Small minded people and their small minded comments...ugh!

topolino

DIS Veteran
I'm a guy and I sometimes carry a "man bag" to carry my stuff in. It's brown leather, very masculine, just like the ones that guys carry in Europe where I've spent a lot of time, etc., etc.

My wife and I just got back from an awesome weekend in Toronto, and she is putting pictures up on Facebook. In some of the pictures, I'm holding my bag. Of course my "macho" guy friends are already starting in with the "good natured" teasing comments. Also, over the last year and a half or so, I've let my hair grow, and for the first time in a long time, I have long hair again. A lot of these guys tease me about that too. Of course my family and friends from Italy see nothing strange about my appearance at all, as it's part of their culture.

I'm not ashamed of my appearance in the slightest, but the comments get real old, real fast, you know?

Do any of you have to deal with this type of nonsense? Thanks for letting me vent.

Most of those comments stem from jealousy and insecurity.

Just go with it. :thumbsup2

jZF5Jr7m3opy3456AgI4cLRno1_400.jpg

It's not a purse! It's called a satchel.

You will just have to find one sentence to shut them up, find one, keep it and use it...

I am Caucasian, my hubby is Latino, and when my son was born, all of our friends, and HIS family here in Cozumel were DYING to get a peek at our son, who was, foor all intents and purposes, born looking Caucasion.

DHs cousin reported back to DMIL and DFIL that my son looked Rusian???!!!! What ??!!

Well, one of DHs friend kept on making the (English translation here) Hey, have you found your sons Dad yet? And all of the milkman-mailman jokes.... I took it once, but by the 50th time, I was DONE...

So I found my line....

I asked DHs friend if he thought that I was a ***** (not so harsh in Spanish), and he said NO, of course not!, and I replied, you DO realize that every time you question my sons paternity, you are implying that I was messing around and unfaithful to your friend, right??!! SILENCE

He NEVER joked like that again! (and, his wife is DSs godmother, and we are all still GOOD friends, BTW.)

I honestly think that he thought he was hilarious!! NOT

And the homophobic comments just keep on coming! And here I thought the Community Board was a bastion of open mindedness!

Its cool with me that you have a purse

It's not a purse, it's a murse! :)

For what it's worth, I think men who carry murses are very stylish, metro, and a slew of other compliments. I'd take a murse man over a sloppy dresser any day.

You will just have to find one sentence to shut them up, find one, keep it and use it...

I am Caucasian, my hubby is Latino, and when my son was born, all of our friends, and HIS family here in Cozumel were DYING to get a peek at our son, who was, foor all intents and purposes, born looking Caucasion.

DHs cousin reported back to DMIL and DFIL that my son looked Rusian???!!!! What ??!!

Well, one of DHs friend kept on making the (English translation here) Hey, have you found your sons Dad yet? And all of the milkman-mailman jokes.... I took it once, but by the 50th time, I was DONE...

So I found my line....

I asked DHs friend if he thought that I was a ***** (not so harsh in Spanish), and he said NO, of course not!, and I replied, you DO realize that every time you question my sons paternity, you are implying that I was messing around and unfaithful to your friend, right??!! SILENCE

He NEVER joked like that again! (and, his wife is DSs godmother, and we are all still GOOD friends, BTW.)

I honestly think that he thought he was hilarious!! NOT

:hug:

Good for you!

The thing that gets me, is that with their comments they are implying that I'm gay. If someone thinks I'm gay because of my appearence, let them have at it, I couldn't care less. Unlike them, I know being gay isn't a bad thing.

It's not a purse, it's a murse! :)

For what it's worth, I think men who carry murses are very stylish, metro, and a slew of other compliments. I'd take a murse man over a sloppy dresser any day.

The thing is, a few of my guy friends are neanderthals who have never set foot outside the country, and still hold on to ridiculous stereotypes.

And the homophobic comments just keep on coming! And here I thought the Community Board was a bastion of open mindedness!

:rotfl: Stop it. You're killing me.

How are any of these posts homophobic? I know lots of gay guys and they don't carry a purse.:confused3

:rotfl: Stop it. You're killing me.

How are any of these posts homophobic? I know lots of gay guys and they don't carry a purse.:confused3

Really? You don't think that when a straight guy mocks another straight guy for carrying a bag he's not implying, "you must be gay"?

I used to carry around a bag and long hair and never thought about it. And didn't get any comments, either. :confused3

You carrying your things in your own bag= your SO not having to carry your things :thumbsup2

I say rock the man-bag :rockband:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter