Solo trip?

Rhianna.07

DIS Family Page
Has anyone here ever gone to the parks by themselves before? Every single Disney trip I’ve been on has been with at least one member of my family or friends but I’m ready to venture out and start going to the parks on my own when I have the chance. If anyone can post their experiences here it would be greatly appreciated. I like that I could get through rides faster and go on my own schedule without having to worry about anyone else’s but I worry that the day will be lackluster if I’m just by myself. (I live here by the way so it will only be a quick drive not a full on flight and hotel situation).

Last edited:
I've done two. There is a board dedicated to solo and adult travelers that I got a lot of good information on, and a couple trip reports to that I've read on here.
I've really enjoyed my trips and I'm planning another one soon.
There are also a bunch of solo vlogs on YouTube.

There's a whole solo sub-forum here: https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-for-adults-and-solo-travelers.54/

I think you'll find LOTS of great tips there. I've been to DLR plenty of times alone, but never to WDW. I love my solo trips, though this last time – I think my fourth solo trip – I was wishing I had someone to share it with.

There are three single rider lines you could take advantage of:
- Test Track
- Expedition Everest
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (NOTE: Many people don't find a lot of value in this single-rider line, for some reason. It regularly is LONGER than the standby line).

Good luck!

I suggest you look into the Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers section of the Disboards. Many people LOVE doing long solo trips, let alone one day for a local. After going for a day, you will wonder why you haven't done this before. It's great!

Solo trips and great and can be low cost as well. You will enjoy the lowest cost possible. No airfare and a short car ride......YeeHaw!
Be sure to get your 3 FPs at your 30 day window.

I'm sure by now you have been reading all the threads here - people writing about their experiences. Lot's of different ones, aren't there? But most really love it.
I like that I could get through rides faster and go on my own schedule without having to worry about anyone else’s but I worry that the day will be lackluster if I’m just by myself.
Only you can know if the day will be lackluster if you are by yourself and only if you give it a try. Do you do anything else solo; been to a movie, gone to a restaurant?

I'm a Disneyland passholder, and I'm a local (I live within 10 miles of the resort). I go solo about 80-90% of the time. It's awesome! You can keep your schedule a bit more fluid and don't have to deal with someone who doesn't want to do the same things that you want to. Granted, you'll need to rely more on the kindness of strangers more often for assistance with the photo ops, but I don't mind. It's kind of to the point that I would rather go solo than with someone else!

Has anyone here ever gone to the parks by themselves before? Every single Disney trip I’ve been on has been with at least one member of my family or friends but I’m ready to venture out and start going to the parks on my own when I have the chance. If anyone can post their experiences here it would be greatly appreciated. I like that I could get through rides faster and go on my own schedule without having to worry about anyone else’s but I worry that the day will be lackluster if I’m just by myself. (I live here by the way so it will only be a quick drive not a full on flight and hotel situation).
Since you live nearby, im surprised you havent gone to the park solo yet. I take a 2.5 hour flight to do disney solo (for a whole week!). Its the greatest thing ever and so relaxing. I do what i want, when i want, its great! Never been lonely or felt awkward. But thats just me. Im very comfortable doing everything alone, especially dining. Some people feel incredibly awkward. It just depends on YOU.

You should try it at least once. Its wonderful. :)

Do it. Absolutely, 100% do it. I love my solo trips! Search these boards, there is so much information to guide you! And really, it's not weird at all. I would almost rather go solo now.

Do it. Absolutely, 100% do it. I love my solo trips! Search these boards, there is so much information to guide you! And really, it's not weird at all. I would almost rather go solo now.
:lmao: Me too! I'd much rather go alone. I get so much done. And i don't argue with anyone but myself. :teeth:
Once my significant other mentioned that he might want to go with me. Part of me thinks it'll be fun. But the other part of me sulked big time because it means i'd have to slow down my pace A LOT. And i'd have to cater to his picky taste buds and so on. Its just so much better/easier to go alone. :)

:lmao: Me too! I'd much rather go alone. I get so much done. And i don't argue with anyone but myself. :teeth:
Once my significant other mentioned that he might want to go with me. Part of me thinks it'll be fun. But the other part of me sulked big time because it means i'd have to slow down my pace A LOT. And i'd have to cater to his picky taste buds and so on. Its just so much better/easier to go alone. :)

I know, right? Though I do have fun when my boyfriend comes with me, there's a part of me that finds myself itching to go back solo because I have to slow my pace significantly because he has a bum knee, and if I get just a couple of steps ahead of him, he whines that I'm trying to abandon him. There are rides that he won't go on that, because of long standby times, I feel compelled to wait for a solo trip. And don't get me started on his insecurity about me meeting my favorite characters, particularly one Captain Jack Sparrow...

I know, right? Though I do have fun when my boyfriend comes with me, there's a part of me that finds myself itching to go back solo because I have to slow my pace significantly because he has a bum knee, and if I get just a couple of steps ahead of him, he whines that I'm trying to abandon him. There are rides that he won't go on that, because of long standby times, I feel compelled to wait for a solo trip. And don't get me started on his insecurity about me meeting my favorite characters, particularly one Captain Jack Sparrow...
See, all the more reason to do a solo trip. You can catch up on what you missed with your BF. :)

6 solo trips and I've had a blast every time - but I enjoy doing things alone, which I think is the key. I also text and send photos to my sister during my solo trips, which is fun.

On a solo trip: I can ride Star Tours, get off, run around and get right back in line. I can choose to stand in a projected 75 minute standby line for FEA because it's my last park day, the ride was down on my first two FP attempts earlier in the week and I'm afraid it will break down again before my FP for that day opens. I can be at MK, decide I'm really craving Yorkshire County Fish & Chips for lunch and hop a Monorail to Epcot and back just for that. (All of which I've done.)

If I lived a quick drive away, I wouldn't hesitate to spend a solo day.

OMG I just took my 1st solo trip in Nov and it was awesome! I made ADR at the places where I wanted to eat and did only what I wanted to do - it was so refreshing! I also found it to be really easy to get FPs during the days once my 1st 3 were used because I was only getting them for 1. I tried different CS places that my kids won't do because of our different preferences. I stayed at 3 different resorts (CSR for the work conference that had me in Orlando, SSR, and Poly) and that was fun too (except for when trying to find my room at SSR in a downpour and getting totally lost!).
I brought my Kindle with me everywhere - mostly to read while I ate which is my norm when I am traveling because I often eat alone, but also when I waited in long lines - I chose to wait for the Alien Saucers thing and also for FOP during AK early hours (had FP to ride it a 2nd time later in the day). I would love to do it again but next trip is DH and me. (My kids are so jealous of both my solo trip and that mom and dad are going to WDW without them)
I highly recommend solo WDW!

Simple, enjoy doing what you want, when you want and how you want. There are plenty of us solo guests and our numbers are increasing. Get all your FP+ for the morning, done right you can have all done by 11am or thereabouts and then you can get extras, as you are alone you will find there will be more available than there would be for larger groups. As soon as I scan my band and am in line I get out MDE and book the next soonest FP at the nearest ride before I even get on the ride I'm in line for. As you are solo you have way more flexibility, so enjoy it!

I just finished the last half of a trip solo and I'm doing short one this week! I thought I was going to be lonely for someone to talk to but I was totally fine :) I agree with everything that's been said in the previous posts. Go at your own pace, see what you want, eat where you want. I even booked a spa evening. It was great!! Grabbed a sandwich on the way out of The Dolphin to eat in my room, had a glass of wine back in my room and watched a movie after a busy few days at the park. You won't regret it :goodvibes Enjoy!!

I usually tack on 2 to 4 solo days to a big family/friends trip. I like both parts of my vacation. I’ve never done a completely solo vacation. It helps make me enjoy my solo time when I know I’ll be joined by folks in a few days.

From the 80's when I was in college until about 1998, I made multiple trips per year as a solo adult. And between 1998 until recently I made a solo trip every other year or so.

The pluses, I could make ADR for restaurants without concern of a traveling companion likes or dislikes.

I could choose what rides what I wanted to ride when I wanted.

I could make a "game day decision" on what to do when. Sometimes my initial game plan would be do park A, but when I woke in the morning, I wanted to do park B.

If I wanted to sit down and take a break, I could, without feeling like I was cheating a traveling companion from experiencing Disney World (I have been going to WDW since it opened).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!