby-proofing the house.
ruth

Wow
gorgeous views!

You’re a lucky ducky with those views!

Thanks Mac……it is a beautiful area with lovely scenery all around us, nothing industrial looking around here.

We can see the sea from some of our front facing windows and it’s a joy to see it every day…….if there’s no cloud of course……lol…….

View attachment 737445

Crikey!! That is scary And yes, if you hadn’t been home.

I used to make faces at Tom when he told us not to charge phones/iPads overnight, but, things like this can happen so easily. Glad you sniffed it out in time. I have a nose like a bloodhound and anything out of the ordinary hits me before Tom.

lol……home made wine will usually knock your socks off! The stuff Tom and our part time gardener make is not for me, but many love it as it’s potent!!!

Yep, that is a lovely way to start the day, we love living right beside the sea.

Keisha: I am So glad you found the source of that electrical smell. It is very distinctive.
I have a good sense of smell, and my husband doesn't, so I'm the one who sniffs out those out of place smells. It could have happened worse if you hadn't persisted. So glad you found it.

ruth

lol…..you and me both!! Thank goodness one of you has that sense of smell.

Good Sunday Morning everyone:

I know I don't post much on here, but am afraid of boring you all to death, LOL.

I'm waiting for my grandson, wife, and great grandson to arrive for a visit. I have to baby proof the house as he is now crawling Everywhere! We have baseboard heaters so it's not going to be easy. I love that little guy. He has such a laid back, happy, contented personality. His dad was like that as a baby. I told them to just wait for child #2, because they can be the exact opposite, LOL. There is a cute video online that shows the differences between the first, second, and third child. It is hilarious. I'll try to describe it: Focus in on child #1 who is sitting down quietly tying his shoes, gets up slowly and leaves. Then child #2 comes rushing into the room with non matching socks, slips shoes on and runs out quickly. Child #3 is sitting on the bench while her mother puts her shoe on and ties it for her. It is so funny, and is almost exactly like my daughters 3 kids. It's a good thing she doesn't read this!

I can't get down on the floor and play with Rowan because I tweaked my low back a few days ago and am still having problems! I was just doing routine dusting, for crying out loud!, and don't remember doing it. So, I guess dusting is off limits now (I wish). I'm using a heating pad which helps, and I even got out of cooking for 2 nights, yea! Shumi knows how much I love to cook:crazy2:. I guess that's the silver lining:)

I just want to say it's so nice to read this thread even though I don't write too much.
Well, better start baby-proofing the house.
ruth

Oh Ruth you aren’t in the least boring!!! It is something about nothing…..lol…..

That does sound a funny video to watch! Sounds like you’ll have a lovely visit with your grandson and his family, yes, baby proofing is never fun!

Has your back not improved at all?? Maybe the next day or so should see it ease…….and you’ll want lots of cuddles and playtime with that gorgeous little guy…..

Take out is always a good idea…….::yes::

Don’t be a stranger…….it’s always good to see you post……..and have the best time with the family……:wave2:

Had a peaceful afternoon in solitude, sat in my kitchen sofa reading and dropped off at one point, it was so cosy and warm and very unusual to be in on my own, we’re normally never more than 6 feet apart. Tom was helping a friend out and was gone most of the afternoon.

Sausages were lovely! Lovely maple flavour and the pork was very meaty.

House of Cards tonight…….and discovered that brilliant show we only discovered yesterday only got one season before being cancelled. Typical.

Pot of tea time…….🫖

Back from run to SAMS to provision for DS at house. Picked up ice cream bars, had a hankering for them. Quite tasty indeed. Dinner will be delayed, making orange chicken. Brand name is “fat boy” seems apt enough lol

We have baseboard heaters so it's not going to be easy. I love that little guy. He has such a laid back, happy, contented personality. His dad was like that as a baby. I told them to just wait for child #2, because they can be the exact opposite, LOL.
We have hot water heat. Glad our tall ones radiators are encased upstairs. The baseboard ones downstairs have protective covers but, open enough a child could stick their fingers in if they wanted to work at it. Somehow, nobody has gotten burnt over the years
So, I guess dusting is off limits now (I wish). I'm using a heating pad which helps, and I even got out of cooking for 2 nights, yea! Shumi knows how much I love to cook:crazy2:. I guess that's the silver lining:)
They advise against it. I swear by icy hot or something if that ilk first. Let it sit & soak in, then fire up the moist heating pad.
just want to say it's so nice to read this thread even though I don't write too much.
Oh, goodness, write away. We all enjoy a good read here
Glad you sniffed it out in time. I have a nose like a bloodhound and anything out of the ordinary hits me before Tom.

Same, honed having stinky pets & boys…in no particular order

Thanks Mac……it is a beautiful area with lovely scenery all around us, nothing industrial looking around here.

We can see the sea from some of our front facing windows and it’s a joy to see it every day…….if there’s no cloud of course……lol…….

Crikey!! That is scary And yes, if you hadn’t been home.

I used to make faces at Tom when he told us not to charge phones/iPads overnight, but, things like this can happen so easily. Glad you sniffed it out in time. I have a nose like a bloodhound and anything out of the ordinary hits me before Tom.

lol……home made wine will usually knock your socks off! The stuff Tom and our part time gardener make is not for me, but many love it as it’s potent!!!

Yep, that is a lovely way to start the day, we love living right beside the sea.

lol…..you and me both!! Thank goodness one of you has that sense of smell.

Oh Ruth you aren’t in the least boring!!! It is something about nothing…..lol…..

That does sound a funny video to watch! Sounds like you’ll have a lovely visit with your grandson and his family, yes, baby proofing is never fun!

Has your back not improved at all?? Maybe the next day or so should see it ease…….and you’ll want lots of cuddles and playtime with that gorgeous little guy…..

Take out is always a good idea…….::yes::

Don’t be a stranger…….it’s always good to see you post……..and have the best time with the family……:wave2:

Had a peaceful afternoon in solitude, sat in my kitchen sofa reading and dropped off at one point, it was so cosy and warm and very unusual to be in on my own, we’re normally never more than 6 feet apart. Tom was helping a friend out and was gone most of the afternoon.

Sausages were lovely! Lovely maple flavour and the pork was very meaty.

House of Cards tonight…….and discovered that brilliant show we only discovered yesterday only got one season before being cancelled. Typical.

Pot of tea time…….🫖
Yes, unfortunately the back is still touchy. I am careful but it's taking longer than I thought. No picking up Rowan this time, but got to play with him while someone else held him. Babies are so darn cute!

Trash at curb and will be early bedtime for me.

Oh and Keisha, never had this happen to me, but paid even lower than I had agreed to when I booked. Compared my two invoices, and I think the difference was in the amount of a tax. But hey, 7 dollars even cheaper? Score in my book. Hope my September is even lower than j have right now. This week, will book that trip airfare. Will use my $100 oops sorry our fault for making you 4 and 1/2 hours late for our last one flight. That should help with what I pay. Hotel already booked at what I think is lowest I have seen. At RPR, but that’s okay. Though we like HRH more and more the more we stay there. Our room was perfect. But when I booked long ago now, I go with the lowest, and usually, HRH not the lowest. But yay, was this time. 😊

Ruth, I’m sorry to hear of your back issues, but how fun to have time with your grandson . Yep, babies are so cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter