Snake in Resort Room?

We saw a snake walking around World Showcase last year. Everyone screamed as it scurried across the walkway. We are used to snakes from living in the backwoods but they are still creepy :eek:

:scared1:Ok- this was such a great thread to read right b4 I go to bed-- I'll have some great dreams!! :surfweb:

1st I want to say that yes snakes are just lizards & I saw MANY lizards @ Disney...but some snakes are poisonious (they don't care if they are @ Disney or not) and I wouldn't know if they are or not (unless it's a rattler-PA girl in me!)

2nd- if it was in my room--I, I, don't know what the hell would compansate me! I can tell you DH would freak out-we stayed in a cabin @ the beach one time- he was up ALL night killing the ants & bugs...:rotfl2: (not to mentionmy kids reaction from me screaming my head off!!)

I agree, it's Florida there are gators--I know to stay away from the "waters ways" ....just my 2 cents-off for a great night of nightmares--I mean sleep!:lmao:

I thought about seeking support from my DH about my new Disney Snake Fears...ya know, just letting him reassure me that we wont find a snake in our bed...:eek:

...but he's the kind of guy that would pack a whole suitcase full of rubber snakes without me knowing and put them everywhere....alllll week!!!!

So I guess I will deal with my new fears alone...:sad1:

Geeze i was so excited to be staying a week in the new pirate rooms at CBR but now I am seriously thinking of changing. I cannot imagine seeing a snake. I freak just seeing spiders. I make my kids take care of the creepy crawlies for me at home. They make fun of me for that...I cannot imagine how bad it would be if they saw my reation to a snake in my bed. I should have never read this thread but at the same time I am glad I did. I think we have had our door propped open at POFQ before and never really thought about where we walked...but now I sure will. Also not wanting ground floor anymore!!! maybe i will just sleep in our car while I am there :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I thought about seeking support from my DH about my new Disney Snake Fears...ya know, just letting him reassure me that we wont find a snake in our bed...:eek:

...but he's the kind of guy that would pack a whole suitcase full of rubber snakes without me knowing and put them everywhere....alllll week!!!!

So I guess I will deal with my new fears alone...:sad1:

My lovely DH is just like yours! Part of the reason I decided not to stay @ POR was b/c of al lthe lush landscaping and the thought (and posts I've read) of snakes there (although I've read of some @ BC too :scared1:).

Just the other day, after a strong line of storms went thru us, DH found a 10-12" grass snake in the back yard. He wanted the kids to come and see it, I said no, and told him to throw it over our fence. I could tell by the look on his face he wanted to get it and throw it at me. So when he went outside, I closed the door and locked him out! :rotfl: Well then, he picked it up and was bringing it to the window, and the kids were screaming, etc :rotfl2: Finally, he threw it over the fence! Geesh, if he knew I was on here reading and writing about this, he would definitely bring some fake ones with him on the trip.

It might seem strange but I wouldn't be able to go back into the room. I have an anxiety disorder and snakes are a huge fear of mine so I would definitely have a major panic attack if one was in my room or my bed. and even once I'd taken my medicine and calmed down the irrationalness to me I'd have to change rooms. I know people probably think that is ridiculous but if I didn't I'd have random anxiety attacks in the room even if I wasn't thinking about it. My subconscienouce does that to me! :(

I never just whip off all the blankets, I just pull down the top and climb all the way in. What if you didn't check and it was curled up in the bottom of the bed?! Or what if it came in while you were asleep and you woke up with it in the bed next to you?!
Oh god, I'm going to be obsessed with checking everything for snakes now.

This is a bit different in nature...but...I used to work at a big box retail store in management that was next to a pet store. Well, the pet store lost :confused3 some baby snakes....huuummmmmm. A couple of days later a very calm customer calls managment over to the handbags. Not me. She opened the handbag right off of the shelf and there one was curled up soooo sweet and innocent inside. The other manager about fainted...of all the things you have to deal with in retail management (some really CRAZY stuff)that was a new one for us. I HAVE not ENJOYED THE HANDBAG SECTION SINCE (it has saved me a bundle:rotfl:)...so ladies check your bags...ok that was mean...I should be ashamed...:lmao:

I think she got a few stuffed snakes put in her desk after that...come on I could have used rubber ones:scared1:

I hate, hate, hate snakes, so of course, I'm cursed by them. :rotfl:

We have them all the time in our house. And no we don't live near a swamp or in the south or anything like that. We live in a house halfway up a hill near the woods in Massachusetts. We find tiny ones, medium ones, and lots of skins. The last skin was about 4 ft long. We've had them in our basement shower, in the dryer and in the rafters. We've had garter snakes, black racers and a copperhead :scared1: in our basement. Luckily we didn't know it was a copperhead until after I'd had my DS (13) carry it and the box is was hiding in outside and dump it out in the woods. :rolleyes1 . Or course since we had never seen a snake like it before we decided to look it up. Did you know copperheads are extremely rare and endangered and almost never seen in MA? Oh, and poisonous. yeah that. I do now.

Now because I am so cursed, I will be the guest who has the snake in the bed and the one that lays eggs in the bed, too.:lmao:

Alright I'm good with that, thanks for taking one for the team ;)

Ha! That's exactly what I planned to type when I read it!
Great Canadian Minds think alike!
:cheer2:

Well we are staying in SSr for the first time in a few weeks. Here's to hoping we dont find another snake in our bed :scared1::scared1: I hope I'm not cursed :rotfl2:

These threads make me sad. Snakes aren't evil incarnate and the vast majority you will see there can't hurt you. Avoid them and they will do their best to avoid you too!

We saw a snake once years ago. We were staying at the Old Key West and it was baby green snake out on the patio. And a lizard and a bunny. We were in heaven!

Snakes love Florida. And warm concrete.

I wish I hadn't read this post at almost 3 am... now I'm never going to get to sleep!!! Its funny though b/c as a kid I had a 7 ft red tail amazon boa, but we had him since he was a baby so it didn't seem weird.... Now on the other hand I won't even bait my own fishing hook, and the only snake I've ever seen in the wild is a garden snake and even those give me the creeps..:scared:

I like snakes.....I want a ball python as a pet! But if I saw a snake in my bed...OH HECK NO. I don't think I could deal with that. Although I do really want to see the gator at CSR when we stay :-D

We had stayed at OKW two years ago first floor by the river. We woke up one morning only to have a 3 foot blake snake hanging over the back of one of the patio chairs staring in the window. Obviously we drank our coffee indoors that day. I guess he didn't think there was much to look at and after 15 minutes he was on his way.:surfweb:

I am actually glad I read this thread because for nearly 18 years I thought dh and I were the ONLY people to ever have a snake in their room at Disney.

1991 - 1st floor room at CBR - smallish black snake. I patiently sat up on the sink area while waiting for staff to come . It was around 11 or 12am so it took a while but a man showed up with a big snake catching noose thing on a stick, but didn't need it, he picked up the snake with his hand and bagged it up. It made me wonder just how big the snakes get that this guy was carrying that noose thing and had assumed he would need it.

sounds like more than a few CBR snake stories though.

Just a little FYI for all, no snakes are "poisonous" If you eat them, you will not die from the poison in their bodies. SO the term is incorrect.

Many many snakes are "venomous" as they inject venom into their victims when they bite.

Just had to make that distinction. It's the environmentalist in me. Go educate someone today ;)

Just a little FYI for all, no snakes are "poisonous" If you eat them, you will not die from the poison in their bodies. SO the term is incorrect.

Many many snakes are "venomous" as they inject venom into their victims when they bite.

Just had to make that distinction. It's the environmentalist in me. Go educate someone today ;)

That's interesting. I didn't know that.

Now for the obligatory facetious comment!
So, any nervous posters, if there's a snake in your room, you know now what to do! Bite him first! And don't stop biting (and chewing) until he stops moving!
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That's interesting. I didn't know that.

Now for the obligatory facetious comment!
So, any nervous posters, if there's a snake in your room, you know now what to do! Bite him first! And don't stop biting (and chewing) until he stops moving!
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks for the laugh this morning. I really needed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter