So what's new wit chu?

It's free and it's happening now, so I can't gripe too much. But, I swear, one more mess up and they are out.

It's was all fixed. It was completely free. I have the alarm armed now, so far, so good. :thumbsup2

Good!!! Let's hope that's the end of that nonsense! Trip the alarm though, just to see if it works, and if they respond as quickly as they should.

We do that to our system periodically. Once (and only once in five years) they never responded! :eek:

I think it's kind of weird and "un-stereotypical" that the neighborhood my friend lives in tends to have more house break-ins during the middle of the day, according to the police. (He lives between two very different neighborhoods--The one where he lives is really nice with some well-kept pricey historic homes, and the one about a block away is a bit on the bad side.) His house has been broken into twice in the past year, and both times it was in the early afternoon. The second time there were actually witnesses who said the guy went in the front door despite the alarm going off, was in the house for a good 6-7 minutes, and left with 4 or 5 plates. That's right....dinnerware. :rolleyes:

My friend tends to be out of town a lot and used to give several people, myself included, the key to his house because we used to work together and I often needed photo equipment from his house. The witnesses knew this, which is why they didn't call the police until after the guy bolted from the house. By that time, it was too late.

Apparently some people who break into houses actually take time to study a specific house in order to know when the owners are guaranteed to be gone, etc. Unfortunately, as was the case with my friend, some burglars aren't even afraid of the alarms because they know they have about 60 seconds before the alarm contacts the police. (i.e. The time you're alloted to get to the panel to punch in your code.)

Scary. :sad2:

Have a magical day! :lmao:

some burglars aren't even afraid of the alarms because they know they have about 60 seconds before the alarm contacts the police. (i.e. The time you're alloted to get to the panel to punch in your code.)

They are mega screwed here. We have no delay. All sensors when tripped activate the alarm immediately. ADT has orders from us to contact the cops immediately, due to past events. Not to mention that our alarm sounds out into the neighborhood and we have older neighbors that are retired and a wee bit nosey. It's not good to mess with our house.

They are mega screwed here. We have no delay. All sensors when tripped activate the alarm immediately. ADT has orders from us to contact the cops immediately, due to past events. Not to mention that our alarm sounds out into the neighborhood and we have older neighbors that are retired and a wee bit nosey. It's not good to mess with our house.

That's a very good thing. Most ADT alarms that I've come across (at least the ones around here anyway) are programmed to give you exactly 60 seconds once a door/window is opened so that if the home owner has come home, or has accidentally opened their window after forgetting to disarm the alarm, they have 60 seconds to punch in their 4-digit code. During that time a loud beep goes off to warn you that you've got 60 seconds, but the alarm doesn't.

If I may ask, do you use a the key pad to deactivate your alarm once you come home? Otherwise, wouldn't the cops be called as soon as you open the door? :confused3

We have key chain fobs that have buttons to arm, disarm, and set it off in panic mode. One of the arm methods is called Stay which is like you are in the house, for the night. If anything opens in Stay mode, the alarm trips, cops are notified and so on. I always arm the alarm in Stay mode. :thumbsup2

We have key chain fobs that have buttons to arm, disarm, and set it off in panic mode. One of the arm methods is called Stay which is like you are in the house, for the night. If anything opens in Stay mode, the alarm trips, cops are notified and so on. I always arm the alarm in Stay mode. :thumbsup2

I didn't even know they made those. Okay.....that makes sense. :lmao:

Hey Guys Its a sad Day for me.:sad1:
The company I work for gave us bad news yesterday.
As of 5:00 today We will close our doors for good.
I can't talk about to much or i will get all weepy.
SO BE FUNNY!
The down side to this is, now I don't get payed to dis all day:lmao:

Are you serious? :eek:

It's gonna take me a while to get funny over that!

Sorry Jamie! Any prospects on a new job?

Are you serious? :eek:

It's gonna take me a while to get funny over that!

Sorry Jamie! Any prospects on a new job?

The last year has been slow here.
She cut our pay 11% back at the end of summer.
Three weeks ago she cut our hours to 35 a week.
We all knew something was going to happen but we were thinking layoffs.
This place has been around for over 35 years.
Its hard to see it go.:sad1:

Geesh! That sucks!

Well good luck! I'll be thinking of ya!

Now it's time for for the fitting for you new costume! :thumbsup2

vest.jpg

Jamie,

I don't know what to say.

I'm so sorry! It really sucks.

I'll think happy thoughts for you!:thumbsup2

OK so obviously Rob doesn't like the idea of Jamie working for the evil Blue empire, so lets help Jamie find a better job...

Like this! :thumbsup2

DisMagMnStr106.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter