Some FP+ Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcd2745 said:
And exactly how do you know that for certain?

Even if it was serious, that's 1 "pollyanna" versus numerous - what was the term? - "D-Day Preppers"

Do a search, there's a wee bit of a pattern. :goodvibes

Even if it was serious, that's 1 "pollyanna" versus numerous - what was the term? - "D-Day Preppers"

1. Because some of us have been following this subject closely and have therefore had quite a bit of exposure to specific people's viewpoints. That goes for a variety of viewpoints.
2. There may be more D-Day Preppers because the potential changes concern more people than they appeal to. I certainly hope to be pleasantly surprised but it would be a surprise.

Time will tell.

LOL.... I know you are, but what am I?

Sad to see what's become of a thread where I was just sharing a conversation with a CM who seemed to be knowledgable.....

Hey now! You are at Disney and I am sitting here in the Midwest with 2" of sleet, 3" of snow on top of that, while it's currently putting the cherry on top with freezing rain. The wind is blowing 30 mph with a windchill of 10.

It took me an hour and half (to drive what normally takes 15 minutes) to get home from work. I need to unwind a little. This thread provides that in some twisted way. Sorta like when you catch up to the dude in a 4 wheel that flew past you because, well, he had a 4 wheel drive, and is now in a ditch.:wave2:

You made an assertion, I offered refutation including proof, which you just provisionally accepted accepted as fact. I don't see you showing any quotes obviously displaying a myopic view which is the term I responded to and included a quote from you (since the response including the term was to your post).

Your views about this change have no more validity than mine or any others on this board. Why are you allowed to take umbrage by my referring to opposite views as "pollyanna" yet I'm supposed to let my opinions be referred to as myopic slide? Why am I supposed to accept labels like "doom and gloomer" or "D-day prepper" while you get offended by being called pollyanna?

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

doggydoc said:
You made an assertion, I offered refutation including proof, which you just provisionally accepted accepted as fact. I don't see you showing any quotes obviously displaying a myopic view which is the term I responded to and included a quote from you (since the response including the term was to your post).

Your views about this change have no more validity than mine or any others on this board. Why are you allowed to take umbrage by my referring to opposite views as "pollyanna" yet I'm supposed to let my opinions be referred to as myopic slide? Why am I supposed to accept labels like "doom and gloomer" or "D-day prepper" while you get offended by being called pollyanna?

Alternatively, you could both stop demonizing one another's positions.

Don't feel bad for them just yet. For all you and I know, they might be wrong and end up loving FP+ or we might be wrong and end up hating it. We'll all just wait and see....
~Oh no, I feel very bad for them -- there is something very wrong when someone argues their opinion as facts. I have yet to see anything credible, logical, or even sensible to suggest why I can't express enthusiasm regarding the implementation of Fastpass+. Back when most of these posters were arguing about late fastpass affecting standby, I was closely following FP+, it wass xPass back then. They're just jumping on the bandwagon, they don't know jack! There were many great CM's who used to frequent this board and still do, who were kind enough to warn us in advance, that fastpass return times would be enforced and some of these same posters were arguing back with them that it would never happen! So there you go.

I could be wrong, but I think that post was all sarcasm. At least that's the way I read it. Not always easy to tell on message boards.
~LOL. This is what happens when an argument is weak and void of any facts. Instead, arguing Fastpass+, my post is taken out of context and given a nasty name -- typical ad hom, fallacious, nasty bully behavior -- attack the poster who is perceived to be the weakest link, because it is in their nature to be hateful and spiteful, as they have nothing else to give. We have no real data, FP+ has not been released yet, but some here feel they know more than others, but they don't know *anything* -- so I just sit back and laugh at them!

LOL.... I know you are, but what am I?

Sad to see what's become of a thread where I was just sharing a conversation with a CM who seemed to be knowledgable.....
~They can't help it, it's in their nature to be nasty, I think their behavior is disgusting. I'm so glad I don't have to resort to tearing others apart in order to prove some lame point. When, I make an argument, I make sure I have facts not high strung emotions and useless opinions. And, that poster who misquoted me and those who agree with it, have proved only one thing.

~Oh no, I feel very bad for them -- there is something very wrong when someone argues their opinion as facts. I have yet to see anything credible, logical, or even sensible to suggest why I can't express enthusiasm regarding the implementation of Fastpass+. Back when most of these posters where arguing about late fastpass affecting standby, I was closely following FP+, it wass xPass back then. They're just jumping on the bandwagon, they don't know jack! There were many great CM's who used to frequent this board and still do, who were kind enough to warn us in advance, that fastpass return times would be enforced and some of these same posters were arguing back with them that it would never happen! So there you go.

~LOL. This is what happens when an argument is weak and void of any facts. Instead, arguing Fastpass+, my post is taken out of context and given a nasty name -- typical ad hom, fallacious, nasty bully behavior -- attack the poster who is perceived to be the weakest link, because it is in their nature to be hateful and spiteful, as they have nothing else to give. We have no real data, FP+ has not been released yet, but some here feel they know more than others, but they don't know *anything* -- so I just sit back and laugh at them!

~They can't help it, it's in their nature to be nasty, I think their behavior is disgusting. I'm so glad I don't have to resort to tearing others in order to prove some point. When, I make an argument, I make sure I have facts not high strung emotions and useless opinions. And, that poster who misquoted me and those who agree with it, have proved only one thing.

So am I to assume you are ~Resubscribed :rolleyes1

Alternatively, you could both stop demonizing one another's positions.

~mcd & daddio, you don't have to stoop to such a low level -- this is supposed to be about fastpass+. Seriosuly, I agree with both of your well-written & articulate posts, remain classy and avoid the ignorance!

mcd & daddio or anyone else who wishes to post, you don't have to "get out of the kitchen." I really appreciate your thoughtful insight on FP+, it is not fair for you to be threatened to "get out" of the thread, that is not how these boards work, everyone should feel welcome to post their opinion with nasty low down attacks and ridicule!!!

~Another thing, why do people feel they "know" someone over the internet. I feel very strange saying something like "oh she was serious." I mean really, some of these posters I have never seen until today. My gosh, some folks are taking this way too serious, it's bizarre!

Believe me, I wasn't offended by it - especially since it is completely inaccurate. The posts in this thread, as well as the other FP+ threads that have preceded it, are filled with a lot more "doom & gloom" prognostications than anything that even approaches a "pollyanna"-like view. There is no disputing that. We all wish we had more official information on the subject. I guess until that happens, these threads will continue to be a runaway train of speculation by posters about how negatively it will affect their individual touring preferences ("how are we going to ride Space Mountain 5x a day now?"). I understand we all think about and have concerns about how it will affect us directly to some degree, but it seems that some have trouble understanding that there's a larger picture.

So am I to assume you are ~Resubscribed :rolleyes1
~Great, you again. No, I'm not resubscribed -- I just happened to peek back in, you know -- for more of this enlightening discussion concerning the pros and cons of FP+! You didn't disappoint!

~Oh no, I feel very bad for them -- there is something very wrong when someone argues their opinion as facts. I have yet to see anything credible, logical, or even sensible to suggest why I can't express enthusiasm regarding the implementation of Fastpass+. Back when most of these posters were arguing about late fastpass affecting standby, I was closely following FP+, it wass xPass back then. They're just jumping on the bandwagon, they don't know jack! There were many great CM's who used to frequent this board and still do, who were kind enough to warn us in advance, that fastpass return times would be enforced and some of these same posters were arguing back with them that it would never happen! So there you go.

~They can't help it, it's in their nature to be nasty, I think their behavior is disgusting. I'm so glad I don't have to resort to tearing others apart in order to prove some lame point. When, I make an argument, I make sure I have facts not high strung emotions and useless opinions. And, that poster who misquoted me and those who agree with it, have proved only one thing.

Your the only one making personal attacks. Calling people vile and nasty, hateful and spiteful and their behavior disgusting. How did I misquote you, I used the quote function and included your entire post? And how is the term "pollyanna" rise anywhere close to what I've quoted above? I didn't order anyone out of the thread, I used a common colloquialism nothing more.

This is exactly what is wrong with this board. It is a DISCUSSION board people. What would there be to discuss if everyone had the same opinion? Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are personally attacking you. Everyone is entitled to feel about this change anyway they want to and if you don't like reading their opinions you shouldn't read them.

~Great, you again. No, I'm not resubscribed -- I just happened to peek back in, you know -- for more of this enlightening discussion concerning the pros and cons of FP+! You didn't disappoint!

That was just a test to see if you had actually "ignored" me like you promised in an earlier thread. Apparently *I* have been ~resubscribed~

forest_zps68b85a55.jpg

I understand we all think about and have concerns about how it will affect us directly to some degree, but it seems that some have trouble understanding that there's a larger picture.

Personally, I don't pay thousands of dollars for a vacation so everyone can have a turn. I'm sure that's not going to be a popular sentiment.

That thought never crosses my mind. If it was free, maybe. When they make the changes, I'll either adjust and figure out how to maximize my plans, or I'll do something else. If the larger picture negatively affects us, we'll stop spending the money.

Personally, I don't pay thousands of dollars for a vacation so everyone can have a turn. I'm sure that's not going to be a popular sentiment.

That thought never crosses my mind. If it was free, maybe. When they make the changes, I'll either adjust and figure out how to maximize my plans, or I'll do something else. If the larger picture negatively affects us, we'll stop spending the money.

It really is just that simple, isn't it?

Well put. No name calling or angst needed. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter