Something About Nothing ... #12

Evening.........

Had the best day today.......

Tom’s birthday........didn’t plan to do much, friend called and asked if we fancied some brunch at theirs.........so he said he’d pick us up.......turned up at theirs and a load of our friends jumped out shouting Happy Birthday when we walked in........it was lovely!!! Around 16 of us altogether..........

Lunch was in a local restaurant after some champagne and light nibbles before hand........I was starving by now as I was expecting brunch when we arrived.......lol........they drove us to local restaurant around 1 and lunch was their treat......nice.

Spent the afternoon back at their home in the garden although it was a little chillier as the day went on.......and enjoyed lots of champagne..........

Tom got lots of lovely gifts and tonight we are having a special champagne I ordered for him......a Pol Roger he loves!!! And although we had lunch out, Kyle wants pizza......he’s not out tonight, so will order one for him and we’ll share one.........a smallish one!!

Pizza and champagne???? Who knew.............

So that’s our day..........we have the best friends!

Hope everyone’s doing ok and having a great Saturday.............

Nice pictures Lynne...........

Afternoon SANS:wave:... It has been a busy couple of days and every time I went to sit down to say "hi" something distracted me!!! Anyway school clothes shopping is done and the teens washed their own stuff! I have had the 4 teens the last two days so it has been quite loud here. However, I will miss it when school starts they won't be around as much, I think:scratchin.

Brian and Charlie are working on the basement and yard and Liv took her final SAT today! She felt good about it! This was her third one and she had a good score before but wanted better:thumbsup2

Dinner and games with my two teens tonight!! Liv wants a relax day tomorrow before back to school on Monday!!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my daughter and her speech! I really appreciate it! She says she will take a public speaking class:goodvibes:goodvibes

Schumi- glad that Tom had a nice birthday and you got to celebrate it with friends! Happy Birthday to him.

Lynne- Love your pics thanks for sharing, however I am missing PBH a lot right about now. I forget how early the parks start getting ready for Halloween.

Charade- It is nice to splurge sometimes glad you got too!! We have Red Lobster here and it is pretty good!

Monykalyn- Hope the pup continues to do better. I totally know how it feels to do everything you can to get them to eat.

Tgrgrl I am so glad to hear you are having her spayed. We need more people to do this and help the overpopulation. We did this for a feral colony a couple of years ago. I got 5 kittens from it!! Thanks for caring!!

Tink - hope work went well

Patty- So sorry to hear bad news about your friend. I hope the walk and mental health day helped that was a great idea!

Want to say "hi" to Mac, Robo, Agavegirl, and Keisha!! I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Hi!
Happy birthday to Tom!!!:bday::rockband:

Lynne- pics are great! How was MNSSHP? I heard from friends that it is super crowded this year and not as enjoyable because of it. But, how could it be bad being at MK and, and, getting piles of candy too!!

Patty- so sorry to hear about your friend. It is tough when those we love are going through bad times.

Bobbie- I can’t wait until my kids get a bit older & we can play some more advanced games for game night! We are finally past the Candyland & Chutes & Ladders ( a little piece of my soul died whenever I had to play these & whhhy, for the Love, were they always the longest games EVER to end) and now we are on to the intellectually stimulating PieFace and Googly Eyes.... but what can I say, the kids love it!! Sigh.

Hello to everyone else reading along!

I am sitting by the pool & the girls are swimming with friends and the golfers in the backyard on the 7th tee are dropping F-bombs & looking for their lost golf balls in the waterway behind our house. A typical late Saturday afternoon ! LOL

Thank you ladies........Tom says thank oooooo too.......:D

mac, yes, it was a lovely surprise.........lovely day! Thank you.......

Thanks Vicki.......hope work went quickly........

Bobbie........thank you..........glad your daughter is doing a course on public speaking......it’ll help her no ends if it’s something she struggles with!

Tgrgrl........thanks........and sounds like a fun day listening to frustrated golfers!!

Robo.......thank you......love the meme’s.......hope you’re doing ok........

Won’t be long till bedtime.........been a busy day, and a busy week all told!

Tomorrow night is Mexican night at our friends house........he has one rule......no sombrero......no Entry......should be a fun night. I’m taking desserts and snack items.......everyone brings something.......so I made a huge apple pie, key lime pie and tomorrow I’ll make another.........not sure what yet........

Always a good crowd at his house.......some of you know this is the husband of my best friend who passed away 2 years ago aged just 50 from cancer......so going in their house is a mix of memories.......but love seeing him and the kids......

Although it’s a Mexican night.......we’re going to be drinking rum!

Janet........where are ooooooo???

Enjoy rest of your Saturday.......:wave2:

Oh Schumi, I forgot to tell you that this morning after I dropped my daughter off at dance, I was chatting with my neighbor in my driveway and a huge, 4 ft black racer snake came across between us! Before I could run in & close the garage door, the snake went into the garage. Ugggh! My husband & I have looked for it but we can’t find it. Now I have a fear that it’s going to get into my car at some point & make an appearance as I’m driving 50 mph down the road. :sad::sad::sad: #FloridaLiving

A late :bday: to Tom. Anything is good with presents, pizza and champagne.

FE9945E1-F00A-4866-84A4-F2970F470208.jpeg

So cute penguins. Dodging the rain drops and hoping to see the night show. I thought the park was busy.

Bobbie, I did not think our party was that crowded, 30 or minutes for mine train and space mountain, everything else less, with Buzz and People Mover a walk on. After watching last castle show, made it in Buzz’s line as the clock struck 12. Candy given at end as thank you for ending the night for us. On way out little one got a charm with no wait.

Eek, snake in my best Indiana Jones voice. I hope it left your garage before got any further Tigrgrl

Oh Schumi, I forgot to tell you that this morning after I dropped my daughter off at dance, I was chatting with my neighbor in my driveway and a huge, 4 ft black racer snake came across between us! Before I could run in & close the garage door, the snake went into the garage. Ugggh! My husband & I have looked for it but we can’t find it. Now I have a fear that it’s going to get into my car at some point & make an appearance as I’m driving 50 mph down the road. :sad::sad::sad: #FloridaLiving

That terrifies me!!!

The only thing worse than a snake or spider are snakes and spiders that disappear and you don’t know where they are!!!

Hopefully it’ll have disappeared away into the distance..........::yes::

That terrifies me!!!

The only thing worse than a snake or spider are snakes and spiders that disappear and you don’t know where they are!!!

Hopefully it’ll have disappeared away into the distance..........::yes::

Well, I’ve thrown our old, 16 year old cat in the garage & told her to “do your job” so hopefully she will run the snake out for us!!!

Tom’s birthday..
A little belated, but a heartfelt Happy Birthday to Tom!:bday:

Liv took her final SAT today! She felt good about it! This was her third one and she had a good score before but wanted better:thumbsup2

So wonderful she wants to better her score! Good for you Liv!:)

the snake went into the garage
:scared1: :faint:
Well, I’ve thrown our old, 16 year old cat in the garage & told her to “do your job” so hopefully she will run the snake out for us!!!

Hope your kitty scares the snake out! Keep us informed!:thumbsup2

Lynne- Cute penguins! Keep the pictures coming!:)

Good day- productive day! We did a lot of yard work- it's going to be rainy this evening and tomorrow morning.

Can you believe it's Labor Day weekend next week??? :eek:

Time for a Long Island Iced tea!:thumbsup2

Robo, Mac, Tink :wave:
and
Monyk, Ckmiles, Charade, Keisha:wave2:
and to those reading along:wave:

Good evening everyone. I don’t really know where the day went. I didn’t really do much of anything. Tonight B had a music recital. She takes piano and voice lessons, but singing isn’t really really where her talents lie. It’s always interesting to hear the songs the students choose to perform. One of the vocal performances was the song Point of No Return from Phantom of the Opera. It was really kind of creepy because the people singing were brother and sister. If you’re not familiar with the song google the lyrics.

Schumi - Happy belated birthday to Tom.

Bobbie - Wow, 3 SATs already? B has only taken it once. She will take it again in November. I think your daughter is wise to take a public speaking class. As much as I loathe public speaking, I think everyone can benefit from taking a class.

Tgrgrl - Yikes!! I don’t know what I would do if I ever saw a snake near my house. Thankfully I have never seen any snakes outside of a zoo or aquarium.

Lynne - Im loving the pictures.

I should get to sleep now, but will probably stay up a little while longer and watch some mindless TV.

I should get to sleep now, but will probably stay up a little while longer and watch some mindless TV.

Same here! Watching shows that I've DVR'd - so a little of everything!

Music recital- sounds nice! What was B's performance?

Late again to the party!
Friday night was the event to raise money for the tiny houses for our friends sleeping outside. Bands were fabulous-first one was a take on the Post Modern Juke box/jazzy music. 2nd Tom Petty tribute band (my friend, her husband, and her brother are all in band)-friend has a fabulous voice for Tom Petty! 3rd was Paul Simon tribute band-started with Obvious Child and that awesome rhythm/drums - took our 15 year old with us and we ended up dancing to all the Paul Simon stuff. Well we did until I had to sit down right near the end-toes/foot went numb then burning/shooting pain-probably too much on broken toe. Ah well-worth it. Slept in a bit - or tried to-DH drove up to his mom's at Lake to bring back a queen mattress and box springs that are new and his step dad's sister didn't want, exchanged for queen set in oldest's kids room, DS will get her set -DD old set not pillow top and new set is. He doesn't care. Heat/humidity returned today-just in time for 90 minute soccer scrimmage this afternoon. Nachos easy dinner after.
Middle had a "friend" over-she didn't mention the friend was male when she mentioned friend. NOT ready for this!

.the rum and wine are up here!
At least until the tiki bar goes in?

received sad news about a good friend
So sorry! :hug: Good that you got to get a nice drive/walk in - housework will always be there-mental health is more important!

Boo to you!

Some from the parade last night.
Think middle is ok with a MNNSHP too-after big sister told her how much fun it is. I LOVE the Boo to you parade and music! Good shots-looks like you had good weather for it too

Tom’s birthday

:bday: to Tom!! Cool for surprise fun with friends!!

the teens washed their own stuff!
Still waiting on that to happen here!

However, I will miss it when school starts they won't be around as much, I think:scratchin.

Yeah-even after not having 2 around for the summer-the 1-2 weeks I did have a full house-rough adjustment again when they left. Although oldest DD is home this weekend to get stuff she forgot.

Liv took her final SAT today
Hope she gets the score she wants!

Oh, of course it’s attached, door leads right into the kitchen.......
I am ok with our garden snake in the garden - but not in house:scared1:. hope he slithered away outside and back into his home-not yours!

Hey to Mac too!! Charade that is a pretty talented kiddo of yours! And mindless TV-yeah HGTV on most of day-one show made a headboard out of old pallet wood-DH has several pallets stacked against side of house again (the chocolate comes on pallets)

Made a margarita to go with the nachos...fading fast. Bed soon I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter