Something About Nothing ... #12

Well, the youngest made it through his first start without injury, but also without a victory. As I said, they were playing a team that is two classifications above us (4A vs 2A), and twice as many players (87 vs 43)...but they played hard and played to the end. It was tight into the middle of the third quarter (14-12), but they had a lot fresher guys down the stretch and pulled away for a 35-18 win against us.

That is also a highly ranked 4A team (number 8 in the state), and we played them hard, which makes the rest of the season look promising. Before the season, I think most people, including me, thought this was going to be about a 5-5 season, maybe 6-4...but after the first two games, I now am thinking 9-1 or 8-2. I thought we would finish second in the region, but I think we are eyeballing the number 1 spot pretty hard.

He said last week's game was the funnest game he had played in and he said this was the hardest. It would be hard to feel more pride for the way he played and the way the team played.

On to the Junior Varsity game, Monday, against the same team.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

@wagman67 Good for them and your son! I hope they have a fantastic season. I can't believe they would match your team against one that's two classes higher. That doesn't seem right.

Hey all. Sitting here watching storm coverage as I'm won't to do and feeling happy to be in this side of the tube vs our Orlando trip last year!

Got dragged to animated movie nutz 2 or something didn't know there was a 1 lol. Surprised I enjoyed it, popcorn make everything go down better

Lynne - give that DD a sweet hug, throw in a noogie for giggles

Carole happy BD to Tom & early congrats on the anniversary! Hmm so close in dates, slap a bow on your noggin and smile

Wag way to hang in there! That says something as to quality & character

DS said he was pleased with their scrimmage game. Team so bad when he took it over last year, as in almost setting a state record for consecutive losses. They won one game, you would've thot it was states lol.

Would u believe they didn't have a youth or weight/lifting program in place? Unheard of in this day & age!

Rural area near, central PA near WV border. Coal industry going under decimated the area. fracking brings in experienced workers who live in trailers or motels & move on. A few millionaires via their land but no jobs created

The district is so poor all qualify for free lunch program. Most kids have to work in summer side by side with migrant workers in fields. They're tuff kids, just no experience up to this point Would love to see football program keep an at-risk kid in school and even collegiate opportunities down the road

Just stopping in to say hello. I was going to read the entire thread but noticed it is 713 pages. Wow. I keep coming back to these boards to get tips and information. I have learned a lot here. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

@wagman67 Good for them and your son! I hope they have a fantastic season. I can't believe they would match your team against one that's two classes higher. That doesn't seem right.

Well, we kind of did it to ourselves. Because we have been very successful the last 4 years (we only lost 2 regular season games in that span), two things have happened...we were moved up from class 1A to class 2A (even though, our numbers still put us at 1A) and no school, in our classification will agree to play us, unless they are district opponents. I mean that literally...no school in 1A or 2A have agreed to play a non-district game against us, last year or this year. Last year, in 1A, we only had 2 non-district games to fill, but this year, we have 4. All four games are against schools that are either higher classification or a higher division.

So, that is why many of us thought we were looking at 5 or 6 wins this year, but the team has really played up the first two games...which, I guess, is why the entire school's sports motto for the year is 'Play Up'.

Just stopping in to say hello. I was going to read the entire thread but noticed it is 713 pages. Wow. I keep coming back to these boards to get tips and information. I have learned a lot here. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

:welcome::welcome:

Happy you are here !

Afternoon all...got the TV stand finished last night and set up the TV so I watched some stuff on Netflix before bed.

Cable box won't power on but Comcast to the rescue. They actually had an appointment this PM...that has never happened before.

Hopefully all will go well with connecting components. :beach:

Well, we kind of did it to ourselves. Because we have been very successful the last 4 years (we only lost 2 regular season games in that span), two things have happened...we were moved up from class 1A to class 2A (even though, our numbers still put us at 1A) and no school, in our classification will agree to play us, unless they are district opponents. I mean that literally...no school in 1A or 2A have agreed to play a non-district game against us, last year or this year. Last year, in 1A, we only had 2 non-district games to fill, but this year, we have 4. All four games are against schools that are either higher classification or a higher division.

So, that is why many of us thought we were looking at 5 or 6 wins this year, but the team has really played up the first two games...which, I guess, is why the entire school's sports motto for the year is 'Play Up'.

That's pretty awesome! I hope you guys do better than expected this year!

IMG_5029.JPG Had to say goodbye to my Big (Lil) Roo today. Found a farm for him with 6 hens, free to roam and crow. Will miss him but couldn't keep him. told the guy I'd get him tickets to our big events (Sertoma Wingapalooza and Sertoma chili cookoff) if he would send updates LOL! The hen I got at same time has been crying a bit (she never vocalizes) so she has been getting extra attention from us.

Got one garden bed done-holy moly was it overgrown. Have several pounds of carrots now, along with a pound of onions that were still buried. And my rosemary plants are now free again! Had to come in cool down and rehydrate.

Happy weekend all!

Watching our local high school team on tv now on espnu...big time game for such a small town team. It's tied 7-7 now, I miss the days when Trey played under the same coach. Now they have the #2 ranked qb in the nation.

Will miss the tales of little roo but he should have fun roaming free with the hens.

Nice to get everything paid off chuckers...now on to HHN

Have a great weekend everyone :flower1:

IMG_0221.JPG I watched the sun set over the Gulf waters. 80 degrees still.

See picture, made fantastic time, no traffic to speak of, well, car I mean. Very warm swim in the Gulf, dip in a warm pool, then hot tub. After cleaning up, walked in thick, loud drinking crowds to eat dinner and bring back some sweets to eat later with a cup of tea. Life is good.

Aww, Lil Roo has a new home. Here is hoping he enjoys the new digs and hens.

The sun is shining, time for tea. Little one is almost up. Butterflies with some odd numbered pawed cats, a rooster or two, fish in tanks, and some museums are the early day, then afternoon at the beach, swimming in the clear, blue Gulf waters.

Have a lovely Sunday all!

Rain.Won't.Stop!
We are OK here on the east side of H-Town, minimum damage but main thing, nobody hurt! 9.7 inches of rain between 2:15 am and 5:00 am this morning...almost two feet since Friday night. Toughest thing is trying to tell the kids-especially Gage-that everything will be fine when you know that only God knows that. No water in the house proper, but my "new" office extension will need a new ceiling, insulation and possibly wiring. One flooded VW and garage...plus our 40 foot Ash tree fell on neighbor's fence. Tree won. That kinda stinks. Haven't lost power but I have a wammer-jammer generator and fuel for several days if it were to come to that.
Daughter #2 and her crew woke up to a foot of water in their home and she is in an area that we can't get to yet, with cats, dog, rabbit...and-oh yeah-grandkids stuck out there. Mom is down on the SW side of Corpus and dodged the big blow, but did get some rain damage too.
Hope y'all are all OK and that those with the worst damage find solace in the fact that they are alive. The material stuff is just that-stuff.

buckeev, have been thinking of you and wondering if you were in the area that was affected

prayers sent for you and all, for safety

material things can be replaced.

peeps are what is important ...

sounds like you will have power with the generator.
hope it holds out for more days than just several.

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter