SOCAL/CHILD PROMO TICKET DEAL 2020

Question, my daughter goes to school in Redlands (So Cal). Her drivers license has our Sacramento area address but she has a University of Redlands school ID. Is that school ID sufficient to get a So Cal discount for something like this?

Question, my daughter goes to school in Redlands (So Cal). Her drivers license has our Sacramento area address but she has a University of Redlands school ID. Is that school ID sufficient to get a So Cal discount for something like this?
Officially, no. That’s not to say it hasn’t worked for people, but officially no.

She certainly can’t get you the discount. They check when entering the park now.

Does she have a lease in her name or is she in a dorm or some other situation?

Officially, no. That’s not to say it hasn’t worked for people, but officially no.

She certainly can’t get you the discount. They check when entering the park now.

Does she have a lease in her name or is she in a dorm or some other situation?

She's in a dorm, but doesn't have anything official with that address on it. She was planning to visit DL with a friend, and it would make more sense for her to buy the 3 day ticket versus a single day if that was even an option for her. I'll pass the info on to her and let her decide what she wants to do.
Thanks!

Just to confirm with the adult 3 day ticket, the 3 days do not have to be within 14 days after first use, right? For example, I could go once in February, once in April and once in May or two consecutive days one month and the third visit a different month. Thank you! :)

January 7-May 21 with no blockout days! 3-day tickets for $199 for single park or $254 for a hopper. That’s $67 per day for the single-park!

They’re offering the same deal for kids, no SoCal residency needed.

Have they ever done this deal with no blackouts? They must really want some serious crowds this year... they announced some hotel deals, too...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...er-day-tickets/?CMP=SOC-DPFY20Q2wo0102200012A

Yes. In the past the SoCal ticket was always blocked out during spring break.

Just to confirm with the adult 3 day ticket, the 3 days do not have to be within 14 days after first use, right? For example, I could go once in February, once in April and once in May or two consecutive days one month and the third visit a different month. Thank you! :)

Yes, the 14 day rule dose not apply to the SoCal Ticket. You just have to use all three of your visits on or before May 21st

Thank you for posting this! This is going to save some friends of mine a fair amount of $$.

Heads Up: According to MP, some TAs, e.g. GAT, are including MM with these tickets, so check to make sure you are getting your MM wherever you buy your promo tickets. (The MM perk doesn't apply to tickets purchased at the ticket booths.)

Last edited:

Would it be cheaper to do the 3 day for kids and add one day? Or just do the four day pass?

Wow, this is super exciting! Our APs just expired on Dec 30th and we did not renew (we take at least a year off between APs). But we REALLY want to go on Rise of the Resistance and were honestly thinking about buying a one day ticket just to do that. Now we can get a 3-day with a Magic Morning with no black out days and we have till May 21st to use it? Sign me up!!!

I think we'll go to Dapper Day as one of the other two uses...

So it's the same fine print as the regular tickets? MM included as long as you buy in advance and not at the booths? Post above has been edited.
Didn't know about the buying in advance part. I just knew that the socal ones for sure included magic morning.

We are going in a couple weeks, my daughter lives in SoCal and she will be going with us on our first day. We are going for 3 days total. If we are able to purchase SoCal park hoppers, what other proof will they ask for (besides drivers license/ID) and will they ask for it EVERY day or just the initial entry?

TIA

Every adult will need to show proof that they live in SoCal. They take your picture on the first day and you don't have to show it again.

It's for both 1-park per day and hoppers.

Specially Priced SoCal Resident Tickets at a Glance:
  • 3-Day, 1 Park Per Day Ticket: $199
  • 3-Day, 1 Park Per Day Ticket with Disney MaxPass: $244
  • 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket: $254
  • 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket with Disney MaxPass: $299

Ah...okay. All the advertisements I've been seeing have just mentioned the one park or day $199 ticket. I was unaware there were other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter