So was anyone able to go to the Shareholder's Meeting?

hopemax

Note to Self:
I know it's Denver and they got snowed in, but I didn't know if anyone in our midst lived in Denver and was able to make it, or knows someone that did.

I went to the one in Seattle in 1999. It was very interesting to see the management team in person, and it's a different perspective of the company. If the meeting ever makes it to your neck of the deep woods, I highly recommend going.

You can listen to the annual shareholders meeting @ www.disneyinvestors.com Just click on the "conferences and presentations" icon. Only 100 shareholders made it to the meeting because of the weather. Also only two board members, in addition to Eisner, made it to the meeting. All of the shareholder proposals were defeated by an overwhelming majority. Also all of the proposed board members were confirmed.

Protesters target Disney shareholder meeting

Shareholders attending the Walt Disney Co. annual stockholder's meeting at the Colorado Convention Center Wednesday morning will be greeted by protesters.

The protesters, who will be led by "No More Sweatshops Campaign" director Charles Kernagham, are upset about Disney's handling of a situation involving a Bangladesh factory that made "Winnie the Pooh" and "Tigger"-related paraphernalia.

According to "No More Sweatshops" Denver spokesman Dave Minshall, Disney stopped using the factory, which was allegedly supplying "bad jobs and low income."

About "two or three dozen" protesters will be at the meeting and they will ask Disney officials to return to using the factory and pay workers more money.

Kernagham takes credit for exposing the "sweatshop practices of Kathy Lee Gifford."

The text link is not a true transcript of the meeting, although it does have a few interesting comments. Something about Disneyland's recent performance being helped by increased strength from DCA next door.

I have friends that live in the Denver area and they said it was absolutely crazy to go anywhere during their recent blizzard. I find it hard to believe that Disney didn't reschedule, rather than put people at risk to attend.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter