So...do requests stay with a modified reservation?

Chuck S

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
Here is the scenario. I booked a two bedroom for December at OKW. I called and requested ground floor and near a bus stop. Then I realized I should have booked a lockoff, not a dedicated, so I modified the reservation to a lockoff, same reservation number, same dates, same guests. Do you think the requests stayed with the modified reservation in the DVC computer system, or should I call and pester Member Services again?

Anyone have experience with requests and modified reservations?

I usually book 7 months out and always wait to request about 14-10 days out. I would call and confirm your request.

Based of the known history of the competency of the computer system and MS, I would never assume my requests automatically follow a room type or date change in my reservation, even if I had been previously told that it does.

Last edited:

Every time I've modified a reservation, I've called, either then or later, and the CM has told me that my requests have stayed with the reservation. So I've made them read my requests back to me. I figure it's a relatively easy phone call for them to deal with.

Every time I've modified a reservation, I've called, either then or later, and the CM has told me that my requests have stayed with the reservation. So I've made them read my requests back to me. I figure it's a relatively easy phone call for them to deal with.

I do the same...like I said on other posts...anything with Disney technology "actual results will vary"

I have been using the on line site to modify for a week or 2 and never had an issue. (Modified maybe 6/7 times to get the rooms I want when they open). I called before I modified and made requests.
I noticed twice now this week when I called back to link a room I modified the request was still there (it was wrong but was there).
Example: had BRV with lake view request. When I modified it to BWV pool/garden view it still listed BR lake view. It stayed with my new resort. I called again today and linked my last night at BWV and CM said my request was still there ( Lake view at BR) wrong.
If you have requests and change resorts you should check your requests again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter