Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Late Evening - 10:01pm - Midnight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above - I don’t fly

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
The earliest flight I can get to go down and the latest flight I can get to go home - I like to stretch my vacation as long as I can !!
Have a churro on me Slo !! I hope you both have an amazing time ❤️❤️👍
Thank you ❤️ :goodvibes and I will do that. I’ve never had a WDW churro - it’s in the snack list that is printed and packed 🙂👍🏼
I voted "early morning", as that's when I prefer to leave on vacation. I prefer to come back in the early afternoon.

Have a wonderful trip!!
Thank you ❤️:goodvibes
I love the Poly as well -fortunate to be a DVC owner so the impact of pricing doesn't hurt as bad. Have you looked into renting DVC points? Makes a stay there much more economical!
I haven’t, but I was thinking about it for our next trip when my DH comes with. I’ll definitely check it out 🙂👍🏼
I'll pick early morning, 6-9, for my flight going to a vacation. I prefer late afternoon, early evening for returning home. Basically a decent day at location both days, though not a full day.

Wishing a super WDW trip for you and Katie, Sandy. Pictures while there or when you return. Enjoy your Tonga Toast and beignets. :beach: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

See you again next week.
Thanks again Dan ❤️:goodvibes and I’ll definitely share some pictures 🙂👍🏼
Someone ( I mean with computer skills). Has to set up daily polls.

1- how much syrup will SLO will use on tonga toast. None, 1 tsp, 2 tsp, drown I, what’s Tonga toast

2- the number of times SLO thinks bad thought about disney’s Wi-Fi . None, 100 times, 500 times, to infinity and beyond.

just kidding, just saying you’ll be missed. Have a wonderful trip.
LOL - this is great!
Thank you for the well wishes ❤️:goodvibes and to answer your one question….I’ll be drowning my Tonga Toast in syrup, because I’m like Buddy the Elf - I love my sugar - LOL!
We normally would do early because if we are flying we are cramming a trip into a short school break and are maximizing time. We’ve only done that a handful of times over the years.

Slo—I hope you have an amazing trip and make many happy memories with your daughter!
Between 7-9 AM is the sweet spot for travel for us, but my priority is a non-stop flight, so if that means we have to leave a little earlier or later, we’ll take it.

Enjoy your vacation @slo!

LOL. I just this morning returned to Chicago from visiting my mother in the Baltimore area -- my plane was scheduled to leave at 6:00 a.m. and arrive at 7:20 or so, but wound up being an hour late.

I prefer getting there and settling in (or unpacking, etc.), so for me the earlier the better.

Although this one busted my butt. I had to wake up at 2:30 a.m. Eastern to leave at 3:00 a.m. to get to the airport and return the rental car at 4:00 a.m. I'm super sleepy at the moment.

WHAT? You have not had a churro ?? OMG. Have two they are delicious ! Follow it up with a Dole Whip ❤️❤️❤️
LOL!
Nope….no churro.
The Dole Whips we have done multiple times.
Except for the Dole Whips we never did snacks - Katie’s looking forward to her first Mickey Bar this year :mickeybar
Now…before everyone thinks I’m a terrible mother for denying my girls a Mickey Bar, they did get multiple character meals each trip that I wanted them to be good and hungry for, and since they ate like birds, I didn’t want anything spoiling their appetites. Now that Katie is almost 20, I’m not worried about that anymore, and at almost 20, I’m still making sure she gets a character meal, which is Ohanas for breakfast so she can see Stitch :stitch2:
If Kevin get lonely over the next week, tell him to sign up here and commiserate with the rest of us. :teeth:
I will do that 🙂
I think he will be a little lonely with just the Guinea Pig here.

For WDW trips I guess early morning but it's really early for that first flight to MCO, and the airport is a 35 minute drive + time to catch the shuttle from economy parking to the terminal. We have to get up really early to catch that flight. For coming home, early evening is best. It gets in pretty late but we're retired so no need to be up early the next day.

As early as possible going. Coming back, I like a flight around 7 p.m. Speaking of WDW trips specifically, we're usually all out of pixie dust by the last day and leave the parks by lunchtime and sit in the All-Star's food court relaxing until time for pick up to the airport.

Heading to WDW, we prefer between 5:30 - 7:30am.
Heading home from WDW, we prefer later afternoon - early evening.
Always choose nonstop, whenever possible.

Have a great vacation!

It really depends on which direction I’m traveling. If it’s up the east coast morning flights are great if we are going to the west coast we prefer an evening flight where we can get a day of work in and head to the airport to get to our destination in time to go to straight to the hotel to sleep off the jet lag. Europe is also an evening flight to sleep on the plane a bit and be there in the morning for a full day of fun.

I prefer very early morning flights to start vacation. I had a late flight once and got to wdw near midnight - awful and never again. Coming home from vacation I like a late flight.

Have a great trip!

We try to travel a day or two before the vacation starts.

That means we can cross our fingers and hope to get bumped or volunteer to be bumped.

Since one of the ways you can help your odds of being bumped is to show up early, that means we avoid early morning flights. I believe the earlier in the day the less likely there are flight delays, so less likely to be bumped.
Few years ago I saw a story of a couple who spent holiday weekends booking busy flights with many connections hoping to get bumped as much as possible.

In their case spent the weekend, sitting on planes or in airports and walk away with tons of vouchers.

My departure times are determined by the destination, time difference if any, and what we plan to do when they get there.
We left at 6 am going to WDW, got to Orlando at 6 pm, got to the Grand Floridian at 730 pm, ate dinner there and watched the fireworks from the hotel before crashing.
We left at 11 am going to DL, got to Orange County by Noon, got a rental car, dropped our luggage off at the Grand California at 1 pm, and were eating lunch in the park at 1:30 pm

Eat like birds 🦜🦜 lucky you ! Mine ate like they’ve never seen food before and they are girls tiny girls 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Few years ago I saw a story of a couple who spent holiday weekends booking busy flights with many connections hoping to get bumped as much as possible.

In their case spent the weekend, sitting on planes or in airports and walk away with tons of vouchers.
We have received about $4000 in compensation in total over the years.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GAN
Definitely later afternoon/early evening. We like to get dinner on the plane which is only served from 4pm-8pmish on United, get unpacked, shower, then go to bed for a fresh start in the morning.

We live too far from the airport for early morning flights. We generally like 11AM -1PM flights.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter