Something About Nothing ... #12

HaHa, hope MonyK's chicken did not fly up to Keisha's roof, and peck away.

Too funny, MonyK. Enjoy hearing about your chickens.

Yeah, having a car can be expensive too. Not a nice bill, Sue, when trying to save for another trip.

Keisha, yeah the days of summer camp. Luckily, the camp they went to, and now working out, provides transportation to and from camp. Only time I visited, was on family visiting day. It has been hot, and yeah, those metal bleachers. Hotter than hot, or colder than freezing. Hence, towel and blanket are in the car for many a year, when soccer and baseball games were watched.

And ooh, another car thought dark enough out during my pre-dawn morning commute, it turned the headlights on. Was a very nice and quick commute before the sun rose. But oh so bright on the horizon now. And another hot one. Saying afternoon temps will be around 92. More clouds in the sky, but oh that sun looks so shiny and liquid ball of golden yellow. And yes, I did bring my sunglasses, hair tie and hat for lunchtime walk.

So, with those having this more like summer weather, it's a Thirsty Thursday, and all should ensure they drink up. Stay hydrated, and yeah, into that AC and shade at least some of the day. Or come to my office, I can tell, sweater will be on soon. For those not having such a hot feeling day, still drink up, it's good to be hydrated, and all have a Thirsty, Terrific Thursday.

412112 because you know what that means? 412114

Good morning everyone :coffee:

Enjoying my morning coffee and waiting for the dish guy to show up....wouldn't you know it when I turned on the DirecTV it was working better than it has in months 😏 guess all I had to do was cancel to get it to work. I still have service until the 17th...crazy.

Have a great day homies :flower1:

As I step onto The hamster wheel, good morning sunshines! Track camp meet for GD this am going to be fashionably late, 90 decrees amd metal bleachers aren’t a great combo

Immediately to get blonder thereafter My longtime gal disappeared again. Hope I found a winner in new place I’m trying

Aha might just be my roof marauder lol! That’s a new one on me

So, i missed the 2021 cruise plans...woot. Ready to share the particulars? I’m still looking st which one for next year. Nothing jumping out at me

Indeed. That’s a hit, yuck. Wouldn’t know what it does if my life depended on it
Yike! I don’t know what I’d do if I lost my hairdresser! Been going to him for 20ish years. I just go in and sit down and he doesn’t have to ask me anything!
I couldn’t tell you what the serpentine belt does either! But sure know what the starter does lol!
Good morning everyone :coffee:

Enjoying my morning coffee and waiting for the dish guy to show up....wouldn't you know it when I turned on the DirecTV it was working better than it has in months 😏 guess all I had to do was cancel to get it to work. I still have service until the 17th...crazy.

Have a great day homies :flower1:
It’s like going to the mechanic, car has been making noises for weeks, you go in and.....nothing! Good luck with tv!

Well the rain we’ve been threatened with has arrived. Torrential early morning. Seems to be a break at the moment. Mr took dogs for a walk.

We have a bear in the neighbourhood. Took down our bird feeder and branch it was hanging on the other day. Mr comes back from dog walk and ran into neighbor who said he was outside in back yard watering yesterday and saw the bear. No ones too concerned, he isn’t attacking anyone. He just ambles along, doesn’t want to see you any more then you want to see him. As it should be. Don’t want them getting habituated around people. Those are the ones you have to call animal control on.

Nothing planned today, except trip to the vet for dog food. Will drop off daughter at bus loop for work.

Yesterday younger daughter came over and spent afternoon with me, mowed lawn. She won’t use gas mower and uses push mower! Not as good a job as the gas mower but at least it’s done! And before the rains came. Very thankful. I went to get us DQ sundae and we sat on the patio enjoying!

Good morning from a very beautiful and sunny morning.....

Extended the trip a little as friend is doing some work while she is here, so she had to be nearer Glasgow, so a quick hotel shift over to the West Coast....family is closer here too. But we still get to see friends.

Weather has been gorgeous and this hotel is very pretty too.......suite isn’t quite as luxurious as first one, but we were just glad they could take us.

Tom got sunburn yesterday........oops!! Didn’t realise just how long we had been in the sun......and diet definitely starts as soon as we’re home! So many lovely meals including cooked breakfasts in hotel which I don’t usually have but they’re so lovely.........

Hope everyone is good..........and Janet......have a wonderful trip and hope roof issues were sorted!!

:wave2:

HeHe,Tink, Direct TV was just messing with ya. I hate that, ready to replace, and the thing gets a second wind. I'd still replace. And I hope it gives you that better working until the 17th.

Sue, yay, ending the day with ice cream. I used to like DQ, but the one near us, well, the ice cream, the vanilla, seems to have no flavor at all. Hence, we stopped going there. Even the Rita's near it, has custard that has a vanilla flavor to it's vanilla. But since I had ice cream in the freezer at home, after reading your post, made myself a vanilla milkshake, and since it was plain, decided to chop up some of those thin Reese's Cups, and tossed them in. Yum, and a nice treat after touring the zoo, as the zoo had a late night for members, and it was still almost too warm out as we toured.

Schumi, yay, a live trip report in Scotland. Ouch, hope Tom's sunburn is not too painful. Wonderful, you are having a great time visiting family and friends, and enjoying some lush food, and beautiful weather.

Well, I guess since it is a Friday, saw more cars on the road than I have usually seen, in the wee hour I commute. Usually, I am the only car, or one of the very few cars, seen until I get to the City limits. In the middle part of town, where there's a four way stop, most of the time, I am the only one there. Well, as I came down the street, near that four way stop, there was a car already waiting at the light. But he was quick to go as the light changed green, and I followed him through the little bit of road, to that four stop. Across from us, I could see a car. The car in front of me, let that car turn left. Then the car in front of me, turned right, and ooh, ready to also turn right, but there was another car behind the one across from us I did not first see, and he turned left so quick, I had to stop my starting to turn right. Ack, now I am the fourth car in line at the next four way stop, at the next block. The three all go straight quickly. Ooh, as I watched and waited for my turn to make the left, all three had then turned left in the parking lot behind the fire house. And, as I turned left passed the corner fire house as I was turning, realized, ooh, must be a fire call, as usually, that small fire house is dark, and it's all lighted up this morning. Nice, that the doors were not opening as I went past, so very thankful another quiet and easy commute.

And hey! One more sleep before Keisha's on the road. Hope you get out of the house at a reasonable time tomorrow morning.

Finally, ah yes, so thankful it's a Friday. Even little one is tired from a very hot first week of working at the camp. And ooh, that's not dark tan yet, seems she got some sunburn on her shoulders. But otherwise, yeah, she's getting so tan from being outside this week. I think older one is tired too. He did not go to the zoo with us, as he said his feet were sore, and wanted to take a shower and relax.

Ah, the sun is up, if it is 90 or above today, which it is predicted to be, a heat wave we will have; yay! Summer is here. Yeah, as as we get that temp up high, starting today, the take your chance to have a thunderstorm bring you rain, and downpour chances too, just in time for the week-end. Yep, welcome to summer.

And hey, welcome to Friday all you homies. Wake up, and have a fantastic Friday today.

412460 and oh yes indeed, 412461

412462 I hope so, follow on homies, the week is almost a wrap, and we are at another end of the month. As we start the next week, oh hello July.
And that means, next week, I can say, we'll be traveling next month, and two months after that, and six month after that. Woot!

Time for that third cup of tea. Yep, it is surely a Friday!

A very happy Good Morning and Good Afternoon to all.

Zoo pictures from little one. It was a beautiful night at the Zoo.

Zoo has some wonderful statues of animals like this one of elephants:

B3F45D0F-A480-4CEF-9100-A0EF631F0D1D.jpeg

Fun on the swan boats, was nice as a last ride before we left as the zoo closed at 8 last night:

1AA0E821-1F6A-49AF-8547-4133AD93B69A.jpeg
6A57A554-2932-4935-8D55-9D11C3303AC5.jpeg

Many were being fed, like this cute bird:

554519FA-C240-4925-9165-19E0C53E02E1.jpeg

And I think this older gorilla had the right idea:

40F8AD72-4B57-4E33-A87B-B24787637249.jpeg

Finally, I guess a year or two, the zoo put in overhead paths for the animals to travel through. So far, we have seen tigers, and various monkeys, and lemurs like this guy:

50ABD027-68A7-4AFB-B102-53C179758309.jpeg

Back to routine programming.

Lynne I loved your elephant picture
My dad was an elephant trainer before ww2

Enjoy the heat wave you have
Since your high temps started early, you can be used to it for your next vacation in Florida

Hi to all the homies!

Schumi know you are enjoying your extended vacation back in your homeland

Lynne, no his sunburn isn’t too bad today.....hotel gave us some cooling gel for it and seems to be helping.

Thanks Mac.......being back in the old homeland is so nice.....

Back in hotel enjoying drinks and a selection of appetisers in the hotel bar.......friends went back to Paris earlier this evening.....was so lovely seeing them again.

Again, we’ve been so lucky with the weather, hot and even hotter tomorrow....not sure what we plan to do then, will decide in the morning.....

Sure is quiet on here today........guess everyone is busy.......::yes::

Hope everyone has a great weekend.......

Last edited:
:wave2: quick stop in before heading home for the weekend. It's a long weekend here with Canada day on Monday 🇨🇦

Looks to be a wet one here for most of the weekend. Family is coming to visit. We have decided not to go to the lake with all the rain in the forecast. We will find plenty of things to do here in the city to keep us occupied.

Looks like everyone has had some busy days with school finishing up. Lynne...I just loved your zoo pictures. We are a zoo loving family ( as long as the zoo has big enclosures for the animals they have and take care of them ) I can wander around all day just watching all the animals

Very thankful. I went to get us DQ sundae and we sat on the patio enjoying!

OOOOO I love a good DQ sundae. We went last night for the last day of school for the boys.

and diet definitely starts as soon as we’re home
hahahaha....I know that one well. I need to get my butt outside and starting walking again. Hopefully this rain goes away. I'm trying not to complain about the rain, We were under a number of bans from outdoor anything due to it being extremely dry here. You couldn't fart outside without worrying about starting a fire. We had lots of small towns evacuated and home burnt due to wildfires. Life in Canada...one extreme to the other. The farmers need the rain...but soon we all need some heat again soon.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!

Schumi lol! I always say that during a trip to Florida, every Florida trip actually. The diet starts as soon as I get home. :rolleyes2 Glad to hear you’re having a fun trip!

Lynne, DQ is ok around here but my fav is Carvel! Sadly we don’t have any in Canada. Come to think about it, I can’t recall any Carvel on the west coast at all :scratchin

Went to Aquafit this morning, and errands. Dinner then going up the lane for a neighbourhood ladies get together with some wine and goodies.
It’s a holiday weekend here Canada Day July 1. My community has celebrations all weekend. Tomorrow (& Sunday) is the Annual Fireman’s Pancake Breakfast. We’ve been going for years. Always run into people. It’s very well supported by the town.

:wave2: quick stop in before heading home for the weekend. It's a long weekend here with Canada day on Monday 🇨🇦

Looks to be a wet one here for most of the weekend. Family is coming to visit. We have decided not to go to the lake with all the rain in the forecast. We will find plenty of things to do here in the city to keep us occupied.

Looks like everyone has had some busy days with school finishing up. Lynne...I just loved your zoo pictures. We are a zoo loving family ( as long as the zoo has big enclosures for the animals they have and take care of them ) I can wander around all day just watching all the animals

OOOOO I love a good DQ sundae. We went last night for the last day of school for the boys.

hahahaha....I know that one well. I need to get my butt outside and starting walking again. Hopefully this rain goes away. I'm trying not to complain about the rain, We were under a number of bans from outdoor anything due to it being extremely dry here. You couldn't fart outside without worrying about starting a fire. We had lots of small towns evacuated and home burnt due to wildfires. Life in Canada...one extreme to the other. The farmers need the rain...but soon we all need some heat again soon.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!
Happy Canada Day! Rain here yesterday and a bit this morning. Hopefully it will help the fire situation here. I haven’t heard if the West Van fire is contained yet. Closed down N bound Sea to Sky.
Was Slave Lake evacuated again this year? I heard the fires were threatening them, I don’t think they recovered from the last one that decimated the town. So sad.
Not complaining about the rain either, we need it so badly. But sun supposed to return here tomorrow.

Happy Canada Day! Rain here yesterday and a bit this morning. Hopefully it will help the fire situation here. I haven’t heard if the West Van fire is contained yet. Closed down N bound Sea to Sky.
Was Slave Lake evacuated again this year? I heard the fires were threatening them, I don’t think they recovered from the last one that decimated the town. So sad.
Not
They were not evacuated. They did have an 8 he notice for evacuation as it was pretty close. High Level was evacuated as well as smaller towns and settlements that were. So w of them did come here. We had around 1500 evacuated people staying here in hits or with family or friends. There were some homes burnt, but not as many as the Fort McMurray fires. It's just normal summers for Alberta and BC. Hope the fires stay away for your area.
There are lots of different activities going on here. Parade, fireworks Sunday night. Family activities, some local music artists performing on the park. So hoping to partake in some of the music and fireworks.
Sounds like you have lots to partake in too. Have a great weekend!!!!

Oh fires in Canada, scary with closings and evacuations, Pumpkin.

Happy Canada Day weekend to all celebrating this long holiday weekend. Love parades and fireworks and, well, all the food. Pancakes, nice to help out eating them Sue.

Yeah, I think there is no more actual Carvel stores, but their cakes and other ice cream treats are sold in some of the local grocery stores.

Very sunny start to this Saturday. Two loads of wash done and actually hung some stuff I know will dry fast. Then some errands and pool time. Sounds like a fun day for us. Then we have the clash of the cold front with this high warm weather, and some of us will see some severe thunderstorms and chance of tornado has been issued for later this evening, Here is very much hoping I have neither.

Heat wave continues today, humid 94 before the cold front wins, and mid 80’s the next four or five days . But I know, those humid and hot days are not done. Dog days of August tend to be, with many a heat wave started as well go into the later summertime. And I am loving it.

Later homies, have a super duper Saturday.

And with another change of plan.......we’re home.

Stayed at a place called Loch Awe last night, saw the forecast for today was bad up there with some rain, so told the hotel it would just be one night instead of two, and left very early this morning for the drive back down South.....

And we are basking in a heatwave down here........arrived 2 hours ago so took us around 7 and a half hours of driving and we are now settling down to a glass of wine and Tom is preparing the grill to cook later.......Kyle was planning to grill tonight anyway, so sent him a message early this morning that we were coming home today and asked him to bring some stuff out for us too and we’d join them......and it is boiling hot here!! We have 91F right now in the garden.......and we are beside the sea! Although we have lots of trees to shelter us from the breeze.......sitting under a shady gazebo right now.....

We did have a lovely time in Scotland, seeing friends, family and having gorgeous weather was fabulous......and we decided next summer we’re going to have a week up there somewhere, just us.......we do have a holiday cottage that belongs to our family up in the wilds, but, that’s a little too remote for us usually. So maybe we’ll visit Loch Ness then......didn’t make it this trip. But the best laid plans.........still had a wonderful time.

No more trips till Orlando now.........

65 days till September trip and HHN......

152 days till Christmas trip

309 days till May trip!

Not that we count or anything........:rolleyes1

Hope everyone’s having a great weekend whatever you may be doing and Keisha.......have a fabulous trip!!!

Hi everyone. Quick drive by:car::drive:. I'm feeling mostly better, but have an outpatient surgery scheduled for Monday afternoon. I'm currently trying to get some much needed chores done around the house since I know I won't feel like doing much of anything Monday and Tuesday.

Since I probably won't be around Monday - Happy Canada day to our Canadians.

Last edited:
Hope our Canadian homies here have a great weekend fest for celebrating Canada 🇨🇦 Day on the 1st!

We should get a bus and bring all the homies to their place and do a 3 day party
Food and wine all weekend long
All are welcomed! We can watch the fireworks over the inlet from my deck!
Oh fires in Canada, scary with closings and evacuations, Pumpkin.

Happy Canada Day weekend to all celebrating this long holiday weekend. Love parades and fireworks and, well, all the food. Pancakes, nice to help out eating them Sue.

Yeah, I think there is no more actual Carvel stores, but their cakes and other ice cream treats are sold in some of the local grocery stores.

Very sunny start to this Saturday. Two loads of wash done and actually hung some stuff I know will dry fast. Then some errands and pool time. Sounds like a fun day for us. Then we have the clash of the cold front with this high warm weather, and some of us will see some severe thunderstorms and chance of tornado has been issued for later this evening, Here is very much hoping I have neither.

Heat wave continues today, humid 94 before the cold front wins, and mid 80’s the next four or five days . But I know, those humid and hot days are not done. Dog days of August tend to be, with many a heat wave started as well go into the later summertime. And I am loving it.

Later homies, have a super duper Saturday.
Yes, doing my duty supporting our fire department eatting those pancakes and sausages lol! All the proceeds are going to our hospital and hospice.

I have found a couple of Carvel stores in Florida. Down south, near where we stay outside of Ft. Lauderdale. One is in Coral Springs and one in Boca Raton.
And with another change of plan.......we’re home.

Stayed at a place called Loch Awe last night, saw the forecast for today was bad up there with some rain, so told the hotel it would just be one night instead of two, and left very early this morning for the drive back down South.....

And we are basking in a heatwave down here........arrived 2 hours ago so took us around 7 and a half hours of driving and we are now settling down to a glass of wine and Tom is preparing the grill to cook later.......Kyle was planning to grill tonight anyway, so sent him a message early this morning that we were coming home today and asked him to bring some stuff out for us too and we’d join them......and it is boiling hot here!! We have 91F right now in the garden.......and we are beside the sea! Although we have lots of trees to shelter us from the breeze.......sitting under a shady gazebo right now.....

We did have a lovely time in Scotland, seeing friends, family and having gorgeous weather was fabulous......and we decided next summer we’re going to have a week up there somewhere, just us.......we do have a holiday cottage that belongs to our family up in the wilds, but, that’s a little too remote for us usually. So maybe we’ll visit Loch Ness then......didn’t make it this trip. But the best laid plans.........still had a wonderful time.

No more trips till Orlando now.........

65 days till September trip and HHN......

152 days till Christmas trip

309 days till May trip!

Not that we count or anything........:rolleyes1

Hope everyone’s having a great weekend whatever you may be doing and Keisha.......have a fabulous trip!!!

Welcome home! We’re BBQing steaks tonight. Sorry your trip got rained out. So no Nessie this trip?
Hi everyone. Quick drive by:car::drive:. I'm feeling mostly better, but have an outpatient surgery scheduled for Monday afternoon. I'm currently trying to get some much needed chores done around the house since I know I won't feel like doing much of anything Monday and Tuesday.

Since I probably won't be around Monday - Happy Canada day to our Canadians.
Thank you. Lots of celebrations here, like Pumpkin. I love that I can watch the fireworks on my deck! Still full from Fireman’s Pancake Breakfast. It’s held in the fire hall and always gets tremendous support from the town. We went early, at 8:30 and was already starting to fill up, go past 9:00 and there’s lines to get in.
Good luck to you Monday for your procedure.

Nah, we left before the rain arrived Sue.......and drove into even warmer weather! Can’t complain about that........we were lucky with the week we had, it was glorious........no Nessie........visited a few other Lochs around. But, plans afoot for a week next year in a cottage based at Loch Ness or Inveraray.....so beautiful up there....enjoy your steaks tonight! Diet starts tomorrow :rolleyes1

Yes, steaks, bbq chicken thighs and few other bits and pieces including the nicest potato salad I ever tasted........friend of Kyle made it up and it was delicious.......told her I need the recipe!

But we’re melting here! So unusual for us over here.......and although it’s now 7pm.....no sea breeze to cool us down......may have thunder and lightning later........will be glad if it changes the temperature and cools us down a little.......

3B4A0440-E499-47C5-B501-CCE5F06CA859.jpeg

Oh my, water was around 82 and felt like bath water. Was so nice. Now cleaned up and time for some errands. So hot out, AC on in car turned on high.

Glad to hear you made it back safely, Schumi. Sounds like a good night to grill out.

Sue, nice you had your full of breakfast and so mice to contribute to those charities.

Keisha, hope your travel was quick and easy. Have fun with the holiday park stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter