So, I have this dead armadillo....

Curse you and your dang armadillo story. Early this morning, I go out in my front yard and it looks like miniature bombadiers have dropped tiny mortars all over my front yard. If that isn't bad enough, there are two armadillae (armadillos?) still roaming around. They don't run off easily either but I managed to chase one off with a broom. The other one just sulled up rather like a possum. Later, I did what any self respecting woman would do and got out the spreader and broadcast Spectracide insect killer all over my yard.

Gumbo, I am not laughing at your expense ever again!

Its my dream to see an armadillo one day!! I've seen 2 dead ones on the drive down to disney, but never a living one. They are so stinkin cute!!! (pun intended....)
I tripped over a live armadillo in the yard one night.. I prefer dead ones.

Curse you and your dang armadillo story. Early this morning, I go out in my front yard and it looks like miniature bombadiers have dropped tiny mortars all over my front yard. If that isn't bad enough, there are two armadillae (armadillos?) still roaming around. They don't run off easily either but I managed to chase one off with a broom. The other one just sulled up rather like a possum. Later, I did what any self respecting woman would do and got out the spreader and broadcast Spectracide insect killer all over my yard.

Gumbo, I am not laughing at your expense ever again!

That must have been quite the scene LOL

Couldn't let dead armadillo watch 2015 fall to the second page.

So what's the update? Still up in the tree? Still stinks? Doggie going outside yet? ;)

No more smell, dog is distracted by a strange sound tonight - my bet is live armadillo :(

Better in your front yard than finding it under your seat, like our DIS friend, Jim.

Armadillo - "Possum on the Half-Shell".

You haven't lived until you've had a dead possum in your attic during a Florida summer. I got the job of removing it. I will remember that smell til my dying day.

This reminds me of the time that my son texted me that an opossum was dead in our garage. I asked him if he was sure it was dead, and not playing, where he replied that if it was playing "possum" it was pretty committed. It was during a heat wave in LA, and the opossum was already ... well, it was gross and smelled really bad. :eek:

My guess is an armadillo is far easier to heave-ho than is a... moose. No heave-hoing that sucker! Fortunately the town dealt with it. 59 years of living mostly in New England and I've never seen a live moose!

So, this time it's the neighbor with a dead armadillo on his property. I can only hope his attempt at the ol heave ho went according to plan. If not, well at least it's not 90 degrees out.

I recently read that they carry leprosy. Couldn't believe it!

No worries about leprosy?
:rolleyes1 Relax people - nobody needs to worry about leprosy. With today's modern medicine, it only takes $35/month to fund a complete cure (even less if you're donating in USD)!! http://www.leprosy.ca/

PS: Seriously, this is actually one of my favourite charities!! My company does a matching grant for donations and I've been a regular supporter for many years. :teeth:

Tell your neighbour to fling it into one of their trees. I hear armadillo chic is all the rage this season..

Why did you throw it into a tree to begin with?

Was just a heave ho into the general "woods". I was really counting on gravity to play a stronger role here, but apparently there's some tremendous coefficient of friction that exists between trees and random dead armadillos.

Was just a heave ho into the general "woods". I was really counting on gravity to play a stronger role here, but apparently there's some tremendous coefficient of friction that exists between trees and random dead armadillos.

Okay serious question. Why are they turning up dead in your neighbourhood? Apart from leprosy do they succumb to any diseases or is it wild dogs or wild something else?

I LOVE the headline!
I laughed out loud...did not read anything after the headline, for fear of being disappointed :earboy2:

Haha-so good

Okay serious question. Why are they turning up dead in your neighbourhood? Apart from leprosy do they succumb to any diseases or is it wild dogs or wild something else?

Most succumb to the laws of physics - 15 lb animal vs 3,000 lb car. Winner, car.

Most succumb to the laws of physics - 15 lb animal vs 3,000 lb car. Winner, car.

Of course. I forget not all country dwellers have silly long driveways to their house. Blame it on sleep deprivation and far too much coffee :hyper:

oooooo A Zombie thread.

9 out of 10 zombies say you should throw the dead ones in the middle of the road where they expect them, not up in some tree.
The other Zombie suggested we walk in the middle of the road. So we got out of there quickly and ended the survey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter