• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Some best kept secret restaurants?

Where are you staying?

Some restaurants we have enjoyed...

In the parks- Skipper’s Canteen, Tiffins, Yak and Yeti, Mama Melrose,

Resorts/DS- The Wave, Sana’a, California Grill Brunch, the Edison

One place that seems to rarely get mentioned, and doesn't get much love is Restaurant Marrakesh. We go every trip, and our party of 6 has never been disappointed! We have always had great meals and service. I will say, the service does always seem to be at a bit of a leisurely pace... but we like to relax at meals and don't mind that. We tend to eat at off times, such as 2pm... and I can normally make a same day reservation for 6. I find the food flavorful, but not spicy. For less adventurous eaters, they have very good grilled chicken and grilled tenderloin kebabs.

Love, love, LOVE Yak & Yeti....however, Can't do a WDW trip without Jiko!

Geyser point at WL, the boathouse out at the dock area, we love dinner and the view of the boats is great. Nomad lounge and Citricos

Olivia‘s, the Wave, Turf Club, and Kona are our go to’s. Have also enjoyed the GF Cafe in the past.

Les Halles for a snack or counter service breakfast or lunch. So many delicious choices! And have you been to Yak & Yeti? We love that one too!

Sadly my experience is if they take the DDP as a one credit meal I am not very impressed.

I'd suggest just doing signature and eating at TS every other night on free dining.

If you aren't doing DDP the Swan/Dolphin have great options (probably because they aren't doing DDP either)

We like Nomad Lounge.

Nomad Lounge is great and worth a visit, but it isn't on the dining plan. I do recommend Tiffins on the DDP, if you're on the regular DDP the Rivers of Light package is a great deal since you get an appetizer. It is 2 credits, though.

My "Hidden" Gems include -

Olivia's
Trattoria al Forno
Sanaa
Territory Lounge
Splitsville - yes the Bowling place!
Kimonos

A friend of mine that lives in the area says it is Wine Bar George. He say's it's a locals favorite. I rarely hear it mentioned on here so maybe that is accurate.

We really enjoyed Turf Club - both the mains and dessert was brilliant, we didn't have a starter. We decided on it as we were unexpectedly at Disney Springs and couldn't get an ADR there, but Turf Club had a lot of availability so we walked around. We had a better dinner there than at Narcoossee's.

These have all been mentioned, but they are all excellent and easy to get ADRs at:

Olivia’s at OKW
Turf Club at SSR
The Wave at Contemporary

Not so much a secret restaurant but a secret experience would be the Omakase experience at Morimoto Asia

Sanaa for late lunch. Try to get one of latest lunch time slots. You’re almost certain to get a table by the window to see the animals. Food is great too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter