Small minded people and their small minded comments...ugh!

I don't see the long hair as being of interest really. There are plenty of long haired guys of all ages even here in old-fashioned Texas.

I don't think there are any grown men here with long hair - that sounds very 80's. Lots of metrosexual men here, who "do" their hair (think hair dryers and gel). A man with long hair would give off a midlife crisis vibe.

And that's not even to mention men's cargo shorts. These are basically a purse that you wear! lol. One pair of mine has six pockets, and the ones at mid-thigh could almost hold an iPad!

My son will only wear cargo jeans, because it gives him a place to put his phone, MP3 player, etc. It's easy to find cargo shorts and pants, but finding jeans is not an easy task. I don't know what he will do when Wrangler stops making them; maybe by then, the man-purse will be acceptable here:lmao:

I guess I fail to see how disagreeing with things equals being small minded :confused3. Do you agree with everything your friends do?

If you chose to be "different" grow a thicker skin because you are going to get comments.

If you chose to say, let your 4 year old boy have hair down to the middle of his back, you don't GET to be mad when people think he is a girl.

If you chose to wear a "man purse" you don't "get" to be mad when people ask you why you are carrying a purse? :confused3

Personally, I wish they made women's clothing with better pockets so I don't have to carry a purse. I don't understand why you would WANT to carry a purse :lmao:.

My son will only wear cargo jeans, because it gives him a place to put his phone, MP3 player, etc. It's easy to find cargo shorts and pants, but finding jeans is not an easy task. I don't know what he will do when Wrangler stops making them; maybe by then, the man-purse will be acceptable here:lmao:

Lee makes "cargo jeans". Our Kohl's carries them :thumbsup2. I think they are Lee-they might be their Urban Pipeline brand, maybe??

I don't get that at all or anything about being jealous of the OP. Personally would probably do a double take if I saw a man with long hair carrying a purse like bag.

It would have nothing to do with being jealous and wishing my DH grew his hair out and got his own bag. I do not like long hair on a guy. I certainly wouldn't make a comment though. I live in a pretty liberal area being near a lot of universities but the OP's look really isn't the norm here.

Totally agree. Why would someone consider it 'small minded' to not like the look of a guy wearing a purse? The comments, yes - but not the preference.
OT but I have a Dutch friend who doesn't shave under her arms. Cultural difference - but that doesn't mean she's any more progressive because of it.

They're going to take your union card....

LOL, my best friend wears Birkenstocks for both of us. ;)

I guess I fail to see how disagreeing with things equals being small minded :confused3. Do you agree with everything your friends do?

If you chose to be "different" grow a thicker skin because you are going to get comments.

If you chose to say, let your 4 year old boy have hair down to the middle of his back, you don't GET to be mad when people think he is a girl.

If you chose to wear a "man purse" you don't "get" to be mad when people ask you why you are carrying a purse? :confused3

Personally, I wish they made women's clothing with better pockets so I don't have to carry a purse. I don't understand why you would WANT to carry a purse :lmao:.

But he does have the right to know stupid folks are everywhere. :rotfl:

Why? Why does anyone feel that they MUST comment on someone doing anything that they consider "different"? And yes, it's small minded. It's a mentality that is either so insecure or with a life so dull that the smallest details of another person's life are reasons for criticism. Who cares if a male child or adult likes long hair? Who cares if a female child or adult likes short hair? Who cares who carries what or wears what?

If you wouldn't make that choice, fine. It doesn't make you better or them worse.

Why? Why does anyone feel that they MUST comment on someone doing anything that they consider "different"? And yes, it's small minded. It's a mentality that is either so insecure or with a life so dull that the smallest details of another person's life are reasons for criticism. Who cares if a male child or adult likes long hair? Who cares if a female child or adult likes short hair? Who cares who carries what or wears what?

If you wouldn't make that choice, fine. It doesn't make you better or them worse.

Human Nature.

I have never seen a man here in the South-gay or straight-with a man purse
I'd think it odd
I would guess he'd be made fun here too:confused3

I'm in Lexington, Ky. I see it fairly often here, especially with professors and artsy type guys.

They don't want it shoved down their throats. :rolleyes1

I'm in Lexington, Ky. I see it fairly often here, especially with professors and artsy type guys.

I could see a professor or artist carrying a messenger type bag because they probably have papers/portfolio to carry. A briefcase might be a bit too corporate for them. But anything small and purse like in size I'd just think he was holding it for his wife/SO.

Lee makes "cargo jeans". Our Kohl's carries them :thumbsup2. I think they are Lee-they might be their Urban Pipeline brand, maybe??

Men's cargo jeans? When I do a search at Kohl's, all I see are baby's cargo jeans, cargo shorts and cargo pants(not jeans). I don't even find men's cargo jeans on the Lee website. Believe me, I have searched for hours online. I guess they are very 2000 or something. You used to be able to get them everywhere. Now, it seems like you can only find cargo pants in khaki, navy, etc. He will wear those for a special occasion, but for every day, he likes the jeans.

They don't want it shoved down their throats. :rolleyes1

Then they need to hide in their little houses and never come out-because as soon as they set foot out the door they take the risk that they will see something that is "different" than them. The scary thing is, they might not even know it!! Those "different" people aren't always obvious! They're not always the man with the long hair and the bag. They're sneaky, those different people- they shop in the same stores, they work in the same places and they even vacation in the same places that the non-different people do! Some of them even dress and look normal! It's not safe anywhere! :scared1:

Men's cargo jeans? When I do a search at Kohl's, all I see are baby's cargo jeans, cargo shorts and cargo pants(not jeans). I don't even find men's cargo jeans on the Lee website. Believe me, I have searched for hours online. I guess they are very 2000 or something. You used to be able to get them everywhere. Now, it seems like you can only find cargo pants in khaki, navy, etc. He will wear those for a special occasion, but for every day, he likes the jeans.

Yes men's. They had them last winter, haven't looked this year though. Maybe they were the Urban Pipeline brand then??

I did a google search for "men's cargo jeans" and came up with this:

http://www.nextag.com/mens-cargo-jeans/products-html

Looks like Eddie Bauer has some too.

Yes men's. They had them last winter, haven't looked this year though. Maybe they were the Urban Pipeline brand then??

I did a google search for "men's cargo jeans" and came up with this:

http://www.nextag.com/mens-cargo-jeans/products-html

Looks like Eddie Bauer has some too.

Did you click on those? They are skinny cargos, LOL, with tiny pockets and a waist so low I don't know how a man could wear them. My DS would not be caught dead in those, and the cargo pockets look like they would be too small to even hold his wallet. And they're $52:scared1: He loves the Wrangler ones--they fit pretty loosely and have huge pockets on both sides for $18. I will check in store at Kohl's this year. I've checked before, but maybe they are new or only sold regionally. Thanks for trying to help though.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter