So Excited to go to DL!

tink2008

Mouseketeer
I am getting so excited. We are taking our kids DD12, DD7 and DS5 on a suprise DL vacation for 11 days starting November 22. We will be taking my mother along with us. I plan on purchasing one Character meal at the park. My kids are really into stitch. I cant remember what character meal has them there or do they still?

Also do you think that $100.00 a day will cover eating in the park for 3 adults and 3 kids for one meal plus a snack and drinks? I have already earned $100.00 in DC on SR this month so I am hoping that I can earn another $100.00 between now and November. That will help cover two days.

Cant wait :banana:

If my memory is correct we saw Lilo & Stitch at the resturant in Paridise Pier. Have a great trip!

Yes, Lilo and Stitch breakfast is at Paradise Pier hotel.

We did it for the first time in May. I was surprised at how small the restaurant was, pleasantly I might add.

We must have been there on a slow morning......we only had 4 characters come by in the short time we were there (Lilo, Stitch, Max and Minnie in Hawaiann clothes), but they spent TONS of time with my kiddos. I have some great pictures of Lilo coloring with my DD (4).

Yes, its at the PCH Grill at the Paradise Pier Hotel that has the Lilo and Stitch breakfast. That's my favorite of the character breakfasts. We have seen Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, Minnie, Max and many have reported seeing Daisy (I haven't unfortunately). You have the option of ordering off the menu or doing the buffet. And somebody said recently that all the character meals at Disneyland give a 10% discount if you are an AAA member. I have gotten that discount at Goofy's but didn't know you could get it at the others as well. Its worth a try.

You can (and I definitely would) make a priority seating 60 days in advance by calling: 714-781-3463.

Here is a link that gives the prices of all the restaurants at Disneyland, DCA, DTD and the resort hotels: http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm#dl

I find that we can generally share meals at the counter service locations, the portions are huge! Have a great trip, what a nice surprise for your kids!

Just another vote for Lilo and Stitch. It is at PP but worth the walk. We really liked the offerings and the characters really do spend a lot of time with you. And we have pics of Minnie with all of us. She took a special liking to DH;) . Anyway, CONGRATS on your trip and happy planning!

Have a magical time! It sounds so exciting and I am excited for you.

As for $100 a day for food hmmmm well I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but honestly I think that is going to be really tough. Here is an example and this is just for one meal. If your in the park:

Say your whole party goes and gets a Hot Dog and a Bag of Chips for $6.00 then you add on a drink. Your looking at about $8.50

$8.50 X 6 people = $51.00

What I would recommend is that if your hotel has a continental breakfast, take advantage of it. There are also some really cheap places on Harbor such as Mimi's. Mimi's is cheaper then Denny's or Ihop, and their food is better. But if your looking at only $100 a day your best bet would be to stay in the park and grab a small something here or there such as a corn dog. Or even go to Red rockets their portions are pretty hefty and can be easily split.

And somebody said recently that all the character meals at Disneyland give a 10% discount if you are an AAA member. I have gotten that discount at Goofy's but didn't know you could get it at the others as well. Its worth a try.

thats very true....and you can also get the discount at Ariels Grotto and Plaza Inn Minnie and Friends breakfast, as well as storytellers character breakfast at the GC....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter