Someone pls tell me about Annual Passholder discounts

pumpkinboy

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We are planning 3 (oh yeah, three!) visits to WDW in a 12 month period, starting in November if this year. So of course, we are going to buy Annual Passes. Having never had these before (I can't wait), I don't know what kind of discounts we are going to be entitled to. We are DVC members, and therefore fanatical planners who like to know our possibilities well in advance. Please help illuminate this for us.

I know there are discounts for WDW hotels, but how much is the discount typically? and how far ahead are they announced? are thetre certain times of year when there are more of them? are they more typical in certain classes of WDW hotels (deluxe vs moderate etc.)?

Are there other cool benefits to being an AP holder (I mean, besides being able to go to the parks whenever you are in Orlando)? Is there an AP newsletter that tells about available perks?

Thx in advance for your input :chat:

I'd like to know to know too. Particulary about discounts other than the hotels. Restaurants etc...

Anyone???

Nice one Fantasia Girl! Thx very much for the link. I shoulda known that AllEars would have something. ::yes::

So I read thru the page and it still left me hungry for more! A lot of these benefits are shared by DVC members (like myself) already. I guess it is the hotel discounts I am most interested in. Can anyone let me in on what kind of WDW hotel stay discounts we might get as an AP holder? are we talking 10%, 20%... how much usually? and at what times of year might I expect to find these? Also, how far in advance do AP discounts on WDW hotels come out? are we talking 1 month, 3 months, 6 months maybe?

Sorry to be so curious. I appreciate any pearls of wisdom some of you more seasoned AP holders can impart Thx in advance.

This link should have historical data on discounts:

Historical data from Mousesavers.com

The discounts are not guaranteed and are not totally predictable and they vary by season. I got an AP rate of $109 for standard room at AKL last month. I think it's $179 fro the same room this spring with AP discount.

I think a value room was $49 last month but is $79 for the spring on AP discount.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Padme
Can you get the room discounts with a child's annual pass?
Good question, and does not seem to be answered on the two excellent links here (thx very much arminnie and fantasia girl :D ). Not that it matters to us, as we are gonna get 4 APs (2 kids, 2 parents) and apparently you can reserve up to 3 rooms on one AP (at different resorts even!). Looks like we're adding some AKL time to our DVC stay after all.

(oh, and arminnie, no more emergency room visits for you, OK? I read the full account of your very "exciting" experiences, and hope nothing like that ever happens again.)

I'm going back to WDW in May - I will try very hard to stay out of the ER! You are going to love AKL. I'm a new DVC owner also and will get my first trip home in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!