Something About Nothing ... #12

Vicki...enjoy your couple of days off....GoT marathon sounds like a plan! We plan to watch the last series before the final one starts......housework can wait.......:D

Bobbie and Patty.....thanks, yes doing better and we are so lucky with our dentist.....he’ll always fit you in if he can in any way.....glad your headache is better.....fatigue headaches can be draining!!!

Keisha, glad you’re doing better finally!!!....but poor GD!! She’s had her trials this winter too......hope she’s better poor little thing.......yep, we said the same thing about the weather......this has been our mildest festive season forever.......apart from Xmas Eve where it was like a winter wonderland.......we do need that dreaded cold snap to kill off some of these nasties hanging around......I may regret saying that.
Yes RIP mean Gene!! He was a classic....and so young!

Charade that isn’t a great start to the the day........how odd!! Oh loose crowns aren’t fun! Yep, I’d let dd schedule her own appointments.....then she can choose what suits her best.

Thanks Sue.......slept all afternoon and woke up ravenous!!! So yep.....diet was postponed to start today! We are taking all our left over and untouched goodies to the hospital today.......yearly ritual...although I don’t really eat boxes of chocolates, I may leave one I do like behind in case of emergencies.......like a Friday afternoon.....lol.....congrats on the year of being retired!!! I know for Tom it was the best decision ever......folks tried to tell him he’d regret it, he was too young.......blah!!! We love it!! And yes, everyone seems to have something right now........

MonyK.....hope you both feel better too!! Least the kids are better........I’m with you.....warm weather vacations are the best!!!

So, slept all afternoon yesterday....felt so good when I woke up....but so hungry.....so nibbles and nibbled....and apparently waiting for 13 minutes while our salmon fillets cooked wasn’t quick enough....so I nibbled some more!! Then seemingly forgot to stop nibbling!

But, tooth felt so good........

Our gardener and Tom took down all the outside decorations yesterday while I was asleep...and some of the inside, but today I have the delicate tree decorations to wrap in paper then bubble wrap and into their big boxes for next year. Takes forever but worth it as we’ve never had a breakage for years.......except in the Christmas shop on our December trip......lol......I was mortified!!!

Today is grocery shopping, wrap decorations then some trip report.....don’t like it dragging out......and will be wrapping up warm as it’s to be cold. Not freezing cold, but cold. Although gritters were out last night and it’s just above freezing right now.

Woke up as I had slept the day away yesterday and couldn’t get back to sleep....so got up and finally put away all our presents that we just hadn’t got around to sorting out. Then in one of the spare rooms, I found some gifts we had forgotten to give out......oops!!! Can’t think who they were for.

Time for a cup of hot breakfast tea and think about what’s for dinner tonight........

Have a great Thursday all.........

Morning Sans family :wave:

Up having a cup of tea with honey. :surfweb:

FBDB3159-F1F3-462D-B337-1F225B35E861.jpeg

Trying to send out some positive energy this morning.

Add 4 more to sick bay.

8D97E40B-38B0-4D73-9DF0-846066CDB0B2.jpeg

Granddaughter came down with bad sinus infection Christmas Day. She had to see doc and get meds. Then my Husband came down with bronchitis on Sunday. I got him into after hours care and he is on meds and improving some. I have had flare up of UC for past 4 weeks then I came down with the worst cold I have had in years on New Year’s Day.....i’am Sorry to hear there are so many others here that are sick too.

I was going to say on a positive note we had a great Christmas Eve celebration here and we did, but our 12 year old great granddaughter was sliding around on my nice smooth maple wood floors in her socks unbeknownst to me and I hear a scream, she some how ran a splinter about 4 inches in her heel.....We were able to get the splinter out and I had to do a bit of picking to make sure the rest of wood was out.....she was a trooper. Made sure everything was cleaned up and banadaged. After her heel was Nursed, tears were dried and hugs given she was sent home with specific directions to keep it clean and antibiotic ointment on it. Called her and had her text me pics to make sure all is healing well and it looked good.

Took down Christmas decorations except Harry Potter Tree In formal livingroom and Elf tree in dining room. Couldn’t part with them yet. Have packed up and heading back home to Florida tomorrow....hopefully some sunshine and lots of fresh orange juice will help things.

Schumi you and Tom have been through it with your flu, colds, now dental issues....glad to hear the dentist was able to get you in and taken care of....hopefully this is the last of being sick and you all are on the mend and looking forward to another vacation at Universal :hug:

Keisha I was so sorry to hear your granddaughter is ill again. She is so cute....it’s hard to see your kids sick but really hard to see the little grandchildren ill.....you have been ill to with the flu and cold if I remover correctly......hope you are on the mend :hug:

Tink kick back and enjoy your days off with your Game of Theones Marathon.

Sick! Not the flu this time though...(hopefully)...just a bad cough-n-cold. ...but miserable to the nth degree.

Buckeev hang in there.....i feel your pain.......I’am in the miserable category right now too.

On the 1st it was officially my 1 year retirement anniversary! ::yes::

Congratulations on your one year of retirement it’s awesome.

DH and I are “bleh” with headaches but that’s it.

Monyk hope you and your hubby get over your headaches soon.

To all the other Sans family I have missed who are ailing get well soon all.

I’m up and ready a half hour early today. That’s unusual for me. Hopefully work today won’t be as busy as it was yesterday.

B goes back to school today. WInter break used to be from Monday-Friday. Now they go Thursday-Wednesday. I have no idea why they changed the calendar.

You could go watch the pirate ship show @ treasure island on the strip:duck:to get your sea legs. JK. I enjoy vegas, maybe a bit too much.:p It’s been two years, need to work it in sooner vs later!
Dh loves Vegas. He keeps saying that he wants to retire there.He goes to a convention there every April. He should be getting back the day B and I leave for Orlando for her band trip.

New Year’s Day was quiet around here! Took dogs for a walk, had a hot tub, and just vegged all day. Today my daughter came over and helped me take down the tree and decorations. Hubs took down outside lights. Other daughter went back to work (daycare).
I need to start taking down our tree. Not looking forward to it.

Schumi - Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Robo - Get well wishes to you and your family.

Can’t believe I’m saying it but think we reallly need a long, cold snap to kill off all the germs.

I agree! :thumbsup2

Almost ready to start the New Years diet, gulp. But first must finish up all the cookies and chocolates!

Same here! need to empty the fridge from the leftovers and get through a few more cookies!::yes::

Kids are feeling better, DH and I are “bleh” with headaches but that’s it.

Glad you're on the mend!!:)

We are taking all our left over and untouched goodies to the hospital today.......yearly ritual

So nice to do that! I'm sure they are very appreciative of your generosity:)

Add 4 more to sick bay.

Sorry to hear that- hope they feel better soon!

hope-you-feel-better-soon-34792768.png

It is a sad thing to do!:( That's my task tomorrow night!

Happy Thursday all!! No cold snap to kill the germs here! Warming up to the 40s tomorrow and the weekend- with sun! Yay sun!:sunny:

Have a great day all!!
4b5f4a602e0d790daa1a869ef0c22914--thursday-meme-thirsty-thursday.jpg

Oh Schumi, hope the tooth issue got fixed quickly, and glad to hear all are in the better now, and yay, for getting the decorations put away.

Ack, more sick bay homes have opened. Robo, so sorry to hear of all sick and GD issues. Sending lots of well wishes to all that need it, and a big yay! You're leaving tomorrow. I'm not leaving until Monday, so what are your plans? Well, except enjoying the sunshine and orange juice. I can't wait to where I don't have to wear a winter jacket. So looking forward to sunshine too. It's a gloomy day, though 40, so that's a bonus this time of year, but more rain and snow showers to greet the week-end. Not a Florida winter here.

It's Thursday, so be thirsty and drink up! Stay hydrated and wash those hands. Sending to all, lots of good wishes in this new year.

Time for tea. Sweater on, and gosh almost warm inside. No complaints here.

Up having a cup of tea with honey. :surfweb:

View attachment 373056

Trying to send out some positive energy this morning.

Add 4 more to sick bay.

View attachment 373057

Granddaughter came down with bad sinus infection Christmas Day. She had to see doc and get meds. Then my Husband came down with bronchitis on Sunday. I got him into after hours care and he is on meds and improving some. I have had flare up of UC for past 4 weeks then I came down with the worst cold I have had in years on New Year’s Day.....i’am Sorry to hear there are so many others here that are sick too.

I was going to say on a positive note we had a great Christmas Eve celebration here and we did, but our 12 year old great granddaughter was sliding around on my nice smooth maple wood floors in her socks unbeknownst to me and I hear a scream, she some how ran a splinter about 4 inches in her heel.....We were able to get the splinter out and I had to do a bit of picking to make sure the rest of wood was out.....she was a trooper. Made sure everything was cleaned up and banadaged. After her heel was Nursed, tears were dried and hugs given she was sent home with specific directions to keep it clean and antibiotic ointment on it. Called her and had her text me pics to make sure all is healing well and it looked good.

Took down Christmas decorations except Harry Potter Tree In formal livingroom and Elf tree in dining room. Couldn’t part with them yet. Have packed up and heading back home to Florida tomorrow....hopefully some sunshine and lots of fresh orange juice will help things.

Schumi you and Tom have been through it with your flu, colds, now dental issues....glad to hear the dentist was able to get you in and taken care of....hopefully this is the last of being sick and you all are on the mend and looking forward to another vacation at Universal :hug:

Oh goodness I`m glad Mr Robo is doing better...….you had more than enough worry last year!!! And poor granddaughter and Great granddaughter too......oh that sounds nasty with her little foot. I`ll bet everyone was glad you knew exactly how to treat it...….sounds as though you did a fabulous job to clean it up!!!And you too.....hope you`re doing much better now.....UC is a horrible thing when it flares up. And to deal with a cold too......bless!!!

Yes, we hope we`re all on the mend now finally....like everyone who has had something, it`s taking forever to clear up...….sending many blessings to you everyone is well and wish you a safe trip back to Florida...….:)

Thanks Lynne.....love having no pain from tooth!!!! You leave Monday!!!! Wow...….how lovely to thisnk of all the sunshine ahead of you......

The house and gardens look so bare!!!!

Everything is finally down, wrapped carefully and placed in their respective containers to be stored in the attic till later this year.....I`m loving the new shed DH got earlier this year....it can store most of the garden ornaments and stuff!!

Almost 4pm here and it`s almost pitch black......very dull and grey day and so cold. Quiet night ahead....got a friend coming for coffee tomorrow afternoon. Need to text and check she`s still coming.

Tonight`s drink of choice is cranberry juice, pineapple juice, squeeze of a fresh lime with a dash of sprite for some fizz...….Thirsty Thursday indeed!!!

Good morning Sans Family. Hope all in the sick bay start to feel better soon. I don’t want to jinx myself but so far have managed to avoid it. I think all those years of working in schools has given me a strong immune system. So, having said that, you know what’s going to happen lol! Hang in there, it’s almost the weekend!

Waiting for cable guy :rolleyes1 I hope he can find my house. It can be difficult and it’s a dark rainy morning. 90mm of rain expected today :umbrella: and weather app says rain for the next week ugh. I hate these dark rainy days. Motivation to do anything is hard to muster. May be a good time to catch a matinee, if I can find a friend not sick to go with! I want to see Mary Popins.

Hey Sue...I'm expecting the cable guy tomorrow too...stupid dog chewed the cable again :headache: They are rerouting it this time like I asked them to last time.

Let's hope the third time is the charm.

It's lucky that I have 4 seasons of GoT to watch in the meantime :flower1:

Hope all who are still ailing get better soon :goodvibes Danielle is coming down with what I hope is just a cold, not surprising with all the wet weather that we've had lately. I'm ready for some sunshine :sunny:

Time to haul the trash to the curb before the truck gets here.

Have a terrific Thursday homies :cool1:

Good afternoon all. No big surprise, more rain today. Looks like last year’s record-breaking precipitation is going to roll over into the new year. Get to go forth to visit big medical center again today to get my annual squish of the girls. I like how the new digital machines has done ‘way with the need for the accompanying ultrasound but it does seem to take much longer than standard go-round

Robbie - wishing your family well, you have more than your share!

I’m up and ready a half hour early today. That’s unusual for me. Hopefully work today won’t be as busy as it was yesterday.

B goes back to school today. WInter break used to be from Monday-Friday. Now they go Thursday-Wednesday. I have no idea why they changed the calendar.

Dh loves Vegas. He keeps saying that he wants to retire there.He goes to a convention there every April. He should be getting back the day B and I leave for Orlando for her band trip.

Schumi - Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Robo - Get well wishes to you and your family.

We were trying to figure out the new school break calendars too. Seems like many districts here are going with full weeks (& + days) off on major holidays with shorter summer break.

You can wave at the mr when he comes back from vegas. Tell him to deposit all winnings in your fanny pack for WDW lol

Good morning Sans Family. Hope all in the sick bay start to feel better soon. I don’t want to jinx myself but so far have managed to avoid it. I think all those years of working in schools has given me a strong immune system. So, having said that, you know what’s going to happen lol! Hang in there, it’s almost the weekend!

Waiting for cable guy :rolleyes1 I hope he can find my house. It can be difficult and it’s a dark rainy morning. 90mm of rain expected today :umbrella: and weather app says rain for the next week ugh. I hate these dark rainy days. Motivation to do anything is hard to muster. May be a good time to catch a matinee, if I can find a friend not sick to go with! I want to see Mary Popins.

I tried to do the conversion to inches in my head, fail boat lol. Thank goodness for google. Product of my education and the insistence of the US’s kicking & screaming resistance to adopting metric system

Share your MP review if u have a chance. I’ve been trying to snag Hamilton tix for last few days, sold out in minutes here wah.

Good afternoon all. No big surprise, more rain today. Looks like last year’s record-breaking precipitation is going to roll over into the new year. Get to go forth to visit big medical center again today to get my annual squish of the girls. I like how the new digital machines has done ‘way with the need for the accompanying ultrasound but it does seem to take much longer than standard go-round

We were trying to figure out the new school break calendars too. Seems like many districts here are going with full weeks (& + days) off on major holidays with shorter summer break.

You can wave at the mr when he comes back from vegas. Tell him to deposit all winnings in your fanny pack for WDW lol

I tried to do the conversion to inches in my head, fail boat lol. Thank goodness for google. Product of my education and the insistence of the US’s kicking & screaming resistance to adopting metric system

Share your MP review if u have a chance. I’ve been trying to snag Hamilton tix for last few days, sold out in minutes here wah.
My friend and her dd scored tix to Hamilton. And got a good price for the Springhill Suites in Seattle. I think she’s going to take train down instead of driving the 3 hrs.

My friend and her dd scored tix to Hamilton. And got a good price for the Springhill Suites in Seattle. I think she’s going to take train down instead of driving the 3 hrs.

Wow! That's great! Would love to see Hamilton but sadly, I think it'll take a while to score affordable tickets.

Made a reservation at a country inn in Ithaca for the weekend for Joe and I!! :cheer2: We used to love staying at country inns before kids and when they were little they stayed with my parents and we'd go. Once they grew, the vacays all included them(even now). While we LOVE the family vacations, we're so looking forward to this quiet little getaway !! Ithaca is so beautiful-even in the winter! The weather may be mild enough to explore some parks! They have so many wineries around the Finger lakes, too!::yes::

Back to work!!

Nice weekend plans Patty. Enjoy the Lakes area. It is beautiful, even in winter.

Keisha, I hear ya. Rain once again in the forecast. I think we may have another very wet year. Certainly 2018 was for us too.

Tink, haha, must love that dog. I would put hot pepper sauce on the cords. That was the only thing stopping my chewers. How my dog did not get electrocuted when he chewed through my vacuum cord while I was using it. Agh. I do feel for ya.

Sue, hope you got a visit from the cable guy and have TV now. Nice score of tickets.

Charade, good to be busy. Hope you figured out your new copier.

Made bacon, so BLT sandwiches for dinner. Maybe will cook up a chicken breast, and make some chicken BLT ones.

Have a good night all.

Schumi, an interesting drink you had this evening.

Robo, so sorry to hear of all sick and GD issues. Sending lots of well wishes to all that need it, and a big yay! You're leaving tomorrow. I'm not leaving until Monday, so what are your plans? Well, except enjoying the sunshine and orange juice

Thanks for the well wishes Lynne. Our plans were to drive to our home in Florida tomorrow and get back in the sunshine. This has been a long few months away from the sunshine state except for my trip to HHN in October....would like to go up to Universal for Mardi Gras in February......looks like if I don’t feel significantly better in the Am we will have to push our leave time back a day or two....no crunch time we are both retired....this will give him more time to continue feeling better too.

I know you are looking forward to your trip on Monday :cheer2:

And you too.....hope you`re doing much better now.....UC is a horrible thing when it flares up. And to deal with a cold too......bless!!!

Going to give the trip to Florida a try where the UC flare up is concerned. On meds for that. If I don’t improve will have to come back and get some testing done....I’am more miserable with the cold right now though......on the bright side, if Santa has any left over presents to deliver I could share duties with Rudolf as my nose is as bright as his right now.....LOL

Thanks Keisha.....hope your little granddaughter gets well soon.....sending get well wishes to you all..

Made a reservation at a country inn in Ithaca for the weekend for Joe and I!!

What a nice romantic idea for a weekend.....you are a lovely couple have a great time.

Danielle is coming down with what I hope is just a cold, not surprising with all the wet weather that we've had lately. I'm ready for some sunshine :sunny:

Tink hope Danielle doesn’t get sick.....tell her to boost her immune system with some vitamin C.....worth a try.

Just had to share the good news. I checked Priceline again today and after a few tries was finally able to book AKV Jambo for 2 nights at $163 per night! Of course by the time they added taxes and fees it was closer to $190 but still a great deal :cool1:

Now I have to call and take a night off from our SF reservation to make up for the extra day at WDW.

My credit card is crying but it's worth it.

Nice weekend plans Patty. Enjoy the Lakes area. It is beautiful, even in winter.

Thanks! we'll bring layers so we can venture outside!:thumbsup2

Made bacon, so BLT sandwiches for dinner

Yum!! and chicken BLT sounds great!:)

on the bright side, if Santa has any left over presents to deliver I could share duties with Rudolf as my nose is as bright as his right now.....LOL

:laughing: Hope your Rudolph nose turns back to a Clarisse nose soon!

4515c8c0c7027d4b583a482f1b28241c.jpg

What a nice romantic idea for a weekend.....you are a lovely couple have a great time.

Thanks!:)

Just had to share the good news. I checked Priceline again today and after a few tries was finally able to book AKV Jambo for 2 nights at $163 per night

:cool1: YAY!! That is a fabulous price!! So glad for you!

Early to bed for me- didn't sleep well last night!

Have a great night all! Sending well wishes to all feeling under the weather!:)

giphy.gif

Good evening everyone. Today was a much better day. We finally got the new copier/printer working properly. Now if I could just convince my boss to upgrade our computers and scheduling software.

I got a very interesting email today. A little backstory - I have an older brother who is 62. He has been single all of his life. He is also a very private person, so if he has ever had a girlfriend no one, not even family, has known about it. Today he emailed me and said if I hear from Mom that he is seeing someone it is true. She is not getting senile. So I emailed him back and said you can’t just drop that on me without more info. So she is basically his best friend of nearly 30 years. They have even worked together for 20 of those years. I don’t know why they waited so long to move out of the friend zone, (I know she was married once, but it was not a good relationship) but I am happy for him.

Tonight`s drink of choice is cranberry juice, pineapple juice, squeeze of a fresh lime with a dash of sprite for some fizz...….Thirsty Thursday indeed!!!
That sounds really good.

I want to see Mary Popins.
We saw it on Christmas Day. It’s a good family movie.

Time to haul the trash to the curb before the truck gets here.
We are about to change our trash company. Our current company decided to increase their fee by 50% and not inform their customers first. We all found out when we received our current bill. So far over 400 people have cancelled their service with this company. Now they are saying that perhaps they made a mistake. Hmm..ya think?

Sadly, that won’t be much. He doesn’t do much gambling. Usually just some of the cheap slots. He spends most of his money on the shows.

Just had to share the good news. I checked Priceline again today and after a few tries was finally able to book AKV Jambo for 2 nights at $163 per night! Of course by the time they added taxes and fees it was closer to $190 but still a great deal
I am so glad I found this group. I never would have thought to go to Priceline to look for Disney properties. I try to be cheap with hotel rates, but I would be willing to pay that to stay there.

pattyw. I’d like to see Hamilton too! I did score tickets to see Come From Away when it comes to town in spring. I was able to get in on pre sales, going with a couple of friends and couldn’t even get seats together! But in same section anyway. I doubt there will be any tickets left when they opened to general sales.
Sounds like a fun getaway for you and Joe. I have a friend who lives in Horseheads, I think it may be near finger lakes? Not sure.
Hope you get some sleep!

Tink congrats on your akv score. How do you find these deals! I couldn’t see your post, it was blocked by one of those giant adds but I saw comments!
I had a dog that chewed thru my laptop power cord :-(. Sheesh. Cable guy did come, said it was the tv HDMI mother board that quit working. He tried all 4 ports. So he hooked tv to cable box old school using AV! It’s dds TV down in the rec room. It works now. So glad I don’t have to run out for a new tv right after Christmas, although now is probably one of the best times to get one lol. If I decide to update our pvr boxes to latest system I’ll have to buy new TV because the new boxes only use HDMI.

Robo feel better! I wish I were getting out of this rain and somewhere warm! What part of Florida is your home? Aside from Orlando we stay (pre Orlando) in Deerfield Beach. The hotel has rooms with full kitchens and has become our home away from home when we’re in town.

Lynne. BLT sounds good! Husband bought a ham hock and made the yellow split pea soup tonight.

Schumi I had cherry juice mixed with Perrier for a bit of fizz. And cherry juice is very good for inflammation! We bought a bunch of cherry juice in July from the orchards. They come in bladder type pouches and keep for awhile. Just finished the last of it tonight, sigh. We were visiting a friend in the fruit growing area of the province and always stop by the farm stands. Sadly we have been having huge problems in summer with forest fires, and a week after we left a big fire broke out in the area we were in.

Keishashadow good job getting it done. I guess our protocol is different here. I never have both routinely. They only do the ultrasound if there is a suspicious area on mammogram. So after mammogram you wait in the gown a few minutes while they look at the mammogram then you either get the go ahead to leave, or stay for ultrasound. I’ve only had to stay for ultrasound a couple of times.

Charade congrats to your brother! Guess sometimes a thing is right in front of you and you don’t see it! And sometimes it’s hard to take that leap from a friendship to a romantic relationship. Glad they found each other. Too funny about your mom not being senile. My mom is. And one time years ago she phoned me to say my brothers wife was wanting a divorce. So I phoned him to ask how the divorce was coming along. We both had a good laugh.

Tink congrats on your akv score. How do you find these deals! I couldn’t see your post, it was blocked by one of those giant adds but I saw comments!
There's a thread here that helps with identification of Express hotels on Priceline. For wdw hotels you search Lake Buena Vista then filter the areas WDW, Bonnet Creek and WDW, Disney Springs then choose airport shuttle in the amenities. I knew that AK Jambo was the 4.5* hotel since others had reported getting it so I pulled the trigger. I wouldn't have booked an opaque booking otherwise.

06A3E440-0DA0-4F65-9140-0945BB3CD304.jpeg

We had to postpone leaving today for Florida this morning.....just not feeling well enough yet....will shoot for Sunday morning. I looked at weather forecast and it’s supposed to be raining in Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Macon on into Gainesville today so basically 80% of the travel back home to Florida so it’s better not to leave today anyway. Weather supposed to be good Sunday for travel. I need to feel well enough to do my part driving.

Robo feel better! I wish I were getting out of this rain and somewhere warm! What part of Florida is your home? Aside from Orlando we stay (pre Orlando) in Deerfield Beach. The hotel has rooms with full kitchens and has become our home away from home when we’re in town.

Thanks Sue M......Our home is in Vero Beach.

Tink nice to hear you got such a good deal for AK.

Charade it’s wonderful that your brother has started dating his friend hope it works out for him. Love can blossom at any age.

I need to go and get a couple things from store now to last us a couple days. I had emptied fridge and pantry with plans to leave today....chicken noodle soup has been our mainstay for past couple days.

Prayers and get well wishes being sent to all our Sans family who are sick.......get well soon :grouphug:

Have a great Friday everyone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter