So. Many. People.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there Nov. 8 - 13 (Jersey week) and I really didn't think the crowds were out of line with what I've seen this time of year and I thought was very manageable with a few exceptions. Magic Kingdom on evenings where there is no party is horrible! Epcot on weekend evenings was bad! Pandora without FP will be painful! But other than that, avoiding EMH parks, I thought the crowds were very manageable. There is no quiet time anymore so if you're comparing this to a long time ago it's going to feel a lot more crowded but this was basically what I was used to for the October-November time frame the last number of years.

DH and I are Florida residents heading down next weekend for some holiday cheer at DHS and Epcot and expect crowds. We are passholders and only live 2 hours away so that takes the pressure off. I can say though that we will avoid MK like the plague! Can't recall a single visit to MK in the past several years when it wasn't crowded, more so than we care to deal with. Seems it doesn't matter what time of year anymore, MK is always packed. My DH calls it stroller hell!

I just got back from a trip where I was at the parks 11/12-11/18. Overall I felt the crowds were manageable. Busier than I would like, but I was still able to do everything I wanted to do. The only day I felt was absolutely packed and crazy was Saturday at the Magic Kingdom (11/18). It was shoulder to shoulder everywhere. This was due to several things:
  • Mickey's Birthday
  • Dapper Day (many locals were there and it was great to see everyone in their outfits!)
  • It was the first showing of Ever After fireworks in 3 nights (Christmas party was on both Thursday and Friday)
  • Start of the Holiday week
I knew it was going to be crazy going in, but didn't realize it would be so packed. Thankfully the day before we got some extra fastpasses we could use on any attraction in WDW except for Flight of Passage, due to having to wait four hours in line for FOP (wait was supposed to be 1 hour, but then it broke, and broke some more). Those extra fast passes made it so I could do both Splash Mountain and Seven Dwarfs. We managed our expectations and still had an awesome last day of our vacation.

Still looks like the crowds will be insane for the rest of the week though.

DH and I are Florida residents heading down next weekend for some holiday cheer at DHS and Epcot and expect crowds. We are passholders and only live 2 hours away so that takes the pressure off. I can say though that we will avoid MK like the plague! Can't recall a single visit to MK in the past several years when it wasn't crowded, more so than we care to deal with. Seems it doesn't matter what time of year anymore, MK is always packed. My DH calls it stroller hell!

I agree. Even when the lines are short (relatively), the walkways usually still feel packed.

I didn't add when we got here. My apologies. LAST TUESDAY. It's been nuts the ENTIRE time. I expected this week to be busier. Not last week. And for all your "welcome to a holiday week" comments shove off. I posted this for people who might be considering coming here that are local.
I was afraid that's what you meant. I'm so sorry. The week before Thanksgiving week used to be a reliably good time to go. :(

Its always busy now. Disney does not want any slow times any more.

I have said it before and I will say it again: I think the hurricane this past Sept has increased the crowds this fall. So many people canceled and re-booked for Oct, Nov, Dec time frame. I think it is bumping crowds up a bit.

... Thankfully the day before we got some extra fastpasses we could use on any attraction in WDW except for Flight of Passage, due to having to wait four hours in line for FOP (wait was supposed to be 1 hour, but then it broke, and broke some more)...

Funny you should mention that. We were the next party waiting to be allowed into the "link" rooms when one of the FOP theaters died Friday morning. And then on Saturday, the Splash Mountain FP+ return line got roped off right in front of us when it broke down around noon.

I'm confused. Am I here in November or june???? This place is PACKED! This trip has been very disappointing. Even the staff seem overwhelmed and understaffed. Most of our encounters have been with cranky cast members that are as confused as I am. So sad.

We just came home on Saturday. I didn't think it was crowded, and I didn't notice that about the cast members, either. We had only awesome interactions, as usual.

It still is...but just during the weekdays. It was similar to last year.
OP arrived last Tuesday, so I was going by that.

OP, one mistake that a lot of people make this time of year is visiting the MK on non-party days. If you go back the same time of year, I would try to do the MK only on party days. You lose the ability to be in the park for fireworks, but it's a great tradeoff for lower crowds (they tend to concentrate on days people don't have to leave early).

Funny you should mention that. We were the next party waiting to be allowed into the "link" rooms when one of the FOP theaters died Friday morning. And then on Saturday, the Splash Mountain FP+ return line got roped off right in front of us when it broke down around noon.

I went on Splash Mountain after it was back up and running. I was glad to see they were able to get it going again. We saw many rides go down or have lower capacity due to technical issues throughout the week: Winnie the Pooh (had to be walked off), Tower of Terror, FOP, Splash Mountain, People Mover, and Space Mountain.

Thankfully it never fully impacted our trip and we were still able to do everything we wanted for the most part.

We went to Disney Springs this past Friday afternoon to do some Christmas shopping and I was surprised at how many people were there!

I can’t imagine how packed it will be this weekend.

Good to know, OP. Thanks for sharing.

I always assumed the week before Thanks wouldn't be so bad.

I don't know why I assumed that. We will be down starting Thanksgiving night. I've been mentally preparing myself.....

I didn't add when we got here. My apologies. LAST TUESDAY. It's been nuts the ENTIRE time. I expected this week to be busier. Not last week. And for all your "welcome to a holiday week" comments shove off. I posted this for people who might be considering coming here that are local.

Veterans Day seems to be the start of all of the holiday madness this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter