Something About Nothing ... #12

Yes, Charade, and we had a deal with a drink and popcorn and, I cannot remember the movie, but we had live birds of prey with talk about how they fly before the film. Also the ticket, drink and popcorn also came with a seat assigned. This was more than a couple years ago. I will say, Disney did a beautiful job of restoring that theater. We did walk down the street, but was uncomfortable with the many hawkers that lined the sidewalk. Hope that part has improved.

Nice Saturday here! 60’s, so we got all the outside decorations down. Also got the inside stuff put away, and this year I finally cleaned out all the bins and tossed stuff we don’t use, broken lights ets. Ended up with an entire extra bin!
Oldest dd came home Thursday and stayed til this am, left as she had to work. Originally she was gonna leave last night, but we went out for Mexican and she wanted a margarita! So glad to have her home even if for a short while.
Kids back to school Thursday, and I’m back to work. Will be in Las Vegas 2 weeks from tonight. Usually I’m excited about trips, but this one I’m just bleh.
Tonight`s drink of choice is cranberry juice, pineapple juice, squeeze of a fresh lime with a dash of sprite for some fizz...….Thirsty Thursday indeed!!!
Oh I love adding fizz to my juice- had cranberry & tropical juice and then topped it off with coconut flavored carbonated water. So good and cuts the calories and sugar.

My friend and her dd scored tix to Hamilton
Oh so jealous! When Hamilton first hit the scene my son was obsessed with it- sang his favorite songs all the time. Tix are still expensive though.

Going to give the trip to Florida a try where the UC flare up is concerned. On meds for that. If I don’t improve will have to come back and get some testing done....I’am more miserable with the cold right now though......on the bright side, if Santa has any left over presents to deliver I could share duties with Rudolf as my nose is as bright as his right now.....LOL
Oh hope you feel better soon and are able to make the drive this weekend! UC is no fun!

My credit card is crying but it's worth it.
yeah mine would be crying too but I love AKL!

Liv and Charlie got good news. They are both being kept on at Target. Their hours have been cut but it should be enough for what they need. They are both happy about this.
Very good news!

I did not want to take down my Harry Potter Tree in formal living room or Elf Tree in formal dining room everything else is down though........the Christmas decorations always make the house look so cheerful.......have fun putting them up not so much taking them down.
leave them up all year. Too neat to relegate to a few measles weeks of the year ::yes::

Two more sleeps. More thoughts of safe, quick travel if you do go tomorrow Robo.
Safe travels to you!

I think we are waiting until either the current dishwasher dies or we remodel the kitchen whichever comes first. I definitely want all of my kitchen appliances to match. Right now they are all stainless steel. We will probably do the same when we replace.
I’ve been waiting for my fridge to die for awhile... currently my stove and micro are stainless steel, fridge and dishwasher are white.

Our California trip is slowly coming together. We have booked flights and hotel
Sounds so fun! Have never been to Disneyland!

Think we will end up back in parks in June- told DH the new potter coaster could be open by then and passes don’t expire til mid month. I’ll likely just renew mine and mid kid for HHN, not sure if I’ll keep premier or drop a level...and his dtr that lives Jacksonville has a conference in August at the Grand Floridian and can get wickedly good rates for then...May be my only chance to stay at GF and not have to take out a separate mortgage :rotfl:

Also need to make a decision on placeholder cruise I’ve got for June- Might end up pushing that back several months...

MonyK, you sound busy. Glad to have kids home, I’m sure. Still odd my older one can drink. Getting slowly used to it. I have had preferred AP since I bought my pass years ago. Last year, thought maybe premiere, but have yet to do it. Shock of the increase this past year may have been part of why gun shy. It is probably mainly because I tend to always stay at RPR or the Portofino, as close and unlimited express for the whole day.

Almost ready for bed.

Have a great night all.

Robo. How heartbreaking. Awful.

Charade where are you staying in Anaheim? I’ve been 3 times in past year-ish. Went with oldest dd Sept 2017, May 2018 with younger dd, just in time for May 4! Loved how they turned Space Mtn into Star Wars. We bought the party tickets. Then again this past Nov. with my friend who lives in LA. Thinking about an Aug trip. My oldest has off the first 2 weeks in Aug. but.....I usually meet my LA friend in WDW late Aug to get the special labour day rate agency special. Ugh. Oh the agony, what to do!
In Anaheim we stay at The Anaheim Hotel. About a block away from main gate.

Yes, Charade, and we had a deal with a drink and popcorn and, I cannot remember the movie, but we had live birds of prey with talk about how they fly before the film. Also the ticket, drink and popcorn also came with a seat assigned. This was more than a couple years ago. I will say, Disney did a beautiful job of restoring that theater. We did walk down the street, but was uncomfortable with the many hawkers that lined the sidewalk. Hope that part has improved.
This is definitely on our list of things to do. The birds of prey show would be cool if they are still doing that. B and I went to one in Hershey, PA and we each got to catch a hawk on our arm. It was both cool and a little scary.

Sounds so fun! Have never been to Disneyland!
Neither have I. This will be my first, and possibly only trip there.

Charade where are you staying in Anaheim? I’ve been 3 times in past year-ish. Went with oldest dd Sept 2017, May 2018 with younger dd, just in time for May 4! Loved how they turned Space Mtn into Star Wars. We bought the party tickets. Then again this past Nov. with my friend who lives in LA. Thinking about an Aug trip. My oldest has off the first 2 weeks in Aug. but.....I usually meet my LA friend in WDW late Aug to get the special labour day rate agency special. Ugh. Oh the agony, what to do!
In Anaheim we stay at The Anaheim Hotel. About a block away from main gate.
We will be staying at the Tropicana Inn. We will be there in early June hopefully just before the opening of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. I imagine the place will be a madhouse when it opens.

We are planning on flying into LA and spending 2 days in the Hollywood area. SOme of the things we are looking at doing are the sign, walk of fame, Chinese theater, Warner Brothers studio tour, El Capitan theater, the observatory, Madame Tussaud’s, and the Santa Monica Pier. I’m not sure how much of that we will actually get done, but we will try. We also have to find the intersection of Sunset and Camden. Bonus points if you know why.

Next stop is Anaheim where we will obviously go to Disneyland and California Adventure Park. We will finish the trip in San Diego where we plan to go to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park. We will fly home from San Diego.

Safe travels for Robo today as she drives to her Florida home

Lynne and her son will be packing today as their vacation starts tomorrow

Safe travels for them also

Hope all the homies are doing good this Sunday

Safe travels for Robo today as she drives to her Florida home

Lynne and her son will be packing today as their vacation starts tomorrow

Safe travels for them also

Hope all the homies are doing good this Sunday

Thanks Mac.

Quick drive by...Sans Family.....waving :wave2: to Mac....going by your exit in your neck of the woods right now....hubby is driving :car:

Sun is shining it’s 60 degrees and traffic is not bad.

Charade I hope you already bought tickets, Dis and a number of sites just announced ticket increase overnight :-(. My dd has a ticket already from Nov trip she had to miss because of new job. I can still get in on the Canadian Ticket deal, and I think price is locked into old price. I have to check, but hope that’s the case. It has been in the past.
Great plans on your SoCal trip!

Edited to add: oh no. Just went on DL ticket site. Canadian Ticket exp in May. It figures.

Last edited:
4E75DAB1-6133-48E7-8642-4F26347794FD.jpeg 0874E825-58AA-4C5A-80F0-3EDB412E8570.jpeg 64F47AE8-A82B-4255-9AE3-9E420D8E5D2E.jpeg Happy Sunday! We’ve had a fun weekend so far beginning with dinner at Hard Rock Friday night to celebrate our DD’s birthday & one last run through the parks to look at the Christmas decorations at night. Yesterday was a Pancakes & PJ’s party with 11 little friends over for brunch then they divided up into 3 teams and had a baking contest for the best Birthday Cake. See what I did there......made the girls bake cakes so I didn’t have too! He Hehe. It was a lot of fun (and very messy) but we ended up with a lemon & blueberry trifle, a chocolate mousse cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream in the middle & and a vanilla cake with chocolate/peanut butter filling.
Beautiful day today! Hope everyone traveling arrives safely & those who have been under the weather are on the mend now. I have been reading along the last couple of weeks but have been terrible at replying to posts. Once the kids go back to school, I hope to be back into my routine quickly.

Thanks Mac.

Quick drive by...Sans Family.....waving :wave2: to Mac....going by your exit in your neck of the woods right now....hubby is driving :car:

Sun is shining it’s 60 degrees and traffic is not bad.

I bet you did’nt see me waving as you went by....

I’m sure you are past Atlanta now and near Macon

Tgrgrl
Those cakes look scrumptious!
Bet birthday girl and friends had a lot of fun making them

Sending belated bd wishes for your daughter

Love HRC !
I’ve been to many of them
My favorite is the one at city walk

My least favorite HRC is in Honolulu

Safe travels Robo........

Tgrgrl.....belated birthday wishes to your daughter........cakes look lovely! Glad you all had a lovely time.......

Lynne......safe travels tomorrow with your son.....hope you have a fabulous trip!

Had a lovely day today..........had 8 friends over for Sunday lunch and as always lunch extends into the evening....however we didn’t eat till around 3pm......was a little like a belated Christmas lunch.

Appetiser was a mix of shrimp and smoked salmon and some little mini crab cakes ready made by our local fishmonger not me...with various breads........I made chicken thighs cooked in maple syrup, jalapeño balsamic vinegar and few other ingredients......boned and skinned them as I bought the wrong ones......doh!!! Roasted baby potatoes and some mixed veg....few little salads and odds and bobs. Thankfully no vegetarians or fussy eaters!

Desserts were a mix of cheesecake and fruit made by me and friends brought an apple and toffee crumble and sticky toffee pudding with custard......did have a cheeseboard but no one touched it.......lol.......you never leave our home hungry!

Then just sat around chatting the day away......and they all went home this time!! No spare rooms to make up tonight.

So, lazy night tonight........it’s not cold.....just dull and damp most of the day.....was dark for around 4pm.

Now need to go order new dishwasher......this one still works, but lights flash when they’re not supposed to so I guess it’s on the way out.......one of these days it’ll just not work, so will get new one before that happens.

Hope everyone’s having a great Sunday!

Charade I hope you already bought tickets, Dis and a number of sites just announced ticket increase overnight

Sadly, no. They were offering a ticket special if you purchase at least 3 days. I’ll have to check and see if it is still valid. I read on another post that the MaxPass rate has increased from $10 to $15 per day.

Tgrgrl -Happy birthday to your daughter. Those cakes look and sound really good. B loves HRC. She fell in love when we had lunch at one in Washington DC during a Girl Scout event. Dh likes to collect the pins.

Happy Birthday to Tgrgrl’s kid. All looks yummy. Of course ice cream with cake. LoL

Well, had to do some shopping for older one. Seems no flip flops could be found, his dress shoes too small, and needed some more collared shirts. All bought, packed up now, just last minute cosmetic stuff that cannot be packed until used tomorrow morning. Otherwise, oh my goodness, it has come to the last night so fast.

Glad to hear you were making good time, Robo.

Was a sunny, mostly sunny, Sunday. That wind though, could feel it pushing the car up on the highway. And eek, in the 20’s tomorrow morning. Will be taking my winter jacket, even if it gets packed after getting to airport. Who knows what will be on late night flight on way home. I did pack shorts and a T-shirt in my carry on. Fully expect to change before retrieving the luggage. Hey, it better be too warm in the next 2 weeks.

Have a super night homies. Be good, work week starts tomorrow for some of us.

We were all hungry, so burgers, steamed broccoli and home fries for dinner. Then got into the left over Christmas candy. Oooh, that caramel filled one. Yum, so rich, one is enough. And of course, packed a box of tasty kakes to munch on with the coffee in the room. See, we like quick breakfasts most days. One day, we will enjoy a long breakfast, I am thinking at SF.

And a hehe, older one saw parks close at 7pm this week. I said yeah, time for a nice nighttime dip in the pool, and maybe a snack at the bar. I hope it means very low crowds this week.

I have been reading along the last couple of weeks but have been terrible at replying to posts. Once the kids go back to school, I hope to be back into my routine quickly.
I hear ya! Cakes look good! And Happy late BDay to your daughter!! Love the pics!
Lynne-TP says anywhere 5-7 level crowds this week. Short countdown still went fast! Safe travels!

Making my family eat up leftovers (although I'm itching to use Instant pot again). Schumi and lynne's dinners sound good!

Warmer day again, had to go do some training for a couple hours for new job with new company. This one gives me a laptop and printer for use.

Laundry still ongoing, did get the chickens water and food cleaned up and refilled, and patio hosed off. They hopped up stairs several times to come "knock" on patio door. DD started letting them do that and now they think if they do that they will get treats (goldfish). Don't tell me chickens can't be trained!

Have a couple 1/2 bottles of wine laying around. Have been having small glass each night to finish them off...it's red wine and that is equivalent to exercise for health benefits right??

Happy Sunday!

Your countdown has begun Lynne !

You’re probably all packed now
You will have a lot of fun with your son on this vacation

Our high today was 65 and finally a day without rain

A no cooking day for me
Out to Taco Bell after the Bears game is over

Your countdown has begun Lynne !

You’re probably all packed now
You will have a lot of fun with your son on this vacation

Our high today was 65 and finally a day without rain

A no cooking day for me
Out to Taco Bell after the Bears game is over
Terrible ending to the Bears game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter