Some advice please?

eeyore1998

Earning My Ears
:earsgirl: 4 weeks tomorrow !!

Wondered if someone could help me with a few questions?

Seaworld! can anyone help with recommending a good restaurant for lunch?
Are they still doing free day if used within 10 days?

Universal I am looking for a good restaurant there too for lunch?

Oh and is 'Cirque du Soleil' worth the expense?according to my book it costs $62 an adult $38 a child! thats $286 dollars :confused:

Barbara

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I can't help with the SeaWorld or Universal questions, and I haven't actually been to Cirque myself :rolleyes:, but......... everyone who has been to Cirque <b>always</b> comes back and says it's absolutely amazing, and well worth every penny of the (very expensive!) tickets.

Hi Barbara :) Cirque is wonderful and I would say it's worth it. How old is your child?

Sea World - if you want a sit-down ful service meal then the Bimini Bay Cafe is good. However, if you want a more casual lunch, try the Dockside Smokehouse ( choose this over the Smoky Creek Grill where it takes a long while to get served and doesn't have as pleasant a seating area as the Dockside.
AVOID Mama Stella's Italian Kitchen!!
For another pleasant more snacky lunch, the Deli at the Anheuser Busch Hospitality Center, has a nice area to sit outside, and you can get a beer ( in a plastic beaker!)from the Hospitality Center too.
I'm not certain if the offer is on right now hopefully someone who has got back recently can help with this - they do offer second day's free quite often. Be sure you get it before you exit the park.
Universal Studios - Lombards Landing if you want full service and a big meal, there's also a Hard Rock Cafe if you don't mind the loud music ( you'll need a hand stamp and your passes handy to re-enter the park).
The only IOA restaurants I've seen recommended are the Mythos and the Confisco Grill.
We ate a burger type meal on the first floor of the Jurassic Park Discovery Center - whilst the food was only so-so, I loved sitting out on the balcony at the backthere - you get a great view across the lagoon and it's shady.

..... whereabouts in Hertfordshire are you Barbara? ( I'm in Bishop's Stortford) :)

Hello Barbara,

Nice to see another Eeyore fan in our midst!
Cirque du Soliel is a great show thar i personaly would have to see again.
We wern't sure about it before we went the last time (we've only been back a couple of weeks) but am soooooo glad we went.

Have to say that the Hard Rock Cafe was a BIG hit with Dh and the kids wether you're at USF or IOA.

Hope this helped a little,
Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;)

Barbara, go see Cirque yer'll not be disappointed.

Re eatin, it depends what yer lookin for. We eat 'on the go' mostly so don;t have time to sit in proper (and expensive) restaurants.

At Sea World we like Dockside and Smokey Creek Grill where yer can get chicken and ribs etc. Like Shirley says the seatin at Dockside is much nicer but that mean yer can't get a seat for them that squat in them while yer in the queue!

At Universal we ate at the International Food Bazzar this year - a food court type place where you get a choice of American fare or Asian spicy stuff.

In both parks you can buy a refillable drinks cup (refills are a moderate price)- consider buyin one between you and sharin that - providin you all like the same pop - rather than addin $10 to every meal for drinks etc.

Thanks for all the advice! it was very helpful :D

Shirley, i come from Stevenage , this is our third trip to disney and we have tried quite a few of the disney restaurants so wanted to try some meals at other parks.
My kids are dd's 15 and 11 and ds 12.

One other question I had! we had lovely icecreams at a place in DTD (can't remember the name) are there any good icecream places in the disney parks?

Barbara :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter