Some help with dining, please.....

katt95

Mouseketeer
We will be in WDW from June 12-18. I am traveling with my 15 year old daughter, 47 sis in law and 65 mom in law, coming together from 3 different states. We are not on the dining plan so we will mainly eat CS meals but do plan on doing Tea at GF, Crystal Palace, Konas, and somewhere else. Now my questions are what meal is best at Crystal Palace and at Konas? Is there a have-to restaurant on your list that will cover the 3 different generations. My mom in law is a hip grandma so she is open to most anything.

Thanks for your input!!!

And if you like a quieter restaurant, get the earliest dinner seating- you'll get great service, great food, and can explore the resort afterwards!:cloud9:

We prefer breakfast at Crystal Palace. To be honest we only eat the buffets for breakfast. We just don't think the dinner buffets are all that good.

I have only had Kona for dinner and it was great. But I have heard WONDERFUL things about Kona for breakfast.

The restaurant that is a must for us is Crystal Palace. My daughter and husband feel that once they have had breakfast at CP they are at Disney. We generally plan it for breakfast for our first full day on site.

We also enjoy Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge.

For counter services Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom is a must for us. I love their ribs. Our daughter LOVES the Backlot Express at DHS. Not too sure why, it's okay. But she loves it.
I have heard good things about Columbia Harbour House at the Magic Kingdom. We plan to give it a try this time. We have had lots of recommendations to eat there.

Tea at GF will be perfect for all of you!!!

Crystal Palace is a buffet...and a great buffet but in my opinion (although some may disagree)...if you are going to do a buffet and have such a spread of age and probably likes/dislikes...I bet "grandma" would love Boma...Boma is the best buffet we have found with traditional foods and very different African style foods.and lots of times there is entertainment in the form of African drums, singing and dancing in the corner of the restaurant which I love to watch and hear....Most of my family would also say Boma is the best buffet with the Clam Bake Buffet at Cape May is a close second... It's set up like a clam bake with steamed clams with steamed corn on the ear and other things at a clam bake... a baked fish, the most delicious clam chowder!!! In addition to the fishes..there are meat and chicken and vegetarian foods also and a big salad section...I, myself would prefer one of these to Crystal Palace...

Kona is very good and I have had several meals there and all good...

I agree with the above poster as far as the counter service....Flame Tree BBQ is great and Columbia Harbor House is also a "must do" for us.....Also, Main Street Bakery is wonderful!!!! Great foods,great desserts and a MUST for us is the ice cream sandwiches...Two fresh baked cookies with ice cream between!!! YUMMY!!!

Which resort are you all staying at????

we do a trip every summer normally a long weekend and we always have after noon tea. We've been to Savannah, Charleston, Mobile..can you tell we are Southerns.

We are staying at Port Orleans, French Quarter. Please keep the suggestions coming. Thank you!!!

We are just back from a trip last week so I can tell you where we ate and what was good, maybe that will help you. We are a family of 4 (2 teens). We were not on the dining plan either.

The only slightly off meal we had all week was at ESPN.

Really liked:
Breakfast at Boma AKL (wow, good food, fun to explore the resort and see the animals)

Lunch at Yak and Yeti (everything we ordered was good)

Lunch at Les Chefs de France (the $20 3 course pre fixe lunch is a very good deal, the food was good, french bread warm and yummy, Remmy so cute and the desserts to die for!)

Dinner at Kona (a bit loud in there but we asked for a table in a quieter corner, terriyaki steak, chicken lo mein and scallops all good, desserts again to die for)

Dinner at Teppan Edo (cook at you table Japanese, expensive but fun for all ages and it was good quality)

Places that were good too but not raving over as much as above:
Lunch Prime Time 50's

Lunch Plaza (good food but windows boarded up for rehab, takes away from the charm)

Dinner Marakkesh

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter