Votes: 96 80.7%
  • I put salt on it

Votes: 69 58.0%
  • I’ve never had corn on the cob

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
I love corn on the cob! Sometimes I have just that for supper…lol nothing else . Husband is fine with that too.

Just boil it and eat with butter and salt.

I like it but I don't eat it. It gets in my teeth, and I have a mild aversion to eating really messy stuff with my hands.

I love it!! We have a local farm stand where we always buy it in the summer. It is the best around. So tender and sweet, it’s like candy. Shouldn’t be long now.

I like it but I don't eat it. It gets in my teeth, and I have a mild aversion to eating really messy stuff with my hands.
This. It's good, but I have the same issues as mentioned here.

Jeeves, remove the cob from the table!

I use this method, learned from some chef at some time, and which makes perfect corn. Boil a pot of water, turn off after reaching boiling and add a cup of milk and your corn, let sit covered for 5-10 minutes. Add salt and butter if you like ~ we do.

I don't mind the shucking but will try the @Praying Colonel method to see how it comes out. Looks easy and I love corn.

Love it--this is the time of year it's best around here. Butter and salt, like God intended. :)

This is the method we use: cooks it perfectly every time and you don't have to shuck it--silks come off, too:

We like-love it. Especially a variety called Mirai. We cook in the husk in the microwave, 2-3 minutes depending on size Some butter, a little salt, a little pepper, sometimes a little parm cheese.

Local Silver Queen corn should be just about ready now. The earlier varieties are OK but I like SQ the best.

I prepare it various ways, boil with some sugar in the water, grill, or microwave.

Butter and salt-free seasoning on top.

When I was a kid, corn on the cob was the only time my mother served fresh vegetables, maybe 5 or 6 times per summer. Everything else was canned, overcooked to practically mush. I guess that’s how my father liked it. On rare occasions there were frozen peas/carrots. Sometimes even the potatoes were from a can.

It’s not like fresh veggies were unavailable. There were plenty of produce markets, plus in the summer hucksters came around selling fresh produce from the backs of their trucks. My mother would buy tomatoes and apples and other fruits but never any other veggies besides corn on the cob.

I grew it. It was a staple in the garden. A staple of the diet (not a good staple) in late summer. Usually grew an early variety and Silver Queen which is very late.

Even buying from the local farms can't compare to cooking it as soon as you've picked it.

Best way is throwing them in the hot coals of a fire. 2nd best way is tossing on the grill, no soaking necessary. I want to caramelize the sugars, not steam it.

Typical way since we made so much as we ate then froze the rest cooking 2 dozen at a time, boiled.

Now that I'm by myself and have an instant pot, I tried it that way. If you aren't doing a large quantity, it's better than boiling. Takes just a few minutes but I can barely fit 6 ears.

Air fryer also does great with 5 or 6 ears if you have a larger air fryer. I now can't grow it myself so I pick up half a dozen on the way home from work. Toss them in the air fryer if I'm not going out on the grill and eat a couple ears and cut the rest off for the freezer. I do this several times a week stopping for just half a dozen.

When I had a garden, I would pick a couple ears and like others said, wrap it in a wet paper towel and microwave it. That's how I did it for lunch at work.

Corn from the garden from the freezer for Thanksgiving is my favorite side.

When I was a kid, corn on the cob was the only time my mother served fresh vegetables, maybe 5 or 6 times per summer. Everything else was canned, overcooked to practically mush. I guess that’s how my father liked it. On rare occasions there were frozen peas/carrots. Sometimes even the potatoes were from a can.

It’s not like fresh veggies were unavailable. There were plenty of produce markets, plus in the summer hucksters came around selling fresh produce from the backs of their trucks. My mother would buy tomatoes and apples and other fruits but never any other veggies besides corn on the cob.
I grew up hating most cooked vegetables for this reason. Spinach, brussel sprouts, green beans, peas, asparagus, you name it--covered in water and boiled to death.

Then I grew up and learned these could be awesome when roasted, sauteed or lightly steamed. Who knew? Apparently not my mother and grandmothers. I want to go back in time and ask them, "Who hurt you?"

Local Silver Queen corn should be just about ready now. The earlier varieties are OK but I like SQ the best.

I prepare it various ways, boil with some sugar in the water, grill, or microwave.

Butter and salt-free seasoning on top.
That's funny, Silver Queen is in September for us. Always amazed us going on vacation into the south, the previous weekend we would have just planted our garden and 2nd week of June the farm stands are telling us the corn is at the end of season.

I grew up hating most cooked vegetables for this reason. Spinach, brussel sprouts, green beans, peas, asparagus, you name it--covered in water and cooked to death.

Then I grew up and learned that these could be awesome when roasted, sauteed or lightly steamed. Who knew? Apparently not my mother and grandmothers. I want to go back in time and ask them, "Who hurt you?"
Exactly the same. I never ate vegetables until recently. Now I can't get enough of asparagus. I have some for lunch today. Mom never roasted it in an oven. We didn't do canned, but she boiled frozen vegetables to mush.

I grew up hating most cooked vegetables for this reason. Spinach, brussel sprouts, green beans, peas, asparagus, you name it--covered in water and boiled to death.

Then I grew up and learned these could be awesome when roasted, sauteed or lightly steamed. Who knew? Apparently not my mother and grandmothers. I want to go back in time and ask them, "Who hurt you?"
When I was 12, my family moved from the city to the suburbs and apparently my mother finally discovered that fresh veggies exist. She still made a lot of canned, but she also started buying “exotic” things like zucchini and asparagus, which she sautéed with garlic and oil. Even my father liked them.

I love corn on the cob in the summer. We usually cook ours in the grill or in the air fryer. It depends on my mood on how I season it. Sometimes we just do salt, pepper and butter. I also make a garlic parsley butter sometimes and we also have a seasoning blend we buy called “campfire corn on the cob” which is really good and gives the corn a smoky flavor.

Boil it with a couple pinches of sugar and a bit of lemon juice. I read it online awhile back and it really does make a difference

Then butter and parmesan. Yum.

I love it, and my dad used to grow tons of corn when I was a kid (he grew up on an Iowa farm). I will say, except for his corn, no corn I've ever had in Oregon compares to corn in the midwest. My husband and I went to Chicago before the pandemic, and I chose corn as a side at Nandos. OMG--it was sooo good! It jarred my memory and made me realize it's not that I don't like corn as much as I used to, it's that even the farm stand corn in Oregon isn't as sweet as midwestern corn.

I love it. We tend to grill it with butter, salt and pepper. Sometimes I go crazy and we grill it with butter and Sazon Goya or butter and OLD BAY!!!! So good.

I like it, but don’t like eating it off the cob. I cut the corn off the cob when it’s done cooking and eat it with a fork.

Love it, but only when it is in season locally. I keep mine pretty simple - just toss it on the grill at a low temp, still in the husks (it peels easier once it is steamed a bit) - and either top it with classic butter and salt or go all out with mayo cream, cojita and Taijin. The kids eat it raw, a habit they picked up from my FIL that I can't quite wrap my head around.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest