Something About Nothing ... #12

DD and I saw Mary Poppins this afternoon. We enjoyed it very much. Loved how they put Dick VanDyke in at the end!

Now off to local Chinese restaurant for dinner!

Charade- yes I did hear about Max Pass increase. Sad. Mousesavers.com still has some tickets at old price left. But I didn’t see any that included Max Pass.

Tgrgrl sounds like a fun weekend!

Schumi your get together sound so much fun!

Safe Travels for Robo and Lynne!

Feel sorry for ya, Mac.

But have to say it: Fly Eagles Fly.

As my little one’s coach said to her socccer team after stunningly beating a team that was levels above them, in a shoot out ending after almost the whole team took shots: Scrappy. Must be a Philly thing. :D

Happy Sunday evening all!! Got VERY behind here!! We just returned home from our lovely winter getaway to Ithaca! Stayed at a beautiful country inn!

It was cold and snowing today, but we bundled up and walked around a few parks and did a wine tasting (& purchase) at a Finger Lakes winery!

thumbnail_IMG_4936.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4911.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4929.jpg

This ones for @Monykalyn ! They had a chicken coop at the country inn!! Fresh eggs!! We were tempted to snag the escapee here!:laughing:

thumbnail_IMG_4934.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4913.jpg

Off to have some of that wine we bought today!!:goodvibes

Have a great evening all!!:)

Lynne.....safe travels and have a wonderful trip........

MonyK.......yep........it’s almost medicinal if served in a decent sized glass.......enjoy!!!

Sue....hope you enjoyed Chinese food.......love it!

Patty.....looks a lovely place......we always enjoy cosy little bed and breakfast places......we always talk about a beautiful bed and breakfast place in Vermont we’d love to visit.....and enjoy that wine!!

Talking of wine..........getting our first delivery of the year from one of our wine clubs today. It’s like being taunted from above..............all the wine we have in the house and more being delivered and we’re “enjoying” dry January.......:P

8.30am and still darkish.......looks grey and dull again today.......no idea of our plans yet.....it’s DS birthday next week so need to go get him some bits.......

Time for breakfast.....

Happy Monday all..........

Happy Monday all! Cold and mostly clear this early morning. Waiting inside until almost time for the train. 25 when we left home, and got hot coffee in my hand.

Think I might have packed a wee bit too much, but needed fancier clothes and shoes for the cruise dinners. I would feel kinda odd wearing sneakers and not at least looking like going to work on cruise nights. Lady can wear slacks ya know, just would not get as dressed up for our shorter stay at the Dark Side. Another use of my pass and hey, very thankful for a military ticket for older one. He is happy to see the Dark Side again.

And a just for the cruise, older one is using a Marvel suitcase that he rarely uses. And yes, I did pack sun tan lotion.

Lynne
Woohoo, travel day !

If you want to wear walking/running shoes with a dress due to comfort, do so and it will be fine

I stopped dress shoes some years back after the foot injury
Times have changed and no one mentions footware anymore

You and son will have a blast on the cruise
And the parks

So nice to do a trip with a son!
Marvel cases rule..

Have a fantastic vacation

Good morning :coffee:

Safe travels Lynne :goodvibes a cruise sounds wonderful :boat: nice change from the weather you're used to this time of year. I packed a pair of dress shoes that I haven't worn for years to wear to The Palm last trip and when I tried them on right before dinner they were too loose...guess my feet shrank...so I wore my regular shoes. Enjoy the time with your son.

Hope Robo is enjoying the Florida sun :sunny: no pun intended :duck:

Patty, love the pics...looks like a nice place to curl up by the fire and sip some wine...you both look so happy.

Tgrgrl, happy belated birthday to the birthday girl...those cakes look delicious :cake:

Charade, your CA trip sounds awesome..hope you get a good deal on your tickets. I've always wanted to go to DL ....maybe one day.

Carole...no wine or booze for the month :scared1: sounds dreadful but your liver will thank you. I'm going back to healthy eating after we get through our holiday treats...probably going to be dry diet February for me.

Mac and squirlz...sorry your team lost...at least they got there unlike my team.

Enjoying the last few nice, sunny days for awhile it's supposed to hit 70 today and upper 60s tomorrow then back down to 27 for Wednesday :cold:

Hi to keisha, monyk, sue and anyone else reading along :wave2:

Have a great day and be excellent to each other :flower1:

getting our first delivery of the year from one of our wine clubs today

Now that's a great club!! :thumbsup2 You'll be diving into that wine stash in no time!! January will fly by!

Thanks Mac. Almost at airport.

:cheer2: Have a great time! Can't wait to see some fun in the sun pictures!!:sunny:

Enjoying the last few nice, sunny days for awhile it's supposed to hit 70 today and upper 60s tomorrow

Enjoy while you can! :sunny: Cold front is moving in here, too!:(

Happy Monday all!! Day off or me to catch up on some house work! Time to clean out the fridge of all those goodies so we can start eating healthy!:)

tenor.gif

Good morning all! Safe travels Lynne! :sail:
Schumi wine club sounds fun!
The sun finally appeared here! A break in all this rain and gloom. Too bad finally a nice day and schools opened today from Christmas break! A cruel joke! I would have been whining plenty if I wasn’t retired!
5c or 41f out, depending on what part of the world you live in! I’ll take it! We’ve had never ending winter storms, but at least we aren’t shoveling!

Wednesday is younger dds birthday but celebrating tonight because she has classes Wednesday night. Her bffs fiancé shares her birthday, so they will be coming as well. Cake bought from Costco, just have to pop over to store and pick up some dinner rolls. Picked up some Kim Crawford Rose to go with dinner (sorry Schumi) I’m looking forward to trying! Dinner is a pork crown roast.

I was about to ask if Lynne was in the parks yet

Then I saw her picture...

Have a blast Lynne with your son

:wave2: Sans family I hope everyone who hasn't been on the board is having a good day:goodvibes.

It was cold here today so not a happy camper. Brian took the lights down today:sad1:. I love the lights and they can bring up my mood anytime.:thumbsup2

The weekend was quiet, Liv and Charlie worked so we had some adult time playing pokemon and video games:rotfl:.

Brian and I usually go to North Hampton Massachusetts for our Anniversary. There is a wonderful restaurant (he proposed in) and a beautiful hot tub place. The teens really want to go this year so I moved it up a week to this weekend since it is Charlie's birthday and they have a good special on your birthday. It will be dinner for the 4 of us then off to a hot tub. It is only about an hour from my house so then we will come back and have dessert. Charlie requested a brownie pizza so it will be my first one.:eek:. I am a really good cook but really can't bake to save my life.:scared1:

We have a storm coming in tomorrow but it looks like it should stay warm enough for just rain.:)

Lynne I am glad that you made it to Uni. That is a great pic with your son. I hope you guys have a great trip and the cruise dinners are the best part. I have to agree with Mac I will take comfort any day over sore feet.

Schumi It sounds like your get together was very nice. The food that you serve always sounds delicious. Brian and I use to do a wine club a long time ago and it was really nice. It sounds like you have a nice one and are getting ready to enjoy it. I hope your weather improves.

Charade Your Cali trip sounds like fun. I let Liv pick the graduation trip too. I won a sweepstake's about 6 years ago out to California. We stayed in a Lowe's hotel on Santa Monica Beach. We got to meet Apollo Ohno and spend time hanging out with him. Anyway, we went to the Santa Monica Pier multiple times and it was a lot fun. We enjoyed walking around there. However, the only sad part was there are lots of homeless people there. They were tents lined up and down the sidewalk. I have never been to Disney Land or the San Diego Zoo. I hear wonderful things about it. Enjoy your planning!

Tgrgrl Thanks for sharing the pic. It looks like your DD had a great birthday. The cakes look amazing, and I am sure they were just as good. I have only been to the Hard Rock in Mexico and it wasn't as good. A happy belated birthday to your daughter.

Patty Thanks for sharing the pics. It looks very peaceful there. I can tell you guys had a nice relaxing time with those smiles. Glad you got to walk around and enjoy it. It is always nice to come home and enjoy the gifts you bought yourself. I hope the wine was good.

Robo I hope you are enjoying yourself at your home in Florida. The sunshine and scenery can help. Have a great trip!

Monykalyn It does feel good to go through and get rid of stuff you don't use anymore. Any trip to Uni sounds great. I hope the coaster does open for you in June. I have heard some different times but only rumors. I love visiting the Grand Floridian it is so pretty. We haven't been there in about 6 years. The last time we ate at the step-sisters dinner buffet. I hope it all works out and you get to go for a good price. I agree it would cost a mortgage.

Sue Glad that you enjoyed Mary Poppins. Liv and I are going to a movie Friday while the boys go to a concert. She doesn't want to see it so we have decided on Bumble Bee. I am sure it will be good. I hope your chineese food was good.

Keisha Thanks I was surprised to grab that rate. I don't know much about the DVC part as I have never rented from there. From what you say it sounds like that is what they are trying to do. I am glad that your dinner went well even if the stove does cook a little different.

Mac I am sorry to hear your team lost. I hope you are feeling good. I am sure you are getting ready for Taco Tuesday tomorrow.

Tink I hope I can say my feet shrunk one day. It is a pain to have larger feet. I would feel so sad to be teased with weather like that then have to go back down. I hope it comes back fast for you.

I hope all the rest of the family reading a long is doing well and having a great Monday! I hope everyone has a great night.:D

91D5F779-9BA7-4474-A0AF-96CC2321BE5E.jpeg Any one see a mummy?

Peace all.

And hey, Tink, my feet never got smaller, but some how, one of the shoes I bought, fit little one better than me. They gave me blisters, but her, ooh they fit just right. My thought: I stretched them out for her. Kid has larger feet than me. Oh well, I have taken some of her too small shoes.

Bobbie, Happy Birthday to Charlie and congratulations on anniversary. I like to bake. Mostly when it is cold out. I think brownies are the easiest. One bowl, one pan, and only mixing until combined with a fork or spoon.

Just chilling. Very nice meal at Finnegan’s, and leisurely walk out of the closed Studios. Walked right on a waiting boat. Score.

Have a good night all. Love not freezing out. Beautiful 80 when we arrived.

Happy Birthday to Charlie and Happy anniversary to Bobbie!! Sounds like a fun plan. I attempted a skillet choc chip cookie last night, edible but not my best lol!
Happy Bday to Sue's DD too!
Sorry bout the Bears=what an ending to the game! DH and I watched the whole game and we were "What the ...just happened??"
This ones for @Monykalyn ! They had a chicken coop at the country inn!! Fresh eggs!! We were tempted to snag the escapee here!:laughing:
Ah how sweet! Love my babies What a neat place Patty! and romantic with the snow fall??
Very vocal! They probably were complaining about the snow falling!
Yes mine constantly complain and talk when it is wet. Or I open a door. Or don't give them a snack fast enough. Or clean their water. Or fill their food. Or when they want to come in for a nap. :rotfl:
Aloha! And a Finnegan’s meal is dinner.
Woot!!! Have fun at Universal and cruise!!

Busy day on Monday as usual. DH has a colonoscopy tomorrow (routine screen)- I will be sleeping in other room tonight :laughing:

The opened wine is gone now Schumi and I doubt I will open the others without someone else to drink it with me. schedule is about to get busy so not much time to have a glass anyway. Boy starts soccer practice Wednesday and sundays. At least we have some nicer days this weekend and today.
Have a great day and be excellent to each other
Party on Dude! (dudette :laughing:)
Speaking of movies-DH is flipping between Galaxy Quest, Stargate (movie with James Spader) and Baby driver:sad2:.
Time for PJ's soon, need to run and check the ladies and lock them up for the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter