• I’m not excited about it, but I’m ok with the change

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • I’m indifferent about it

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • I’m not happy about it, but will still go on the ride

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • I’m not happy about it and will not go on this ride

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I’m upset about this change - leave it alone!

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I’ve never been on Splash Mountain so I have no opinion

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
Sounds good.

There still are some riverboats on the Mississippi, though I think they are newly, or recently built. And yes, it would work better in New Orleans Square.

There certainly are! There are several that dock in Memphis, including the Delta Queen, launched in 1927. Currently it is used for dinner cruises. Someone I know had their wedding on it.

1657138297164.png

They will keep the riverboat - they'll just have Tiana on it. In fact, I bet a lot of the talking animals from Splash will remain - they fit right in from the movie!

Last edited:

I am some what excited. Will I miss splash mtn sure. But I love trying new attractions. Love Frozen, the Nemo update at DL to 20K,

I am some what excited. Will I miss splash mtn sure. But I love trying new attractions. Love Frozen, the Nemo update at DL to 20K,

Just a note, the Submarine Voyage at DL was never 20,000 Leagues Themed. They used the same basic setup for 20K at MK, but DL was always just the same subs - they used to be grey though.

Splash Mountain was/is my husband's favorite ride. Some really good memories....we got married at WDW. The day of our rehearsal my husband was in the park with is brothers. He was late getting back to hotel and said he got stuck on Splash. I remember going on the ride with my husband and for some reason we got to go on it over and over again. To say we got really wet is an understatement. I just remember getting off the ride for the last time that evening and we just couldn't stop laughing. And lastly, after we were pronounced husband and wife, we left the wedding pavilion to the song Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah by violins. I understand the change, sad to see it change and look forward to see and ride the new version. But, still a little sad about it but I'll always have the memories.

I think it's pretty stupid. I've been to some of the bayous in Louisiana and have never seen a mountain with a waterfall in there. In fact, it's all been pretty darn flat. Well, there is that giant sinkhole in Bayou Corne (Assumption Parish) that started out as a giant whirlpool when they drilled through the salt dome.
You want to give Tiana her own ride? Fine make it a ground level dark ride with a swamp theme starting out in New Orleans. Ride in boats like pirates but still it can be all scary and such like the haunted mansion.
Just change the sound track in Splash to something that people won't be offended by and move on. I know, some people are offended by everything but maybe there's hope.

I chose “somewhat excited.” In Disneyland Splash itself is a replacement and large parts of the park are remarkably different than they were from when I was a kid. Heck, it’s a lot different from my kids childhoods (26, 16, 16) as well. I think it’s a good choice.

I think my older DD who was Tiana (T Anna) long before there was a Princess Tiana (T ahna) will be conflicted. For obvious reasons Tiana is her favorite princess (finally merch with her name on it 😂) but Splash is probably her all time favorite ride. Riding Splash was a momentous occasion for each of my kids so it will be a little bittersweet to see it go but at the same time they’ll be down for a Bayou adventure.

I don’t mind the change. It’s not one of my favorite movies, but neither was SOTS. I am usually too busy worrying about the drop to pay any attention to the attraction. It’s not a ride I go on very often.

I loved Splash and The Princess and the Frog is my favorite princess movie- so many regional references in that movie.

Will miss Splash, but understand the reason for re-themeing it.

I just hope Disney doesn't price me out from going to see it!

DD19 and I are so excited! Princess Tiana is her favorite, and we just love the entire soundtrack. We talked the other day trying to predict what they'll do for the ride. I should write down all our thoughts to see if we get anything right

I understand the reason for the change, and I agree with it. SM has always been my favorite attraction since I was a kid. I now recognize that the stereotypes are offensive. I’m embarrassed that I didn’t see them that way for decades.

Representation matters. I’m thrilled that Tiana will be the heart of the reimagined attraction. She is a strong female character who represents independence, courage and perseverance. I can’t wait to see what the imagineers will do!

I am looking forward to the change ! When TOT was changed in DCA to GOTG, there were buckets of tears and gnashing of teeth, and many, many cries of "why? why?" (etc. etc. you get the point !) Now, GOTG is so much fun ! Do not really miss the TOT overlay. :mic: :badpc: :rolleyes2

Not excited at all. Have never seen the full Princess and the Frog movie, just never particularly interested me. So I don't know even a single song from the movie. And I love love love the top most scenes on Splash, with the little gardens, laundry lines, houses and "humming". I get so excited at that part. Will definitely miss it.

Somewhat excited.

I liked Splash, it was never my favorite as I don't like getting wet, but it is a fun ride.

I really enjoyed The Princess and the Frog movie, it was well done and I am a sucker for the old animation. Tiana's Bayou Adventure has fabulous potential if Disney does it right.

My hesitancy is because I want Disney to do it right. And by right, I mean GOTG overlay right. I do not mean Test Track, Figment, and Maelstrom. :sad2: (I highly dislike the faces on the Frozen ride, they are weird) With Chapek at helm I am afraid this project will venture over to the cheap route. I hope I am proven wrong just like I was with ToT at DCA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter