Smoking & stroller wagons banned May 1!

According to the BOB manufacturer website, all of the BOB double stroller models are 30.5 inches wide, so technically they should pass inspection since strollers must now be 31 inches or less in width.

That said, I have a double BOB but I haven’t brought it to the parks yet. I’m nervous that it might be rejected because it’s *so* close to the cut off. I’m bringing mine tomorrow for the first time. I’ll report back what happens.

According to the BOB manufacturer website, all of the BOB double stroller models are 30.5 inches wide, so technically they should pass inspection since strollers must now be 31 inches or less in width.

That said, I have a double BOB but I haven’t brought it to the parks yet. I’m nervous that it might be rejected because it’s *so* close to the cut off. I’m bringing mine tomorrow for the first time. I’ll report back what happens.

Thanks, we also have a double BOB. While we're considering not bringing it for our next trip, it'd be nice to know if it fits or not.

If I were bringing a stroller that was 30.5 inches wide according to the manufacturer and the cutoff is 31 inches, I would have a backup plan just in case.

If I were bringing a stroller that was 30.5 inches wide according to the manufacturer and the cutoff is 31 inches, I would have a backup plan just in case.
Oh yes I should have mentioned that I’m going to bring my single stroller as a backup tomorrow JUST in case (my 4 year old will just have to walk if we end up using it).

I am here with my double BOB today. No one measured my stroller at security, but I did roll it into the box at the parking structure and the wheels fit within the box so I guess it’s fine?

I think the desire to use keenz for disability access stems less from the child’s actual needs and more the desire to spend as much time in the parks. Like previous posters have mentioned keenz aren’t absolutely necessary in order to tour the parks with disabled or special needs children; people found a way to go without from the 50s until just recently.

I do understand and feel for people who have disabled/special needs family members and can relate as I have a family member with a disability but there’s no reason to purposely violate park rules regarding wagons for your benefit when there are other alternatives available.

My disabled child is 35 ......... yes disabled children with all kinds of issues have been enjoying Disney parks since they opened WITHOUT wagons. There are a variety of stroller options that address many different needs, even multiple children (I had two more before DS could move fully out of stroller).

Keenz are garden WAGONS that someone brilliantly slightly refitted to find a new "got to have one" market and became a fad among those willing to shell out $300. Not allowing won't stop any family with special needs children from going ... again, they've been going for years and they have other options either by bringing your own or renting from one of the local companies.

Allowing with "stroller as wheelchair" tag .... when it's not even a stroller ... will end up severely abused and we'll be overrun with them ... especially when they figure out it will also allow them to take their wagon in the lines, and some use to get on the buses before everyone else. Unlike the DAS which is work in terms of time/walking and puts an individual in the system as disabled, this is easy to get and use.

Good morning! So , it's been just over a week since the stroller size ban has begun. Anyone notice a difference? Just curious.

Last Saturday I didn't see anyone smoking, and I didn't see any wagons all day. Park was crowded (Star Wars Day) but walkways didn't feel too congested. But I can't really say whether that's due to the change to stroller rules, or Project Stardust improvements, or just luck.

I was there Monday-Wednesday. Didn’t notice any smoking or wagons but did see huge strollers that were definitely bigger than the new rule. Guess they aren’t enforcing it

:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2
I’m not commenting specifically on the two Keenz seen by pp, but if people are claiming their child has a disability when the don’t, or claiming that their child has a disability requiring a Keenz stroller when they don’t, that is disgusting behavior. Aside from the dishonestly of it, it undermines and impairs the ability of those who really do need it to be believed. What is wrong with people?!

Keenz have been on the market, what, five years? So I’m assuming that none of the people falsely claiming to “require” a Keenz could have POSSIBLY ever visited the parks prior to 2014 :rolleyes2

I once struck up a conversation with another mom waiting for her son at my son's gymnastics school. We talked each week, and one week she told me that she was going to Disneyland. I started up my usual tips and tricks I have learned over the years and she stopped me short and told me she gets a DAS for her son so her and her son (and her friends who were going with them) didn't have to stand in line. He doesn't need really but they only go a couple times a year and she doesn't want to spend that time in line. She said it "sounds bad" but she knows others who do it too and she could give ME tips on what to say and such to get us one all the time too. I got up and walked away, and never talked to her again. I KNOW there are a lot of people who NEED these passes but I can't help but to wonder how many are also like her and do that. :( Makes me super sad.

I once struck up a conversation with another mom waiting for her son at my son's gymnastics school. We talked each week, and one week she told me that she was going to Disneyland. I started up my usual tips and tricks I have learned over the years and she stopped me short and told me she gets a DAS for her son so her and her son (and her friends who were going with them) didn't have to stand in line. He doesn't need really but they only go a couple times a year and she doesn't want to spend that time in line. She said it "sounds bad" but she knows others who do it too and she could give ME tips on what to say and such to get us one all the time too. I got up and walked away, and never talked to her again. I KNOW there are a lot of people who NEED these passes but I can't help but to wonder how many are also like her and do that. :( Makes me super sad.
That is sick, ugh.

Also, why is it so terrible for children to learn to wait in a line? Patience and waiting your turn are kind of important life skills.

That is sick, ugh.

Also, why is it so terrible for children to learn to wait in a line? Patience and waiting your turn are kind of important life skills.

Exactly! Yeah, I was super disappointed. I wouldn't even make eye contact with her again. We take time in line to snack, and talk and plan. Not a good example to set for her son at all.

Good for you for walking away from her. I would do the same. It makes me sad that people model such terrible behavior for their children. And I agree with a PP, what is wrong with learning to wait in lines? I remember going to DLR with my family when Indiana Jones first opened and we waited for at least 2 hours in that line. It was a good lesson for me... there was a payoff to my patience.

We witnessed a mother and her young son try to jump from the single rider line at RSR into the Fast Pass line, which was moving faster and was shorter at that time. Luckily a CM caught them and sent them back to single rider. Makes me shake my head.

More on topic, we were there during the week of the switch to the new rules. Perhaps we were more conscious of looking, but we noticed no wagons around on May 1, but sure saw a lot of them in the days leading up. We spoke to a CM at security and light heartedly "wished them luck" the morning of May 1. They laughed and said they had been trying to warn people with larger strollers of the upcoming change and how their equipment might not comply.

We witnessed a mother and her young son try to jump from the single rider line at RSR into the Fast Pass line, which was moving faster and was shorter at that time. Luckily a CM caught them and sent them back to single rider. Makes me shake my head.

\

I ratted on a group of kids who did this in the RSR line (back before maxpass) and the CM thanked us and let us keep our fastpasses so we could go on it again after we rode the first time.

The new maximum guidelines still allow a pretty big stroller.
I have a double BOB. It’s pretty big. But still have half an inch to spare on the width.

Interestingly, yesterday I saw someone with one of those things you attach to a bike... it fit two kids side by side. I’ve never seen one used like a stroller before.

I have a double BOB. It’s pretty big. But still have half an inch to spare on the width.

Interestingly, yesterday I saw someone with one of those things you attach to a bike... it fit two kids side by side. I’ve never seen one used like a stroller before.
I've seen those in the parks before. They're made to attach to a bike or be used as a stroller. They are different than the ones that only attach to a bike. I feel those probably exceed the size though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!