Something About Nothing ... #12

Pizza night and Fear the Dead for me

Nice way to end a Sunday
Wasn’t it a great episode? Best one this season imo!

Enough. Uncle. I give.

Other than the conference I was at on Monday, this past week is a blur. I woke up Tuesday morning with a horrible headache and this nagging nauseous feeling that wouldn't go away. I felt bad all day but just thought I was overly tired. I had a low grade fever which isn't uncommon for me if I'm overly tired.

Tony was out of town so it was just Corey and I here for the week. I don't have any memory of this but according to Corey I woke him up at some strange hour Wednesday morning and asked him to drive me to work because I had a fever. :confused3 The story goes that he got the digital thermometer (smart kid) to find out what was going on with his weirdo mom. With a temp of 103 he gave me Tylenol and got me settled on the couch until urgent care opened. Who in the heck gets the flu in July??? Yeah, me....that's who.

Life has been way too much of a circus lately and I'm ready for normal.

So, on with life. The big red blob of heat warning that most of the country has lived in for the past several days.....humidity soup here! Mercifully, the cold front moves in tonight and our high for the next few days will be in the 70's.....bliss!!

Looking forward to Wednesday! My sister-in-law and I have a shopping day planned....we do this a few times a year and we have a great time together!

On the bright side, I did drop 3lbs with being sick! LOL! With a goal of having dropped 15lbs by Oct. 19, I'll take it!

Hope your Monday starts out great!
Glad to hear you’re well enough for the shopping trip! That’s a scary episode, lucky someone was home to help!
Hi everyone,:wave:It was hot here this weekend. Our temps hit 103 yesterday. I love the heat but that was just a little to hot to be outside. We stayed inside most of the weekend. We rented Cold Pursuit and Into the Spider-Verse. We did do some driving but had the A/C on. It is a bit cooler today so happy about that.

I tried to do some reading and catch up but I am having trouble with my eyes again with eczema. I am watching my diet and bumping up my supplements again. I have had other areas affected through the years and know it is a sign my body wants me to eat healthier. I am working on that and hope to be better soon. I have an overnight trip to NJ in two weeks and hopefully, I will feel better. It is to 6 flags so outside in the heat doesn't go well with this.

I did gluten-free pasta and veggie dinners this weekend. Tonight will be grilled chicken, rice and salad. I will have Brian drive me to the store when he comes home.

Liv registered for classes today and was happy to be moving along with it. She got quite a few classes transferred in so she will be considered a sophomore. She was very happy about that.

I am off I hope everyone who wasn't feeling good is better. I hope everyone is staying cool or getting some drier weather. Have a great day!!!
Crazy heat. I spoke with my brother in NY, he went to the beach to cool down. Sounds like Liv is doing well getting ready for classes! Hope your eczema settles down.

Last night the electric went out in half the house, my tv, downstairs tv, and the lights on that line. And no wifi! o_O I was glad at least it had the good sense to go off after my show, The Dead! But missed Handmaids Tale. Will have to catch up with it On Demand. Electrician came around 1:00 today, had to replace one of the breakers. Back in business!
Had to cancel out on my Aquafit class. The Mr was in a golf tournament so couldn’t be home for electrician.

Schumi sounds like quite the wind storm. I hate wind storms. We have too many trees and it makes me very nervous watching them sway and creak.

3 weeks till California and Mr tells me last night he’s been asked to join some golf friends on a 4 day golf getaway. Guess when? Dates are when I’m in California, the problem is we have 2 dogs. I told him to phone our youngest dd and ask if she’ll stay over while everyone’s away. She will. She will be working all day but at least she’ll be here in the morning and after work at night.

Good Tuesday morning all.......

mac...I did laugh at your cooler temps......that`s our heatwave today.....and we are so grateful for that.....lol......

bobbie….hope your eczema clears up soon that sounds painful.

Pumpkin.....rib fests sound so gorgeous!!!! Good luck getting into your project room for some relaxation.....and yes, we are making the most of today....only plan to go inside for bottles of water and food...... :thumbsup2

Keisha......we use English mustard and it is strong...so just a tiny amount goes a long way....but in America I do like that squeezy stuff...think it`s just called American mustard.....need to bring some home I think....

Lynne....more lightning? Wow......sounds like it`ll be better today......

Charade, yes, I`d have got them to replace ones left in rain too.....carless and no need for it.

Sue, yes our property is surrounded by huge trees and we have the woods behind us....some trees that came down in the last big storm haven't been cleared......no where near our property thank goodness but makes a fun assault course for anyone walking dogs up there...…winds are horrible.

And we have a heatwave!!! Well, by the UK standards anyway...….in an hours time it will be 82F here.....and it already feels like it sitting outside....and it`s only just after 10am!!!! This is bliss...….blue skies and a huge yellow sun in the sky.…...even better we have nothing to do and all day to do it...…..:sunny:

So, garden it is today......we have chairs out in the sun and some in the shade......sun screen is on and ready for a day of lazing around...…

Home made burgers and farm shop sausages on Barbie tonight for dinner...….maybe some chicken kebabs too...….have made potato salad and spicy cous cous…..

Lunch will be grilled shrimp and maybe a store bought rack of ribs to share not as good as home made, but saves the work and they`re alright.....…..

And lots and lots of water and iced drinks....all non alcoholic of course.....

Hope your Tuesday is a good one...….and yes Vicki......where are you.....we miss you...….:wave2:

B9CB5AEE-1CD1-4976-8D65-342BC4251FA2.jpeg

Eat tacos! Yep, a Tuesday is here, so Mac can have the idea to make a Taco Bell run today. 🌮 - Good to eat. LoL

Well, we have no AC in the office, and had periods of loud heavy rain in the wee hours. A telework day it is. With a bit lower temps this morning, high 60’s, I still am not chancing a stuffy, and most likely locker smelling from the rain, I am hoping with the ending of the rain later today, the AC will be fixed. Otherwise, by 10 or so tomorrow, I may be not so happy. While I am not fond of an ice box feeling office, sweating in nice clothes is just a no.

With that, tea for me, and a holler for the kids soon. Hey, at least I can be casual today.

And no Mac, since I am teleworking this week, have to work a full week. However, have planned to take next Friday off though. Yep, three day weekends are always nice, particularly in the summer, and when they fall on a holiday, to make a bonus 4 day one.

Have a great, terrific Tuesday. Stay dry and cool, all.

Ah, I can hear more rain. News this morning was showing trees down, power out, and flooding all around me. Here is hoping we have none of that.

Row row row your boat right through Wendy's front yarrdddd, 'cause it's raining again and it's NEVER GOING TO STOP!

Happy wet Tuesday, homies! Rain in the forecast through early afternoon. At least we haven't had the winds that Schumi had or the power outages that Lynne had to deal with. The temps are just crazy....took Riley out to potty and at almost 30 degrees cooler than it was just days ago, I came in and got under one of our sofa blankies!

I'd really hoped to wash our front windows today but that won't be happening....maybe Friday. All I have left is one bathroom and wash the floors and then I'm planning on spending some play time in my sewing room. Looks like LeAnn (sister-in-law) and I will have a gorgeous day for our outing tomorrow. Starting to get my appetite back......thinking we'll have lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Maybe we'll even share a slice of chocolate cake in honor of a DIS son. 😉

Dinner tonight is going to be grilled pork chops with sautéed corn and roasted squash and zucchini....trying to make it sound like what I want in my head. I wish I'd smoked a pork butt to make nachos!! I should show you a picture of the smoker that my Dad built (yes, built). My Dad is one of these men to whom you could give a roll of duct tape, chewing gum and zip ties and he'd give you back a roller coaster. Anyway, this smoker he built, although unintentional, looks like a crab. He's given me and my other sister-in-law (Amanda) the green light to paint it while he and Mom are in Florida this winter.

Well, homies I'm at the end of my 2nd cup of coffee and housework awaits. Hope everyone has a fantastic day and stays safe from the wicked weather that just seems to be everywhere!

Good Tuesday morning Sans family :wave2:

Wow.....woke up this morning and it was 64. High yesterday here was 78. A nice short reprieve from the heat. The temps will start climbing as the weak goes on.

Had a meeting yesterday with the event center where party is being held. The place is owned by a family and they are the nicest people. We discussed final attendance numbers, number of table needed etc. I also talked to DJ. Things are coming together. Will meet with caterer this week to put final tweak on dinner menu.

Who in the heck gets the flu in July??? Yeah, me....that's who.

Poohls sorry to hear you wear sick....fast thinking on your sons part to get your temp. Glad to hear you are recovering.

Yes, the pass from the ISS was extra special as they were docking with some new crew members as they passed above us.....we could see the extra shape clearly....amazing!!!

You must have a pretty powerful telescope for viewing. Sounds so nice. I bet where you are located near the sea that the sky views are incredible.

Rao's is my go to jarred sauce.....sooo good! I'll throw together a salad and it'll be a nice dinner.

Sounds good. I will look for that and try it sometime.

Kyle has ordered a new telescope (huge) and it’s being delivered tomorrow so will be a nice day to wait in. Will get a text with an hour time frame in the early am. Glad to see he came home from work feeling better.....

Wow....you all will really get some sky viewing with that new scope. Glad to hear Kyle is doing better

I tried to do some reading and catch up but I am having trouble with my eyes again with eczema.

Sounds painful bobbie68. I did not realize that eczema could affect your eyes. I hope you get relief soon.

92?! We have a 60 or 65 inch and it seems huge to me.

Boys and their toys..Hubby really likes watching TV.

Last night the electric went out in half the house, my tv, downstairs tv, and the lights on that line. And no wifi! o_O I was glad at least it had the good sense to go off after my show, The Dead! But missed Handmaids Tale. Will have to catch up with it On Demand. Electrician came around 1:00 today, had to replace one of the breakers. Back in business

Glad to hear you’re back on track with your power Sue

And we have a heatwave!!! Well, by the UK standards anyway...….in an hours time it will be 82F here.....and it already feels like it sitting outside....and it`s only just after 10am!!!! This is bliss...….blue skies and a huge yellow sun in the sky.…...even better we have nothing to do and all day to do it...…..:sunny:

Enjoy the heatwave and lounging in the sun today......perfect lizard 🦎 weather.

Lynne nice that you are able to work remotely from home. Stay cool and enjoy your tea.

Keisha hope you and your hubby are doing better.

Mac it’s Taco Tuesday

2D2063D8-8F99-4114-95F5-B00D743A14C2.jpeg

Yep, where’s Tink

Morning Rapstar :wave2:

Schumi’s ’s boyfriend Mikey
46EDF38A-F532-43A4-A67D-8DC0A1A2FDCC.gif

Keisha there is a trick or treater at your door.
6D1A6B5A-AD5F-4A38-B6E2-CE92B7A3612F.gif

EF7BF39B-AED1-4EDD-AAC6-D61A1EF7F1E6.jpeg

68FFF4C7-4B5B-44F7-98D4-7EFC8851E51F.jpeg

59 sleeps till I leave for HHN.....looking forward to HHN. Should be some more houses dropping soon.

Have a great Tuesday Sans family :wave:

DA989704-5655-4070-BEF9-9FDD716A0116.jpeg

Last edited:

Hey RAPstar, glad to see ya here.

Robo, nice the party planning is going well. And hope your HHN mug gets lots of coffee in it.

Sue, I hear ya on the rain. Though cannot complain too much , as we had beautiful, but very hot, sunny days. And yay, for shopping with SIL tomorrow. Yum, cheesecake.

Mac, hope you are doing well.

A what for lunch. Maybe grilled cheese. Hmm, at least lots of snacks here.

Good morning all. It’s 8:25am here and looking like a nice sunny day. Temps to mid 70s. No plans till this evening when I’m meeting girlfriends for dinner. Going to hop in the shower soon and then take dogs for a walk before the roads get to hot for them to walk on. No sidewalks here in my community, only on the main road. Just hasn’t been a need.
Last night I got tickets online for Lion King movie next week. Going with my daughters. Then next weekend is oldest DD’s birthday. Will have a family bbq.

Schumi I think burgers may be my fav meal! And sausages. Mr gets some great sausage from our butcher. When I have it I like mixing in Feta to my burger meat. So yummy.
Not much of a lunch person since I retired. I like grazing lol.

Lynne yuck to no AC in the office. The last school I worked in, the office temps were so unpredictable, we all had little desk fans that plug in by USB plus large floor fan. When I retired I bequeathed mine to my VP lol.
Hope you’re staying dry and no floods.

Poohls wow another dealing with heavy rains. Nice the weather will turn for your outing. I love Cheesecake Factory and it’s my treat to go when I go to the US! But usually by the time I finish my meal I don’t have room for dessert. My daughter will order and I’ll have a bite or 2 of hers! There’s one in walking distance of our hotel in Anaheim, I think I’ll have to make a point of going.
Oooo you have a smoker! My husband and a friend tried to rig one up, think Red-Green if you’ve ever seen that show lol. They were trying to smoke bacon. It didn’t go well!

RAPstar good morning!

Robo things are coming along with the party! Hope you post pics!

Lynne enjoy your grilled cheese! It’s one of my fav meals, with tomato soup. Mythos does a good one!
I think today I may have some cottage cheese with fresh picked blueberries.

Nice to be working at home Lynne......saves being out in such weather......lunch sounds good!!

Pooh......food sounds so good!! And I love the chocolate cake reference.....wonder who that could be for......lol......enjoy it!! One of our friends made his own smoker out of oil drums (?) or similar........he cooks a mean dish of anything in it!! Have a great day......

Robo.....look forward to hearing all about the party, it sounds so much fun and your plans will fall into place wonderfully.......oh the telescope is incredibly powerful, but you could see the different shape through binoculars too......we have dry clear skies here......sea in front of us and hills and woodland behind us.......so we do have some lovely sights......Kyle isn’t home yet, but the boxes for the new scope are massive! Gonna need a bigger attic......lol.......like the pics today.......::yes::

Sue......home made burgers are one of our favourite dishes too......we grind our own meat for them and apart from what I add, no fake flavourings or additives......beautiful.

Oh I still graze but we do like a nice lunch too......we do enjoy lunch out a lot which is always lovely......most of our friends are lucky enough to have retired early too, so we get to meet them a lot. Hope you enjoy the Lion King....seem mixed reviews........

Well, I never thought I’d say this..........but.......had to come inside as it’s too darn hot :blush:........it’s Florida hot here today! We have 91F in our garden.

There was a tiny breeze earlier, but it’s completely still outside........we have electricity in the large gazebo outside (one of the reasons I hate woodpeckers) so we plugged a fan in and to be honest, didn’t make a difference.......so we have come in to prepare stuff for the barbecue.......won’t take long....made some fresh potato salad this morning before it got too hot......

Will eat inside too I think........

This weather has to last till Friday so guess we’ll be grilling all week. Will go for our main grocery shop with visit to farm shops tomorrow instead of Thursday then once we’re in tomorrow lunch time, we don’t need to go back out shopping till Saturday......

That’s the plan anyway..........we’ll see if it happens........

Glad to see monday ticked off, but still determined it’s going to be a great week:)

3 weeks till California and Mr tells me last night he’s been asked to join some golf friends on a 4 day golf getaway. Guess when? Dates are when I’m in California, the problem is we have 2 dogs. I told him to phone our youngest dd and ask if she’ll stay over while everyone’s away. She will. She will be working all day but at least she’ll be here in the morning and after work at night.
Eeeek least it worked out. What are your dates at DL again? We are missing HM due to overlay grrrrr last day open is 8/25
Keisha......we use English mustard and it is strong...so just a tiny amount goes a long way....but in America I do like that squeezy stuff...think it`s just called American mustard.....need to bring some home I think....
French’s mustard of the scary yellow hue lol

I keep a jar of Dijon in the fridge. Made the mistake of trying a gourmet type with little seeds in it...that must’ve been grown in Hell as they were so hot!

Row row row your boat right through Wendy's front yarrdddd, 'cause it's raining again and it's NEVER GOING TO STOP!
Lol, i’m Envisioning a Viking longboat
I had too big a bowl of cereal this morning, but at least my blood sugar was already low when I got up this morning. Hi all!
Hopefully, not fiber cereal :)

Went for a walk after lunch and icky sticky oh so humid, with an overcast sky. 86 was the temp. Bright enough still out my shades on.

Keisha’s alive! Yeah, hoping the week is a good one. In town training tomorrow, so hoping office will be cooler on Thursday. And thanks for all that rain. 🙃

Hey homies! :wave2: Sending well wishes to all that need some good thoughts too.

You sound busy, Pumpkin
Life is busy right now. It has slowed down a little now that the dd wedding and son's graduation are done and that school is out.
pumpkin, somehow I don't get a thrill like you did moving heavy furniture.
You must be fit and in shape....!

I'm not in great shape. moving furniture around does get exhausting. I work at Pier ! for a second job...just because the hours can be opposite of my full time day job. Honestly...building the statements is fun...once the furniture is moved. It's fun to play around with all the items to make the statements.
You and I have different ideas of what fun is.
It's fun building the statements at work - Pier 1. I do like that part of the job. Building the furniture...not so much. But the hours I work there, I'm usually on the floor working cash or building finishing a display - statement.

I should show you a picture of the smoker that my Dad built
That sounds interesting!!! We have a store bought smoker we love to use in the summer. It's such a nice change for a meal. We have a smoker we use ( looks like an outhouse lol) that we use for when we make our own sausage. We are a very outdoor family, and the hubby and one son love to hunt. So we make venison and pork sausage. It is a staple in our house.

I think today I may have some cottage cheese with fresh picked blueberries.

Sue...you live is such a great area for that glorious fresh fruit!!!!! I'm green with envy. There are the trucks that will come here with the fruit....but it is just not the same and buying it right from all the different farms/vendors. Hopefully one summer we will get to vacation again through the Okanagan again.

Looks like we are going to have another one of our few truly warm summer days. I was lucky enough last night to be able to just sit outside with a glass of wine and some left overs from supper after work late last night. It had cooled down enough to be able to enjoy the warm evening without the bugs coming to pester me. I'm hoping the late day thunderstorms stay away as I would love to do some walking tonight on the trails, then maybe head into my project room and put a clear coat of protectant onto the vanity I'm currently upcycling.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Keisha love the ol yellow mustard hidden within a dish......Tom loves it and spreads it vigorously on ham sandwiches........

Pumpkin we’re still sat out......it’s almost 8.30pm and yes, once all the bugs are gone it’s lovely......we have these tiny little black things that just land on you......it’s not like a plague of them, but they are annoying......so, yes, glass of wine is now being enjoyed here too......hope you get your walk and into your project too.......

The little breeze is back, so it’s really pleasant sitting out as it’s still so warm......

Making the most of it while we can........

Hey Kfish, funny, I was thinking of you lately, as we share a son named Christopher. Hope all is well in your family.

To borrow a phrase....dinner was lush!!! I thought Tony and Corey were going to come to blows over the corn! LOL!

After days of heat, humidity and inches and inches of rain....today has just been idyllic! We've had temps in the mid 70's with no humidity.....just a beautiful day.

I got housework done this morning and Corey even caught the bug and did some organizing in his room. The man that details my car had had to cancel on me so Corey and I set off this afternoon and did a pretty decent job at it. I know it sounds weird....but I just feel claustrophobic in my car if it's not always clean and organized. Tony says I can smell if he's driven my car.....he may or may not be correct. 😂😂

Sitting back now with a bottle of wine and making notes on things I need to look for tomorrow. Tony says my plan is to single handedly carry the economy of Knoxville for the day.......he may or may not be correct. 😂😂

Have a great night, homies!

Figure Kfish is doing the "hey, how are you wave" before she comes back and says she is having another baby......

This should bring her back here soon.......

Yes, we just returned from Taco Bell

Glad to see monday ticked off, but still determined it’s going to be a great week:)

Eeeek least it worked out. What are your dates at DL again? We are missing HM due to overlay grrrrr last day open is 8/25

French’s mustard of the scary yellow hue lol

I keep a jar of Dijon in the fridge. Made the mistake of trying a gourmet type with little seeds in it...that must’ve been grown in Hell as they were so hot!

Lol, i’m Envisioning a Viking longboat

Hopefully, not fiber cereal :)
My DL dates are 8/11-8/17 so yay, HM and Space will be open. My oldest dd hasn’t been to the DL versions because the trip she went on with me in Sept 2017 they were still closed for overlay. That was the only DL trip she came along.
But it was loads of fun watching the Halloween decorations come out. Every day there would be a little more, especially at DCA. Carsland decorations were amazing.
I hope they start putting out the decorations while you’re there. What are your dates?
Yellow mustard? Not so much. Rest of family likes it but I prefer Dijon too.

Sue...you live is such a great area for that glorious fresh fruit!!!!! I'm green with envy. There are the trucks that will come here with the fruit....but it is just not the same and buying it right from all the different farms/vendors. Hopefully one summer we will get to vacation again through the Okanagan again.
Have a great day everyone!!!!
So true! The Okanagan has the best fruit, wine too lol. Mr was up a few weeks ago during cherry season and bought some home. The blueberries are local. Our same friend who has the chickens also has a blueberry farm.
What area do you live in? I forgot lol. I know you told me! Alberta was it?

Didn’t do much today! Went to Rona (Home Depot type store) and bought a weeding tool. I can’t keep up with it and the crab grass is impossible to pull up and get the root. Looked around Winners (TJ Max ) sometimes I find Purology shampoo there. Not today. But bought a new memory foam neck pillow for the plane. Some are too firm. This one seems just right then I went to the mall to Sephora.
I’m getting hungry, looking forward to dinner out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter