Something About Nothing..........#11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I chose a new avatar. Can't find my old and gone dog, so I'll have to use my current dog. Now we just have to fix the proud redhead thing.
well, my quoting box is working now.
it didn't when i was on her earlier.

from what was posted on the original thread of letting us know about the new boards, it stated tags would be eventually coming over here.
i am still trying to mark the UO forums so i don't have to start from scratch each time i want to see what new theads have been started.

i tried what was posted about choosing a new avatar but it stated none available.

tink, the wm said things will gradually be back in place.
this new system reminds me of other forums.
the one thing i enjoyed about the disboards were the simplicity of doing things on it.

change is not my strong point.
i go thru changes but it doesn't mean i like it.

oh, we ended up eating what was in the fridge tonight.
no delivery service from any of the eateries around my town.
still in blizzard conditions and the snow count is up to 13-14 inches.
have a 6 foot drift in the driveway due to the winds.

well, i am slowing figuring out the new system....
it only took me an hour to understand what others are posting elsewhere on how to "subscribe" to a thread or forum.

i went nuts doing that the past hour adding alerts to threads.
think i am up to over 100 threads now...........and the list is growing.

i did colorize my saying, i couldn't let it get lost in the shuffle.
it really has been my life forever and didn't want to lose it.
talking about: life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams....
if you need any help in monuminating aroud the boards, let me know and i will try to help you.
we can use the old pm system ways and move up to how it's features are being used now.

i am not saying i am the best teacher for this job but i can guide you so you don't get frustrated over it

i spent an hour trying to get from one forum to another
and if any of you out there heed some assistace for that contact me and i will share what i know to do.

i'm sure there others that can do the same thing too

can we get together so we can work as a team to help the others out

i dont want to lose any of youse , my homies here

if you are trying to do something that is not working someone willl lead you

its just working or something you do not understand we can do Mac 101 to start off with

going through the new stuff takes away some of the old stuff

HeHe both Mac and I are question marks.

I'm an old dog, I don't like change either, but this will grow on me.

We had about 3 inches of snow, but "warm" weather came in, 36 degrees, and now we have a big slushy mess. Can't wait, the high is 20 tomorrow, so anything that stays wet will now be a nice icy patch. I guess that's better than 6 feet of snow. Stay warm and dry Mac. We get rain until around noon, so a soupy slushy mess will be during the ride home too.

Hope all had a great week-end. It's Monday, and time for tea.

Better a ? than a square Lynne

Good news...my vacation was approved:yay:
Still waiting to hear if Trey got his ok ...Danielle is all set so at least the trip is on for us.

Have a good week everyone:goodvibes

I guess so Vicki! I still can't see your picture either.
That's great you got your vacation time off approved. Hope Trey gets his ok soon.

Well, I guess it's been fun. About to give up on this after 15+ years here. I didn't follow Lines to its new forums and since I can't even figure out how to get to this thread, and they no longer have an app (how I read 95% of the time), I just don't have to patience to try to figure this out. Sigh.

Not sure about this.

This purple dinosaur definitely doesn`t like change and it`s a big change.

Pretty petty......but I do miss my tags.....I liked them.

Awwww, I hope we don't lose people because of this. You can put your tags back in. Just go into your profile page and you can add them.

Where the heck is the app. Can log in and being thinking it's been down all this time.

i started reading the thread by the webmaster last week.
they did state some of the avatars would not transfer over.

i'll try to link that thread here on what you can do
they also said that the glitches will be worked out later and tags should be following over to the new system.
hope so, I spent lots of time pandering for mine

Hahahahaha....you're famous! (or is that infamous?)

lol, whatever it takes

I like the new colors it's much better this way..now I've been demoted to mouseketeer
Hope this gets straightened out soon.

Good news is I won at football squares so more vacation $ for me :woohoo:

woohoo indeedy! we came close but no cigar.

I don't see the mousekeeter status? I see font people:crazy:

guess it's time to delete the DIS app, android people are probably jumping for joy

at the risk of the blondes leading the blondeso_O, will rely on the kindness of homies to steer me in right direction this week as to figuring out new site.

Just broke down and uploaded a new avatar after several tries finally got it to work...meet my girl Sasha.

Aww Ms. Sasha is beautiful. I couldn't think of anything, so mickey ears for now.

Slowly getting used to this. Hard on my eyes for now. I agree with Buckeev, ugh. Mac 101 needed indeed.

look at the far right hand upper side of the page.
you will see in small print, "watch thread"
click on that and you are subscribed to this thread.

you can also do the subscription to forums also.

when you click on watched threads/forums, you will get a new page with all of them listed.
click on which of them you want and it will open up.
this way, you don't have to go to the main board for all listings each time.

Last edited:
Hm. Don't like the quote either. I was already watching the thread but when I went to Watched Threads it always was just taking me to only Unread ones so I couldn't get back here. Now that I've found the "View All Watched Threads" (instead of just unread ones), I guess I can find it although it insists on taking me to the first page. But maybe I can do it. Maybe.

On a different note, leaving on Sunday for a cruise on the Norwegian Epic! Janet - have you done Norwegian at all? Any other cruisers here? Excited since we got both the Ultimate Beverage Plan (free drinks!!) and the Unlimited specialty dining so get to try all the specialty restaurants (including Brazilian and Japanese, along with the traditional steakhouse, French, etc.) and all the drinks! We're not huge drinkers but can always go for a couple glasses of wine with dinner and looking forward to trying all the fun/ice cream/pina colada/daiquiri types during the day.

On yet a different note, to answer your earlier question mac, yes, there are tons of tour groups in the parks (both Disney & Uni) over the last few weeks. On the plus side, other than sheer numbers/bodies/occasionally blocking an entrance or walkway, etc., I haven't had any issues with any of them. No rudeness, obnoxious singing, cutting in lines or things like that. Just more people.

On a final note, I'm not admitting to anything :blush: but just giving a warning. "If" you lend someone your Uni AP so they can use it only for the "After 4pm Express Pass" there is a chance that they'll be asked for ID and then have your AP confiscated at a ride. And then you have to go to Guest Services and plead ignorance and get a new one. Just saying. Not from personal experience or anything. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is good in all the snow all over the country! Let me know if anyone makes it down here and would like to meet up somewhere/sometime!

look at the far right hand upper side of the page.
you will see in small print, "watch thread"
click on that and you are subscribed to this forum.

you can also do the subscription to forums also.

when you click on watched threads/forums, you will get a new page with all of them listed.
click on which of them you want and it will open up.
this way, you don't have to go to the main board for all listings each time.

i edited my above post to state thread, not forum in the second sentence.
but, since marcie quoted me before i did the edit, wanted to let all know.

Just broke down and uploaded a new avatar after several tries finally got it to work...meet my girl Sasha.

what a beauty!

On a different note, leaving on Sunday for a cruise on the Norwegian Epic! Janet - have you done Norwegian at all? Any other cruisers here? Excited since we got both the Ultimate Beverage Plan (free drinks!!) and the Unlimited specialty dining so get to try all the specialty restaurants (including Brazilian and Japanese, along with the traditional steakhouse, French, etc.) and all the drinks! We're not huge drinkers but can always go for a couple glasses of wine with dinner and looking forward to trying all the fun/ice cream/pina colada/daiquiri types during the day.

On yet a different note, to answer your earlier question mac, yes, there are tons of tour groups in the parks (both Disney & Uni) over the last few weeks. On the plus side, other than sheer numbers/bodies/occasionally blocking an entrance or walkway, etc., I haven't had any issues with any of them. No rudeness, obnoxious singing, cutting in lines or things like that. Just more people.

On a final note, I'm not admitting to anything :blush: but just giving a warning. "If" you lend someone your Uni AP so they can use it only for the "After 4pm Express Pass" there is a chance that they'll be asked for ID and then have your AP confiscated at a ride. And then you have to go to Guest Services and plead ignorance and get a new one. Just saying. Not from personal experience or anything. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is good in all the snow all over the country! Let me know if anyone makes it down here and would like to meet up somewhere/sometime!

hmmm new Floridian ignorance - eh? lol

why yes, I have cruised NCL. it's been a while and on an older ship (Star, north to Alaska). The Epic is newer with so many decks & amenities, looks nice. So, an Eastern or Western & did u score resident, military or pack & cruise rate? inquiring minds need to know.:hyper2: Anyway, NCL is the one line I'd think twice before booking again:rolleyes1. I called to canceled an excursion the week prior to sale date. Something made me check the reservation before we sailed. the rep had cancelled the whole reservation!!! had booked thru a TA, it was a real mess to get it reinstated since line wouldn't talk to me since TA 'owned' the res. I was an unhappy camper to say the least. you know that nobody in their right mind would routinely cancel after final payment date. We lost 'the perfect' cabin but NCL did throw us a dinner & OBC. That said, the food in MDR was inedible:faint:a first, we aren't picky. we did enjoy all the specialty dining venues (the Italian place became a favorite) and an evening at the lido buffet (which turned out to be one of the better buffets we've experienced other than DCL). I'm thinking our experience was specific to that ship but have yet to give NCL another whirl. You should be fine with the specialty venues:). I was disappointed that getting over the flu last month, I wasn't able to do our 'free' drink pkg justice on Celebrity. it was really nice to have specialty coffee and fresh-squeezed OJ in the am. only thing that surprised me was that alcohol wasn't included in the French restaurant on the ship (celebrity summit) bit of a surprise when check came lol. Have fun & come back & let us know how it went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter