• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

software or website for overhead view of neighborhood

dfchelbay

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but since I may have to buy computer software, I'll try here first. Here is what I'm trying to do. I need to print out a photo, doesn't have to all be on one page of a neighborhood. Needs to show overhead shot of all the houses in the neighborhood. Then, I will write date sold and price for each house in the neighborhood, for a specific time period. I need to show a date range from 2001 - 2008. I have all the facts and figures (prices and dates sold) from the tax assessors office, now I just need an overhead photo of the neighborhood. Is this something that I can print out from google earth or zillow? Anyone know where else I could print this out online. If not, what computer software is available for this type thing. I'm trying to avoid having to draw the whole thing out by hand. There's only about 100 homes in the entire neighborhood, so I was hoping to print several pages to encompass an overhead view of the entire neighborhood, then I will write the pertinent data on the photo printout.

Thanks for any guidance.

Have you looked online through your tax assessment office? Our county has pictures of the plots online, but probably not the whole subdivision on one page.

Google maps could work ... just switch to satellite view and you will see all of th houses. Not sure how it will print out.

Google Earth has a print feature that should work for you. It is a free program. If that doesn't give you what you want, but you find something somewhere else, there is another option. In your program menu, under "accessories" there is something called snipping tool. This lets you take a screen shot of what is displayed at that moment. You can then print that out. I didn't even know that tool existed until I started taking a computer class this winter. Good luck.

Pretty sure zillow.com does this, and has the figures of homes sold in there. Maybe not in the date range you want, but zillow does give you a good overhead neighborhood view.

You can try the maps from bing.com too. They have different angles available, which is pretty neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter