Someone explain Figment

Are you thinking of Cranium Command in what was the Wonders of Life Pavilion? It was a simulator ride that was much more nausea inducing than Star Tours will ever be!
No. Cranium Command was a theater show.

fcc198025.jpg

The simulator ride was "Body Wars" where you entered the human body after being miniaturized..

bodywars_art1991disney.jpg

If you search for it on Youtube, make sure to look for the original version as well as the current version. The original version featured the Dreamfinder and his pal Figment far more than they are featured now. Today, Eric Idle, Philip Brainard (from Flubber) and Wayne Szalinski (from Honey, I Shrink The Kids) feature more prominently, whereas they weren't part of the original.

Thanks!

I never experienced the original, but for this version, two words: Eric. Idle. :lovestruc:lovestruc (I have a slight Monty Python obsession and will watch any of them in anything) Plus, it's actually really cute :)

The simulator ride was "Body Wars" where you entered the human body after being miniaturized..
I remember that. I usually don't have trouble with motion sickness and that one almost made me hurl. My mom does have trouble with motion sickness and she DID hurl. Thankfully not until we were outside and she was hanging over a trash can.

I remember that. I usually don't have trouble with motion sickness and that one almost made me hurl. My mom does have trouble with motion sickness and she DID hurl. Thankfully not until we were outside and she was hanging over a trash can.
Yeah, in addition to the somewhat nauseating visuals of being inside the blood vessels and organs, the ride simulated the to-and-fro throbbing of the human pulse, a sure recipe for motion sickness.

Both Capt Eo and HISTK were just 3D/4D theatres, with no actual movement.
It was Honey I Shrunk the Audience, not the Kids. But I always felt like there was some up and down movement, most noticeably when the giant dog approached. Was I imagining that?

I don't think 5 1/2 hours out of a 13 hour day with a wait of more than 5 minutes constitutes "almost always has a wait time of 15-45 minutes".

I think that the PP we are referring to meant that on any given day you will find wait times of that length.; not that it has wait times that long all day, everyday. That's still a change from the wait times before FP+.

I love Figment! Figment is my favorite ride in EP…COP is my favorite ride in MK so I'm not sure my taste in rides lines up with many others on this board (I go on all the coasters and everything else but Figment and COP will always be my "disney" rides). I think the Figment ride is adorable and it is worth the FP (I mean what else are you using your Tier 2 Fps on anyways)

Dreamfinder! :love: Like everyone has said, the original was far superior. The new one does have Eric Idle, though. Motion sickness should not be an issue, but you may want to hold your nose in the smell room…

The old kids' play area was more extensive, too.

I think that the PP we are referring to meant that on any given day you will find wait times of that length.; not that it has wait times that long all day, everyday. That's still a change from the wait times before FP+.
Thank you. I thought what I meant was obvious.

No. Cranium Command was a theater show.

fcc198025.jpg

bodywars_art1991disney.jpg

I looooooved Body Wars!!! And also the original Figment. I'm not one of those WDW people who pines for the old days or gets upset at change, but I do miss those rides.

character is kind of cute but ride is very outdated and IMO a real waste of prime WDW real estate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter