**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

Welovethe Mouse said:
She divorced and wants to visit alone but I know she's nervous and to be honest I am too. She's in her mid 60's and I worry a lot. Any suggestions???????
As long as she is healthy and has the desire to go solo, I'd say no worries. :earsgirl:

I'm sure there are plenty of us locals who would be happy to meet up with her for some meals or "doing the parks" if she decided she wanted company. :cool1:

Welovethe Mouse said:
My mom and I used to go to WDW at least once a year when I was a child, teen, and even young adult. She divorced and wants to visit alone but I know she's nervous and to be honest I am too. She's in her mid 60's and I worry a lot. Any suggestions???????
I would also suggest going for it as long as there is no other reason not to. Just figure out what the worries are; I think Disney is safe and since she's been there before, she knows the area. Why not go with your mom?

:earboy2: Hello Hello!

My name is Jeroen, im 29 years old and living in the Netherlands. That's in Europe if anyone is wondering...

I am visiting WDW Orlando in the last week of september, and will be self entertaining for most of the time, so i was wondering if someone who was familiar with the parcs was going to be there to for that period and would like to show me around or share my experience of my first Orlando visit.

I have been to Anaheim twice and about 20 times to Disneyland Resort Paris. It has always been a great wish for me to visit Orlando and i want to enjoy it to the max, but mainly i will have to visit it on my own. So please contact me on : jeroenmartijn@home.nl , if you are interested in Showming me around or join the experience!

Thanks in advance!!

Greets,

Jeroen
The Netherlands

I'll be 'kinda' alone at times on my 1st ever Disney Cruise! I leave feb 16, 2006, and although I'm bringing my kids...I have a feeling they'll be in the clubs to leave me to fend for myself at times...
sooo, just wanted to wave hi to anyone who might be in the same 'boat' so to speak :)

Hi,

I'll be visiting WDW alone for the fourth time in five years on November 30, staying in Wilderness Lodge and leaving December 8. Because of mobility issues (I cannot drive and do not have a driver's license) caused by poor eyesight and cerebral palsy, I have to plan my vacations around how easily (and cheaply) I can get around without a car. For me, a person used to public transportation, WDW and the free Disney Transit is ideal.

Jim

Hi All,

Planning My First solo trip to Florida for Nov. 29 til Dec. 8th planning on staying at the Frech Quater after the 3rd.

Looking forward to meeting some other DISers on my trip. If there are any NE people down there would love to meet some for the PATS game. :moped:

I'm headed down for my first solo trip Jan 28 - Feb 3 (CR & BWV) and would love to meet up with other DISers or DVCers for a monorail Drink-a-Thon or whatever!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

To: Disneygrl1960.... Thanks for the encouragement. I am brand new to the site and have NEVER thought to visit WDW alone! Not sure if I'm 100% confortable, but you give a lot of food for thought.

::MinnieMo You're welcome. I was so leary of doing the "alone" trip. The very first trip I was a little uncertain. I learned so much about myself. It's good to spend time with yourself. So many people neglect to do that &/or lack the time to be able to. Another reason a solo trip is invaluable; I think it's something special you can do for yourself. Afterall, you deserve it.

Since then I've been on trips to several cities. My most recent favorites were Washington DC (twice) and New Orleans prior to the tragic hurricane. I have just had a really great time. It is great being able to set my own agenda & really rewarding to achieve visiting so many sites. I have met wonderful people. Particularly in Washington DC at the holocaust museum, men who served in WW II & at the World War II museum in New Orleans. I doubt that I would have sat down (as I did for hours) and talked to these men had I been traveling with a companion. I'm not knocking travel companions, dont get me wrong. I love traveling with my friends. However traveling alone just brings new & different opportunities.

So good luck in your endeavors & I hope you'll write me soon & tell me that you had an outstanding trip, SOLO.

Yours, Karen aka disneygurl :earsgirl:

I am doing a last-minute solo trip. I will be at Disneyworld Sept 27 - October 1st. If anyone wants to meet up, please PM me! I will try to check my Disboards messages while I am at Disneyworld.

Anyone interested in meeting up for a meal or two (or just giving me some good pointers for my first Solo) send me a PM!

I will be travelling to WDW Oct 26-Nov 2 and again Dec 7-13. If anyone is interested in getting together, PM me and we can work something out.

I have travelled to WDW many times solo and also just returned from Disneyland.

I am travelling (mostly) solo...with my stepmom. I will most certainly want to meet up with fellow DISers, though. Being alone with my stepmom (very nice, but odd) will grate on my nerves sometimes. We are going our separate ways quite a bit, actually. I will be at AKL 12/21-12/24 (flying home early in the a.m.). If anyone is going to be there around then, and likes hanging out around the WS especially, PM me! I am an EPCOT WS junkie!

Beth

I'm very new here, but I'll be traveling solo from 5 Jan-11 Jan 2006...anyone else going around that time?

I am. I will be going solo January 1-5 at AS Sports. Can't wait!

I'm heading to WDW the first week of Feb 06 for my first DVC experience. I've been to WDW about...hmmm...400 times....

im heading down to wdw on june 5-9 for my first solo trip!!! im so excited i cant wait! everything seems to be comming to order, plane is booked and the room at pop century is also booked! if anyone else is going down the same time let me know!!!! :) :sunny:

Wow, I can not tell you how happy I am to see that I am not alone. I love WDW and was there Jan 05 with my husband, our first time there without any kids. We had a great time but he died unexpectantly in May. I was thinking of going to WDW alone but honestly I don't think I ever noticed any visitor there alone, i.e. in the restaurants.

So there are others like me?? Nice. For my first trip alone, I will come back here to this forum.
Thank you!! :earsgirl:

feelingroovy said:
Wow, I can not tell you how happy I am to see that I am not alone. I love WDW and was there Jan 05 with my husband, our first time there without any kids. We had a great time but he died unexpectantly in May. I was thinking of going to WDW alone but honestly I don't think I ever noticed any visitor there alone, i.e. in the restaurants.

So there are others like me?? Nice. For my first trip alone, I will come back here to this forum.
Thank you!! :earsgirl:
I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. But oh yes, my dear friend, go to WDW. I go solo and LOVE it! My next solo trip is scheduled for May (or earlier now that I have just bought an AP before the prices went up).

Go, have fun! And hey, you will see on the Dis Board that many people go when you go so you can hook up with them for dinner sometime! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter