Something About Nothing ... #12

I have 4-the 2 pictured can be held, one other one puts up with being held (she makes soft noises that I swear are sighs-like *sigh, if you MUST touch me I will allow it) and one that IF you can catch her she will stand still (AKA the dumb chicken or Hei hei even though her actual name is Autumn).
My yellow chicken is our cuddle chicken. She is the one that sprawls out with her legs to the side when she gets comfy on a lap.

Cold here today. Must get some errands done, but my pj's are so comfy...time for another cup of caffeine I think!

I love the idea of a cuddle chicken! Claude von Fang is my cuddle cat.. he LOVES to be held and drools when I put him. KC, my other cat, is like your sighing chicken.. wants the attention but runs away when I try to hold her.. if I get her, she will take being held and purr really loud.

Chuckers, do you still have the roommates with you or have they moved out?

Did the kitty cats all get along together well?

You haven’t mentioned them lately

Or maybe I’m thinking it was another homie that had house guests

Ooh, half tempted to do errands in my pj's MonyK. Got the ones that look like lounge wear. HeHe, make them holiday ones and no one will notice.
th

Sigh. A gray day all day so far. Thank goodness the rain is waiting, but you can feel dampness in the air, so we will get over an inch of rain by tomorrow morning. Hey, not complaining. Will be above freezing both days. Take that car that reminds me may be icy.

Cannot decide if it's warm or cold, so now on iced tea. It's been a long day so far.

82........yep........82F........

Gloriously hot day again today........absolutely loving this......but so confusing with Christmas all around.......it’s hot hot hot........but putting on suncream while hearing Christmas songs is weird.........but we’d happily do it again!

Loving this time of year so far, who cares it’s to cool down later in the week........this is amazing!

Having the best time so far.........spent last night in Sapphire Falls Strongwater Tavern with a friend........before we knew it, it was almost 11pm and we’d been chatting for hours.......lovely, lovely night.......

Heading back out to IOA now and Castle light show later.......

:wave2:

Chuckers, do you still have the roommates with you or have they moved out?

Did the kitty cats all get along together well?

You haven’t mentioned them lately

Or maybe I’m thinking it was another homie that had house guests

Oh no, it's me.. I still have the housemates. I am ready for them to leave, but it won't be for a while.. sigh.. We're trying to get the cats to get a long. Mostly it's my cat, who LOVES people, but doesn't really like the two trespassing cats. Their two cats, Dexter (older cat) and Colby (an obnoxious kitten) really want to make friends with Claude von Fang (my cat) and he wants nothing to do with them. They won't learn from his hissing and growling that they need to just leave him a lone. Colby and Dexter also seem to terrorize my female cat, KC. She's the most docile cat ever. All cats are fixed, yet Colby bites her on the back and has tried to mount her. The other day, Dexter just stared at her and hissed at her. She wasn't doing anything but trying to sleep.

We've gotten to the point of leaving Colby out free to wander at night, otherwise he just howls in their bedroom for hours. Last night, he was annoying Claude in my bedroom so much that I couldn't sleep. I kicked him out of the room and locked my cats in for the night. Colby still howls, but just not as much. I am now thinking about locking him in the basement at night. (He'd have water and a litter box.)

I am really fighting the urge to leaving the back door open so both of their cats run out into the night and never come back.

Plus when Claude hisses at Dexter, my female housemate goes through PTSD because one of her last cats died after Dexter and that cat got into a fight.

We're having a great time here. Got stuck on Kong for about 20 minutes today, right in front to the giant head. They had to roll out platforms and walk us all off. It was kinda cool actually.

We met Schumigirl literally seconds after entering the Club Lounge Sunday evening. Lovely family! We are so happy to have made their acquaintance.

With EP we haven't had to wait for anything. It was great to ride FJ again as it was down for refurb the entire time we were here last December. The EP here, at Gringott's and the train are a Godsend.

A rainy dreary day in VA. Nothing like the snowbird parents calling from Ocala to rub salt in the wound.....yay for your glorious weather.

I'm glad the homies at the Dark Side are having such great weather! I'd much rather have the cool down that's headed that way than the next 12 days of 30 and 40 degrees it's going to be here. Oh well, it's winter whatcha gonna do? :-)

All I wanted to do today was hibernate on the couch with a book, but alas errands had to be taken care of.....this family has a pesky habit of wanting to eat. Remembering Tony's italian wedding soup at The Palm made me want it.....with colder weather headed our way the end of the week, it just sounded perfect.

@Squirlz Is EP on FJ, Gringott's and the train not the best! Worth its weight in galleons! Goes back to a comedian that we watch, but Corey's now dubbed the regular line the unwashed masses. The first time he said it I'm pretty sure I launched butter beer.

Bring on Hump Day!

I am really fighting the urge to leaving the back door open so both of their cats run out into the night and never come back.

Plus when Claude hisses at Dexter, my female housemate goes through PTSD because one of her last cats died after Dexter and that cat got into a fight.

You must be a saint to put up with the housemates cats....
It if were me, I'd leave that door open........lol

My two cats are like my kids, I always have their back

We have been in Georgia 2 years this month.
And, have enjoyed weather at a high of 79 on NYE ...

Really no winter of what I call winter yet....
Now today it was only 60 and rained all day....

I'll learn what winter is as the bottom will fall out starting tommorrow...

Maybe one would get really lucky and the housemates would wander out the open door. :rolleyes1

Thank you for that laugh! I know they're not that happy having to live off someone else's charity and I know they're looking to get their own place.. so I am praying it won't be that much longer.

Well, I meant to come back sometime today and post, but the day just got away from me. I wish I could post when I am bored at work, but our data connection is almost non existent (I think the problem is with Verizon) and my boss refuses to get WiFi.

Today I received a surprise package from my sister. I was a bit confused because we stopped getting each other gifts years ago. I am now the recipient of a family gag gift that I was unaware of until today. 20 years ago my father gave this to my brother-in-law on his 50th birthday. My BIL gave it to my brother, who then gave it to my sister. Now it is mine. I’m the youngest, so there is no one for me to pass it on to.
2e366a0.jpg

Monykalyn - I’m trying to picture someone cuddling with a chicken. It makes for a very amusing mental image.

Chuckers - I wish I had a cuddle cat. Mine hates to be picked up and cuddled. He will allow us to pet him on the head sometimes.

Lynne - I think you could get away with shopping in those PJs. I once saw a woman in our mall wearing PJ bottoms and big fuzzy slippers.

Squirlz - Glad to hear you are having a good time.

Pooh - Do you have snow in your forecast this week? We may get a little on Friday.

Macraven - I would love to have winter temps of 79. I miss the mild GA winters.

I just dozed off while typing this post. Guess i should go to bed.

Charade, get a Russian Blue cat and anytime you sit down, they will jump on your lap....and nap

Mine follows me around in the house waiting for me to sit so she can hop
on my la
No complaints as I ♥️ it...

64 yesterday and although it was a rainy one.....it was 20 degrees warmer than it'll be today. Ick.

@Charade67 We do have flurries in our forecast a couple of times this week. I sent you a PM or conversation or whatever the heck it is with a little more detail on where I am in the state.

Cats? Would someone kindly explain to this gent that he isn't one? Little beast tries to sleep on my head and he snores like an 80 year old man.

Happy Wednesday, homies. I'm thinking a simple baked potato is sounding pretty good for dinner tonight.

i-8tmLfTm-X3.jpg

Squirlz, thanks for the drive by. Glad to hear all is having fun and enjoyed meeting Schumi's family.

Weather. Yeah, I'm having the Arctic air arriving today. Not happy it's going to continue to drop the temps as the day progresses, and by Sunday, snow showers. At least the rain moved out earlier this morning. Soggy leaves and wet roads. Dark as well, thick cloud cover still.

Here's hoping Cucker's present is having the house to himself and his cats shortly. I hope they find somewhere else to live post haste.

Aww, lap chickens and cats. Yeah, I had a 80 pound lap dog. He was a big baby. But a great dog. Miss having one sometimes.

Ha, a 50 mug, Charade. Have to wait until another family member gets that age. We had so many mugs, we gave a box of them away.

Pooh, stay warm. Tell that Gulf Stream to go above us, not below us. Sigh. Snow. At least with a snow shower, it shouldn't be that many inches. At least that is what I am hoping, no sticking.

th
th

Yes, Pooh, it is finally Wednesday. Hey, Keisha, back to reality stinks, but it is Wednesday, and I bet DGD is almost done school. So, for those working, happy hump day, two more days in the work week, and a weekend. I'm ready to get over this Wednesday hump day. For those not working, Happy Wednesday. Hope all have a good Wednesday!

Time for tea. Smart today. Sweater on, a heavier one. :-)

:santa: Two weeks. And our countdown continues.

th

and just remember:
th
:rockband::santa::santa::santa:

Happy Hump Day all!!

@Charade67 - Yes, Claude von Fang likes to be held and petted.. but he likes it at all the wrong times. And he likes it constantly. He is more like a dog than a cat.. follows me from room to room, talks to me as we walk through the house, and greets me at the door when I come home and leave. He is the most personable cat that has owned me. I believe that Claude von Fang is mostly a Bombay cat.. he's got all the characteristics of one. I call him my "house panther".

@Lynne G - I just have to keep reminding myself that I am doing a good thing by helping them out. My life will go back in balance soon... At least they've started paying me rent. My electric bill has tripled since they moved in.

Working a double today and tomorrow! Wheeee.. Christmas money!! I might actually be able to save some for my vacation :)

32!

• The atomic number of germanium
  • In Chess, the number of black squares, the number of white squares, and the number of pieces at the start of a game
  • In the Kabbalah, there are 32 Kabbalistic Paths of Wisdom
  • The number of teams in the NFL
  • The number of teams that participate in FIFA. (International Soccer)
  • The number of teeth, including wisdom, in the adult human mouth
  • The number of pages in an average comic book (not including the cover)
  • The international direct dial code for Belgium
  • The temperature, in Fahrenheit, where water freezes at sea level

Speaking of freezing water, I HAVE done Busch Gardens Tampa in the snow, I am praying there will be no snow during my trip to UO in 32 days!!

Number+32+ropes.jpg

Happy Hump Day all! Seeing the Schumi clan this afternoon after work and then having dinner. This is the last warm day we are supposed to have for a week or more. But...I don't mind it.

Have a good day!

Going to try to do a quick post while I have a connection here at work.

Macraven - I would love to have a Russian Blue. They are so pretty. I don’t know how Caspian would react to having another cat in the house though.

Pooh - Rain here too. I have been watching the Orlando forecast. I have no idea what to pack. It looks like we will have temps in the high 60s some days.

Lynne - I don’t have anyone to pass the mug to. I have younger cousins, but I really don’t know any of them. We are not a close family at all.

Chuckers - I like the term house panther. I can’t help but think of my favorite poet, Ogden Nash.

The panther is like a leopard,
Except it hasn’t been peppered.
Should you behold a panther crouch,
Prepare to say Ouch.
Better yet, if called by a panther,
Don’t anther.

I guess I should get back to work. I really don’t have much to do though.

Coooold here today. Middle decided Tom skip swim again tonight-finishing up her project and getting a good rest for her PreACT tomorrow. Didn't feel like making dinner when I got home so microwaved some potatoes, pan fried a chicken breads and sliced it up, shredded some cheese, and thawed some homemade chili-voila baked potato topping bar night. Sounds way more complicated than it was, but the kids loved it.

Great night last night at annual Christmas to remember. Actually have permission to post the kids pics this year. This is one of our sponsored kids. As usual- loved hearing the kids debate the reality of Santa Claus (since they got what they wanted for he MUST be real!). One of the kids at our table asked me how we decide what to have for dinner when there's not much food in the house. Director of that unit aware of the food insecurity ( and directs the parents to resources) but it's humbling (and infuriating to think SNAP may be cut!)

CUddle chicken post. iPad wonky now so I give up. Stay warm!

Attachments

• IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter