slo’s TUESDAY 10/4 poll - Chips & Salsa (The Chips)

Which chips for chips & salsa - yellow/round corn chips or tortilla chips?

• Yellow corn chips only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tortilla chips only

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Mostly corn chips, but buy tortilla chips sometimes too

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Mostly tortilla chips, but will buy corn chips too

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I buy both 50 / 50

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • I don’t buy either very often

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • I only have chips & salsa in a restaurant

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • I eat whatever the person I live with buys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t eat chips & salsa anywhere

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters
BLUE Corn chips! I did a taste test once. And the blue corn chips definitely have more flavor. I also get the no salt variety. While I don't have tortilla chips often, this is what I get:

81f+jevSMEL._SL1500_.jpg

Otherwise, I get the 365 Brand, no salt, yellow corn tortilla chips from Whole Foods.

BLUE Corn chips! I did a taste test once. And the blue corn chips definitely have more flavor. I also get the no salt variety. While I don't have tortilla chips often, this is what I get:

81f+jevSMEL._SL1500_.jpg

Otherwise, I get the 365 Brand, no salt, yellow corn tortilla chips from Whole Foods.
Love the blue corn chips myself, but could never do no salt.

I only eat chips and salsa in restaurants, but I occasionally buy the white tortilla chips to eat plain at home.

I answered the poll before looking at your pictures. I thought you were comparing tortilla chips and fritos as someone else mentioned. The only brands in our stores are Tostitos and Mission. I like the crispy rounds or bite size rounds. The triangles break too easy. I also prefer the chips with nacho cheese or queso cheese rather than salsa but I will eat salsa if that's all I have on hand.

We love On The Border chips, so much that we stopped buying them because they would disappear in 2 days. Besides those, we are equal opportunity eaters when it comes to eating with salsa. Now, I'm a round corn chip only person with guacamole.

I don’t have a huge preference between those kinds so I usually buy what looks good or is on sale.

I’m glad you included the picture because when you were talking about “yellow corn chips” I was thinking Fritos, not yellow-corn tortilla chips.

Yum! Chips & Salsa - had some yesterday ❤️❤️❤️ I like just about any kind of chip and love the Lime chips !! My go to chips are Doritos but I buy big bags of corn chips from Costco they are delicious and I believe it’s a 50 ton bag it last forever !! Those chips I use for loose meat nachos / chicken dishes etc - not my chips & salsa unless they are the only chips in the house

Since SLO makes such awesome meals I suggest we all eat at her house !! Your dinners always sound so tasty !!! I’ll wash the dishes !!! 👍
Thank you for your kind post :goodvibes

I enjoy trying a lot of new recipes - some are good and some are not so good.
When a new recipe is a success, I put it in my phone calendar to show up again in 3 months. I now have loads of recipes in my phone calendar so I am never at a loss on what to make for dinner (I’ve been doing this for about 5 years now). The only downfall for DH & DD19 is that they get their favorites only 4 times a year - I don’t deviate from the rotation - LOL!

Today I’m trying a new recipe, so we’ll see if it makes the cut for us to see it again in 3 months. Since DD19 is at school, she can’t vote - majority does rule - LOL! If it’s a tie between DH and I tonight, then I need to decide how much I really like it to overrule DH’s vote. I put a lot of thought into this - LOL!

Thank you for your kind post :goodvibes

I enjoy trying a lot of new recipes - some are good and some are not so good.
When a new recipe is a success, I put it in my phone calendar to show up again in 3 months. I now have loads of recipes in my phone calendar so I am never at a loss on what to make for dinner (I’ve been doing this for about 5 years now). The only downfall for DH & DD19 is that they get their favorites only 4 times a year - I don’t deviate from the rotation - LOL!

Today I’m trying a new recipe, so we’ll see if it makes the cut for us to see it again in 3 months. Since DD19 is at school, she can’t vote - majority does rule - LOL! If it’s a tie between DH and I tonight, then I need to decide how much I really like it to overrule DH’s vote. I put a lot of thought into this - LOL!
Love this - so what time would you like me there for dinner ? I won’t vote - my manners dictate I love anything you fix and I do the dishes !! I even take out the trash when I’m done !!! You also get lively conversation and no phone at table - I’ll bring wine for dinner. See you tonight 👍❤️

• Love
Reactions: slo
I prefer the lighter tortilla chips over the round ones. The ones I really like are the "Tostitos Scoops". I'll be honest, the chips do not matter much to me, they are just a means of getting salsa into my mouth :rotfl2:

I am VERY picky about salsa though, I won't eat most of the stuff that is found on the shelves in stores. However I will devour the Tostitos restaurant style (with the purple lid), I really like On The Border (with the black lid), and there is another one (in a short jar) from Aldi that is amazing. Shamefully, I can eat an entire jar in one day.

I like most salsa from Mexican restaurants with few exceptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter