Something About Nothing ... #12

As it is now probably not leaving today
But maybe Friday

What's everyone's plans for Labor Day weekend?

But maybe Friday

Hope it clears enough for you to get home safely.........

Survived the mega clothes shopping extravaganza that is my friend........wow can she shop!!! Managed to send 2 emails while she was trying stuff on.........yawn! Eventually encouraged her to buy something or I was off.........and I had my car so she was stuck........lol........she decided then it was time for lunch........so had lunch and dropped her off at her office as she was consulting this afternoon..........maybe in another 5 years we can do it again........

2 weeks today till we fly..........:cheer2:

Labor Day plans, well, with some rain, not sure, but birthday celebrations, Hamburger festival in the mountains (and as a bonus, get to see and maybe hold my great nephew), and BBQ with chicken and hotdogs. Yep, were are an adventurous bunch. LOL

@goNDmay9 Myself and the kids will be down that weekend also, Thursday to Monday. Another family will be joining us at some point. All my kids loved Kong (4, 6 and 11.) My daughter, the 6 yr old, hated HM at WDW to give you a point of reference.

My wife and daughter were supposed to head out of town tomorrow but I convinced then to go today to get ahead of the inpending TS/hurricane heading towards us.

:hug: To Mac

Last edited:
Labor Day plans, well, with some rain, not sure, but birthday celebrations, Hamburger festival in the mountains (and as a bonus, get to see and maybe hold my great nephew), and BBQ with chicken and hotdogs. Yep, were are an adventurous bunch. LOL

Whatch out for those mountain oysters! :rotfl:

:laughing: They better not have any of those. First time we're going to that festival. I'll report back.

Have a great trip and stay out of the storm's way.
:D It's just us boys at home this weekend. The girls will be gone but will be here riding out the storm. This will only be a rainmaker. I've been through a lot higher category hurricanes in the past.

Horrible explosion at Cape Canaveral!!!

On our news now.........

Sounds like a nice ceremony Mac.
Looking forward to the trip report Schumi!

My DS on last disney/universal trip had to be talked into several rides. He went on Space mountain in 2014 and that is only time. Did do BTMRR a couple times and Splash a couple times (our 2014 photo from that is hilarious-used it on our christmas card that year). At universal-he LOVED MiB (sooooo worth the price of hotel for EP on that one!!) Transformers, spiderman were also faves, He did the HP ones but didn't like them (Gringotts was better than the other). Talked him into Mummy-yeah never again. I think he might like Kong though. My middle did everything-she loved RRR but that one looked a bit intense even for me.

Labor day plans-haven't given it much thought actually-going to get the college kid tomorrow afternoon and then we will see what comes up. If weather is nice may head to Silver Dollar City for a few hours one day-right now it is Southern Gospel festival -doesn't interest me too much but fun to go to. I really like the harvest and cowboy festival through fall, then the Christmas time at SDC is outstanding. Routinely voted one of best in country.

Actually this weekend is one of the very few now until December where there isn't something planned:)

But maybe Friday

Hope it's ok that I crash the party- I'm not a "regular" around here, but I'm excited about my plans and wanted to post/brag.....

I'm gonna be on my first Universal trip!!!! :cheer2::banana: Just 3 nights at RPR to get our feet wet and see if we like it. DH is going to be a tough convert after all of these years at WDW, but we'll see.

I watched the video posted on the Dis today about the HHN decorations being up and I'm a little sad that we will be missing the excitement of the parties. I've never been interested in HHN before because I've always been a big chicken-I don't like the jump out at me scares at all. But I've been watching a lot of it on youtube and I love the costuming and makeup of the scare actors so I think that I would enjoy just being there in the streets. I'm a huge fan of Walking Dead and the show Faceoff is one of my favorites. It will still be cool to see some of the props out and get some pics. I'm really hoping they will have something with Jack on it that I can bring back.

Hope it's ok that I crash the party- I'm not a "regular" around here, but I'm excited about my plans and wanted to post/brag.....

I'm gonna be on my first Universal trip!!!! :cheer2::banana: Just 3 nights at RPR to get our feet wet and see if we like it. DH is going to be a tough convert after all of these years at WDW, but we'll see.

I watched the video posted on the Dis today about the HHN decorations being up and I'm a little sad that we will be missing the excitement of the parties. I've never been interested in HHN before because I've always been a big chicken-I don't like the jump out at me scares at all. But I've been watching a lot of it on youtube and I love the costuming and makeup of the scare actors so I think that I would enjoy just being there in the streets. I'm a huge fan of Walking Dead and the show Faceoff is one of my favorites. It will still be cool to see some of the props out and get some pics. I'm really hoping they will have something with Jack on it that I can bring back.

Lol.......brag away..........yep, HHN is not for everyone.........you may love it though!!! But a first Universal trip is always exciting.........I'm sure you'll love it........

RPR is our favourite place to stay and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Orlando........love it. We feel like returning family every year we arrive........

They had loads of Jack stuff last year.........in fact I'm drinking tea out of a Jack HHN mug right now........their stuff is excellent quality.

Hope it's a fab trip for you.....not long now.......

:welcome:mom2stitch...we like everyone here as we're a friendly bunch.

Congrats on your first trip, you will love HHN, the atmosphere is wonderful...I would be happy just to walk around all night and soak it in. The houses are a bonus and so well done.

Once you experience unlimited express and all that USO has to offer I know you'll be hooked like the rest of us.

@schumigirl - I really want a tervis bottle hope they have one of those. RPR looks so inviting and nice, can't wait!

@tink1957 - from what I've read in trip reports I think that Express Pass is going to be like heaven! BTW-beautiful dog!
That's the only part of vacation that I dread...I have to leave my babies behind :sad:. I'm Mom to 2 :dogdance:, 2:cat:, and 2 birds (we need some bird love in the smiley department, lol).

It sounds like a beautiful ceremony Mac. I hope everything went well. Hope your brother is ok. Stay safe in the bad weather.

Pcstang don't get into any trouble with the girls out of town. :P:D You stay safe too water can be nasty.

We are joining the countdown until our trip with 35 days. Seems too long but hopefully will be here before we know it.
If I don't get a chance to get back here before the long weekend everyone enjoy!

I'm gonna be on my first Universal trip!!!! :cheer2::banana:

I'm late for the party but came to say

:welcome::welcome:

Mom2stitch our newest homie

You just joined the family so stick around

Love adding new kids here!

We usually have 4 different conversations going on all at once

Since you are a mom you will be up to our style of chat

The only set up we have is we all play nice

You will love it here

I'll be back later depending on when I can leave the sunshine state for my home

Typing on a cellphone is taxing for me

Fat fingers are my downfall

I really need to get home
Miss my cats

And have a busy month
Son is having surgery sept 16
And 2 doc appts

Going to Va for one son's graduation
And will be back home 2 days before I fly to Orlando for my solo vacation

I'm tired just thinking how to juggle my September time

I really need to get home
Miss my cats

And have a busy month
Son is having surgery sept 16
And 2 doc appts

Going to Va for one son's graduation
And will be back home 2 days before I fly to Orlando for my solo vacation

I'm tired just thinking how to juggle my September time

You'll get there Mac.........

How's the weather now.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter