Some questions about what you can order on the DDP (sides, appetizers, etc)

HalfDozen

Mouseketeer
I'm confused about this. In the DDP you get:
One table service meal – includes appetizer, entrée, dessert (or full buffet) plus non-alcoholic beverage and gratuity/service charge

One counter service meal – includes entrée and dessert (or complete combo meal) and non-alcoholic beverage

One snack

So, for a table service meal you can sometimes order a three course meal as your entree? (From another thread). What limitations do you know of? I read that at WP Cafe you can't get an entree priced over $25, is that still true? Any other limitations? I assume any appetizers that are for more than one person are off-limits, but I'm wondering if there is anything else.

For the counter service meals, you just get an "entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage." So, if you order a burger somewhere, and it doesn't come in a combo, you have to pay OOP for fries, but you DO get a dessert? So the best use of this is to order combos? Can you get the pizza/salad combos at like Toy Story?

As for the "non-alcoholic beverage" - can you get smoothies, speciality drinks, etc? (For the kids more than for me :)) What about specialty coffees like cappuccinos? If you want coffee at the end of the meal, do you have to pay OOP for it, if you've already gotten a fountain soda?

Okay - I think that's it. Thanks.

I will leave the rest to others, but regarding the coffee after a fountain drink: last year I was charged EVERY time. I must have coffee with dessert. :teeth: I believe each time the server informed me that I would be charged extra, so this must come up often.

Hi! We just got back on Thurs and used the DP. Here's what I know and what our experiences were last week. First and foremost, I would venture to say that all CMs I came in contact with were very knowledgeable and positive about the DP (I heard here that some were not) but mostly, they agreed with whatever you wanted. I spent several minutes explaining/asking if I could have such and such instead of such and such and they would just nod there heads and smile. It was very refreshing! Anyway yes, for TS you get app, entre and dessert. We were never told at our TS's that there was a $ limit. WCC was great and we ordered all different price ranges at no additional cost. Coffee was always offered after our meals, no charge. At Brown Derby, the waitress made a point to tell us to get our soft drinks and then after dinner we could have any specialty, non alcoholic drink we wanted. We had cappuccino's and they were fabulous. As for the CS question, we ate ours at the food court in POFQ so everything basically was a combo of some sort with fries/chips. We were told by the cashiers to go get a dessert from the bakery counter.

I hope that answere a little bit of your questions. We were very satisfied with the DP, would do it again! As I posted prior, we saved about $300.00 on the DP, did more character/signature dining than we normally would and ate like kings! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter