So grateful Craig & Ryno are covering D23. I'm in the NEVER AGAIN club

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
I'm excited to see what they report back. After attending the last one (and meeting the Dis crew!), we decided it was one of the biggest nightmare crowd situations we've ever experienced. It was bananas. In the midst of that circus, we had a great time and saw awesome things, but we are one and done.

Can't wait to see what's new. Really, really glad we will get awesome reporting from two that are willing to take one for the team!

I'm excited to see what they report back. After attending the last one (and meeting the Dis crew!), we decided it was one of the biggest nightmare crowd situations we've ever experienced. It was bananas. In the midst of that circus, we had a great time and saw awesome things, but we are one and done.

Can't wait to see what's new. Really, really glad we will get awesome reporting from two that are willing to take one for the team!

I agree. I cannot attend conventions like that. They are migraine inducing. The crowds, noise, stuffiness, bright lights...just a nightmare scenario. I look forward to seeing the coverage, but even some of the videos make me anxious and I have to skip parts.

Last week, when D23 talk came up, my wife said we should go next time. I told her she doesn't really want to do that. It sounds like a good idea in theory but the reality is not something she would enjoy.

I did Star Wars Celebration for the first time this year and I feel like this is just a bit bigger than that. I loved it and definitely want to get to an Expo.

I did Star Wars Celebration for the first time this year and I feel like this is just a bit bigger than that. I loved it and definitely want to get to an Expo.
1. You're 21. We're 55.
2. You're solo. We're not.

I could probably enjoy it on my own but it would drive my wife nuts.

D23 is something we would have been up for 20 or 30 years ago. Today, not so much.

SOLUTION: Steve and his wife both attend D23, but separately.

Boom. Problem solved. You're welcome, everyone. My work here is done.
Nah. As I said, I would probably enjoy it but she definitely would not. So the only real solution is for me to go by myself.

My wife and I go every other D23. Even with a year off in between, every two years is too much for us ... and we go to a LOT of conventions supporting our daughter who is an independent artist. D23's are freaking manic ... especially the Disney Store, the D23 store and Mickey's of Glendale. We show up early one day just to shop and still nearly go broke. Otherwise, we have usually just done the Parks panel and then floated to the smaller panels to avoid the long waits in the basement. It's fun, but exhausting.

The cosplay pics I've seen of this have been incredible, and I LOVED the dancing princess dresses that looked like Teacups. But the lines I saw from this morning, waiting to get into the Parks Panel - while they looked civil - were INSANE!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter