So. Many. People.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know, OP. Thanks for sharing.

I always assumed the week before Thanks wouldn't be so bad.

I don't know why I assumed that. We will be down starting Thanksgiving night. I've been mentally preparing myself.....
The week before Thanksgiving used to be one of the lowest crowd weeks of the year. We've done it 4 years in a row and have noticed it seemingly getting busier each year. The first year we did it was amazing so we continued to book it. We are going to try early May next year instead.

The week before Thanksgiving used to be one of the lowest crowd weeks of the year. We've done it 4 years in a row and have noticed it seemingly getting busier each year. The first year we did it was amazing so we continued to book it. We are going to try early May next year instead.
I think it's the weekend crowds that are pumping up the averages.

Wow! We went the week before Thanksgiving week in 2013 and it was by far the lowest crowds I had ever seen, and that includes September. I am sorry it was so crowded. It is especially hard when you expect lower crowds and it turns out to be way more crowded than you expected it to be.

Last week honestly was not that bad. I have certainly seen it worse. Monday (11/13) was horrible - but we realized later that it was fallout from a long veterans day weekend. Tuesday - Friday the crowds were actually very reasonable as far as we could tell.

Saturday at the Magic Kingdom (11/18). It was shoulder to shoulder everywhere. This was due to several things:
  • Mickey's Birthday
  • Dapper Day (many locals were there and it was great to see everyone in their outfits!)
  • It was the first showing of Ever After fireworks in 3 nights (Christmas party was on both Thursday and Friday)
  • Start of the Holiday week

Always fun when so many things collide!!!

The week before Thanksgiving used to be one of the lowest crowd weeks of the year. We've done it 4 years in a row and have noticed it seemingly getting busier each year.

Y’all shouldn’t have talked about how nice it was at that time then. :)

Y’all shouldn’t have talked about how nice it was at that time then. :)
Exactly. That's a big part of the reason why fall is so crazy now. The Internet spread the word (via travel advice articles, crowd calendars & boards like Dis) that fall was the best time to visit. As a result, it now is definitely not the best time to visit, in terms of crowds.

In that spirit, I guess I should stop reporting how reasonable the WDW crowds and prices have been in July for the past few years, so that doesn't get ruined, too. I can't really help myself, though. I feel honor-bound to share useful info with fellow travelers.

Last edited:
I was there last week 11/10-11/19. MVMCP drives MK attendance on the non party days through the roof. Best week days for MK this time of year are party days when people avoid going to MK. We have visited WDW during second week of November before but it's never been this busy.

We avoided MK on non party days. Epcot had light crowds those days. DAK and DHS were busy everyday peaking on the weekends.

Last edited:
It's always interesting to me when you get totally different opinions of the same parks, at the same time. I have an ideo on why the discrepancy but I'll just keep it to myself and just think about getting excited for my trip in 3.5 days!

In that spirit, I guess I should stop reporting how reasonable the WDW crowds and prices have been in July for the past few years, so that doesn't get ruined, too. I can't really help myself, though. I feel honor-bound to share useful info with fellow travelers.

I don’t know... I’d be OK with starting a fake July-bashing discourse if you want to join me. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

It's always interesting to me when you get totally different opinions of the same parks, at the same time. I have an ideo on why the discrepancy but I'll just keep it to myself and just think about getting excited for my trip in 3.5 days!

Everybody was talking about how horrible October is now. And there were definitely crowds this year- especially around Columbus day from what I read, but we were there the last week of October and first week of November and while it was more crowded than it used to be, it was certainly manageable! Nowhere near the apocalypse I was fearing.

And what's crowded to some is perfectly fine to others.
Sometimes you'll notice people that keep repeating how horrible the fall is now, but they've actually not even been in the fall in recent years!
You'll hear more about how bad things are than how good things are.

Don't fret. :)

As always, if you fear crowds - don't go near a Holiday weekend.

I didn't add when we got here. My apologies. LAST TUESDAY. It's been nuts the ENTIRE time. I expected this week to be busier. Not last week. And for all your "welcome to a holiday week" comments shove off. I posted this for people who might be considering coming here that are local.

It has been predicted for a long time

Everybody was talking about how horrible October is now. And there were definitely crowds this year- especially around Columbus day from what I read, but we were there the last week of October and first week of November and while it was more crowded than it used to be, it was certainly manageable! Nowhere near the apocalypse I was fearing.

And what's crowded to some is perfectly fine to others.
Sometimes you'll notice people that keep repeating how horrible the fall is now, but they've actually not even been in the fall in recent years!
You'll hear more about how bad things are than how good things are.

Don't fret. :)

As always, if you fear crowds - don't go near a Holiday weekend.
Yep, Halloween and first several days of November weren't bad. The second week of November, when the Veterans Day / Jersey Week crowds showed up, is when it got hairy.

I've come down over the same week (beginning Veterans Day weekend) 4 times now and as usual I found the first Sat/Sun weekend busy because of the holiday plus last stab at Food and Wine. Then the week usually thins out to manageable levels, especially Epcot, which it did this year but I did notice a huge difference in this Saturday. We left on Sunday, and granted I usually leave on the Sat so don't have as much experience with the crowds on that second Saturday, but crowd levels in MK I thought were nuts! I assume that some people go then hedging their bets that it won't be as busy as the following weekend. Felt bad for anyone that did plan and use their fastpasses accordingly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!