So grateful Craig & Ryno are covering D23. I'm in the NEVER AGAIN club

The cosplay pics I've seen of this have been incredible, and I LOVED the dancing princess dresses that looked like Teacups. But the lines I saw from this morning, waiting to get into the Parks Panel - while they looked civil - were INSANE!!!!
All of the crowd pics were insane.

Is there a ticket option that gives you an assigned seat? I know for the cons by daughter attends, the Gold ticket gets assigned seating but general admission doesn't. I might be willing to go to D23 in the future if I didn't have to wait in those lines and mobs.

Did you see the costume of the Haunted Mansion that actually had operating Omnimover cars going around it?

All of the crowd pics were insane.

Is there a ticket option that gives you an assigned seat? I know for the cons by daughter attends, the Gold ticket gets assigned seating but general admission doesn't. I might be willing to go to D23 in the future if I didn't have to wait in those lines and mobs.

Did you see the costume of the Haunted Mansion that actually had operating Omnimover cars going around it?

There Is the Sorcerer's Package that gives assigned spots to each panel - but they are $2,500 a ticket

There are separate queues depending on your D23 level you have. So Gold has one line and then general standby and then they do advanced registration for each panel but those go fast and there were IT issues with registering .... So the mob is just for people that didn't get a reservation slot

Yeah, that Haunted Mansion costume was sick!

How much is a night in the Star Wars hotel?

So less than a stay at the Star Wars Hotel. Sounds like a good deal to me.

You get a lot with the package in addition to this (special sessions, events, etc) so for those that can swing it I get why they do it, but yeah, not cheap (they also sell out super fast even at that price)

You get a lot with the package in addition to this (special sessions, events, etc) so for those that can swing it I get why they do it, but yeah, not cheap (they also sell out super fast even at that price)
I'm not at all surprised they sell out quickly.

How much is a night in the Star Wars hotel?
There's been no official word from Disney but something floating around Twitter said $3,300 for a solo guest. A "cabin" can sleep up to 5 which would be $7,200. That's for a 3-day, 2-night stay.

There's been no official word from Disney but something floating around Twitter said $3,300 for a solo guest. A "cabin" can sleep up to 5 which would be $7,200. That's for a 3-day, 2-night stay.
:rolleyes1

That's me doing the "WOWEEEEEEEE" whistle.

And for prices like that - they better have somebody personally assisting me in the bio refreshers, or whatever they're calling the bathrooms in Star Wars Land. ;)

It's obviously very high numbers but considering it includes all your meals and entertainment and exclusive access to Batuu, and like concierge service I was expecting higher. That pricing is comparable to concierge level on existing Disney cruises

It's obviously very high numbers but considering it includes all your meals and entertainment and exclusive access to Batuu, and like concierge service I was expecting higher. That pricing is comparable to concierge level on existing Disney cruises
I’ve said elsewhere that I actually don’t think those prices are that outrageous. Yes it’s expensive but you’re talking about a one of a kind experience. Nowhere else in the world including Disneyland can you do this.

I’ve said elsewhere that I actually don’t think those prices are that outrageous. Yes it’s expensive but you’re talking about a one of a kind experience. Nowhere else in the world including Disneyland can you do this.
Yeah this is literally living in the Star Wars universe.

Is there a ticket option that gives you an assigned seat?
The only 'assigned' seating was for those with the sorcerer's packages - front and center. Everyone else is seated in sections. A - B - C (with B in the middle). Each of those sections had 2 sections each (Dina will correct me if I am wrong - could be three sections). In the queuing area there were three sections - D23 Gold members got priority, then those with Stage Pass (reservations), and standby sections. Best viewing would be B section, and those were the first to fill up. Those with reservations could show up by 6/7am and get decent seats. On Friday, for the Legends awards, we got there at 4:15, and the gold section closed around 4:45 - we were in the C section because A & B were already filled. Luckily for us, there were about 6 of us sitting together, and then we made friends (some were podcast listeners) and became a group of 12. When they finally took us up to be seated (around 10am?) we were going to be sat in the last row but because there were 12 of us they took us to another section, and we were about 4 or 5 rows from the front - but still on the side. The screens helped. I was one of the ones that basically got nothing, even though I was in the queue 2 minutes before noon, and automatically got in the official queue. Luckily for me, some of our friends had an available "plus 1," and so I was able to go to all three big panels and the Disney+ panel (Thanks @dina444444 & @HydroGuy ). I also saw the Art of Storytelling where John Stamos and his wife interviewed Floyd Norman, Tony Baxter, Don Hahn, and Paul Briggs. It was a little more low key, but I always enjoy these panels with insights to the thought processes behind some of these beloved animated features and attractions we enjoy.

So, Friday, I was there by 4:15, Saturday by 5am, and Sunday by 6:45. Sat in the gold section on Friday, and stage pass on Sat/Sun. It was really luck of the draw whether you sat in the front or back, and we had no control, except for choosing available sections down in the waiting queue in the basement.

One of my roommates got in the overnight queue at 10pm on Friday, and the rules were changed so no pillows or sleeping bags, so a lot of people just left them there at security. She ended up with a light blanket and no pillow. She was there for pins. The next morning, her group was being led up to the store, and by the time they reached the Expo floor to go to the store for pins, they opened the hall doors to the general public who also rushed to the pins and some got in front of the people who had spent the night before. It was a real mess, but they finally got it straightened out (this happened a few times for merchandise, especially pins). She finally was able to purchase her pins by 3:30pm.

Overall, I had fun at the Expo. Not sure if I'll be getting in those 4am lines in 2 years. I'll be 61. Ha ha

The only 'assigned' seating was for those with the sorcerer's packages - front and center. Everyone else is seated in sections. A - B - C (with B in the middle). Each of those sections had 2 sections each (Dina will correct me if I am wrong - could be three sections). In the queuing area there were three sections - D23 Gold members got priority, then those with Stage Pass (reservations), and standby sections. Best viewing would be B section, and those were the first to fill up. Those with reservations could show up by 6/7am and get decent seats. On Friday, for the Legends awards, we got there at 4:15, and the gold section closed around 4:45 - we were in the C section because A & B were already filled. Luckily for us, there were about 6 of us sitting together, and then we made friends (some were podcast listeners) and became a group of 12. When they finally took us up to be seated (around 10am?) we were going to be sat in the last row but because there were 12 of us they took us to another section, and we were about 4 or 5 rows from the front - but still on the side. The screens helped. I was one of the ones that basically got nothing, even though I was in the queue 2 minutes before noon, and automatically got in the official queue. Luckily for me, some of our friends had an available "plus 1," and so I was able to go to all three big panels and the Disney+ panel (Thanks @dina444444 & @HydroGuy ). I also saw the Art of Storytelling where John Stamos and his wife interviewed Floyd Norman, Tony Baxter, Don Hahn, and Paul Briggs. It was a little more low key, but I always enjoy these panels with insights to the thought processes behind some of these beloved animated features and attractions we enjoy.

So, Friday, I was there by 4:15, Saturday by 5am, and Sunday by 6:45. Sat in the gold section on Friday, and stage pass on Sat/Sun. It was really luck of the draw whether you sat in the front or back, and we had no control, except for choosing available sections down in the waiting queue in the basement.

One of my roommates got in the overnight queue at 10pm on Friday, and the rules were changed so no pillows or sleeping bags, so a lot of people just left them there at security. She ended up with a light blanket and no pillow. She was there for pins. The next morning, her group was being led up to the store, and by the time they reached the Expo floor to go to the store for pins, they opened the hall doors to the general public who also rushed to the pins and some got in front of the people who had spent the night before. It was a real mess, but they finally got it straightened out (this happened a few times for merchandise, especially pins). She finally was able to purchase her pins by 3:30pm.

Overall, I had fun at the Expo. Not sure if I'll be getting in those 4am lines in 2 years. I'll be 61. Ha ha
I think there were 3 or 4 columns of chairs in each section. B had 4 sections of seats not sure on A and C since I only sat in a non B section for Disney + and we got loaded in so close to when that started I wasn't paying attention.

Sounds like it MAY have been exciting fun for me MANY years ago, but certainly not now. Don't know if it would ever have been that much of an appeal though, I've never been a "I love crowds" or "I have to be there myself, so I'll just deal with them" type of person. Technology these days makes it much easier for me to not have to miss out on anything by not being there than it did when I was a wee lass MAY years ago. :o

Again - VERY glad all of the good people from the DIS were there, and keeping us all so up-to-the-minute, so I really don't feel like I missed out a bit!!

The only 'assigned' seating was for those with the sorcerer's packages
I hate to say it but I think Disney is missing out on a great opportunity here. I suspect that many of the people attending would happily pay more to have an assigned seat and not have to deal with the mayhem.

I don't know how much tickets are but they could up the price for at least the upper categories, give assigned seats, and still pack the place. Have something below Sorcerer's level without all of those perks but with an assigned seat. It is insane to have to show up at 4am or even camp out overnight to get a spot.

I hate to say it but I think Disney is missing out on a great opportunity here. I suspect that many of the people attending would happily pay more to have an assigned seat and not have to deal with the mayhem.

I don't know how much tickets are but they could up the price for at least the upper categories, give assigned seats, and still pack the place. Have something below Sorcerer's level without all of those perks but with an assigned seat. It is insane to have to show up at 4am or even camp out overnight to get a spot.
I heard they sell like 40k tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!