slo’s FRIDAY 5/24 poll - Magazine Subscriptions 📖

Magazine Subscriptions In Your Mailbox - Do you pay for any & how many? (m.c.)

• Yes - I pay for PRINTED & MAILED magazine subscriptions

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • No - I do not pay for PRINTED & MAILED magazine subscriptions

Votes: 61 70.9%

Votes: 10 11.6%

Votes: 7 8.1%

Votes: 4 4.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other - Please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
I was thinking the other day how boring our mail is now - nothing fun comes in the mail. No magazines, no catalogs - nothing fun. I kinda miss the good ol days of my Entertainment Weekly subscription, my girls Highlights subscription, DH’s AutoWeek subscription, Disney Catalog, JCPenney Catalog, Sears Catalog and so much more. Now my mail is just bills and solicitation - boring 😑. Tell us….is you mail boring too?

Do you have any magazine subscriptions that come in the mail?
If yes….how many?
(multiple choice)

*Please post what to inform others, and then they may subscribe too.

For Me…..As I said above, we have none here. My DH does have a few that are e-subscriptions, but those don’t count for this poll.

IMG_1716.jpeg

My brother bought a very inexpensive subscription for People Magazine which he brings me weekly. That's it for me.

I don't get any magazines anymore, but my DH does. He not really a book reader, but will read magazines, so I subscribe to 2 for him.

Pretty much just bills and junk mail here, though we do still pay for printed newspaper which now comes in the mail. I occasionally get a Lands End or LL Bean catalog. DD occasionally gets an American Girl catalog. That's about it.

I have subscribed to US Catholic for about 50 years. I do prefer the hard copy. AARP also comes to the house.

We do not have any magazine subscriptions. It has been sooooo long since I have even looked at one. I remember back in like the 90's having a McCall's subscription because I got it for like $4 a year :rotfl2:

We don't subscribe to any magazines. The only magazine we get in the mail is the monthly publication from our electric cooperative.

I don't subscribe to any anymore. Used to.

I do get AARP, a newsletter monthly from Medicare office where our advisor is, cruise info,
and.....I got a small Montgomery Wards flyer a few days ago, didn't even know they were around anymore.

Couple of bills come, lots of charities and then ads

None here.

I can see the appeal of very specialized magazines, for hobbies. :thumbsup2

The more general ones don't represent value to me, though. Their covers have always promised so much more than I ever found their articles delivered. And you can't believe anything you read in the gossip ones, can you?!

The exception was music and teen magazines - back in the day - for me.

Does the AARP magazine count? I didn't subscribe to AARP for it, but I do read it when it comes.

My Dad subscribed to Time magazine for $20 and got 2 free subscriptions so he used one for my DH and one for my BIL.

My mom subscribe to Taste of Home and she was able to add a friend for $1 so I get it. I enjoy looking at the recipes and do make some things from the magazine

I also subscribe to Yankee magazine. I read every issue and gives me lots of great ideas for day or weekend trips.

Last edited:
PM me any of you who would enjoy a friendly postcard or card :)

Dad subscribes to several magazines including classical music and Time. I get Guideposts.

No subscriptions; my last one expired probably 20 years ago. I rarely even buy a magazine anymore due to price - about $7 CAD for an issue of Good Housekeeping.

I get the AARP magazine and a quarterly magazine that comes with our membership to the zoo. We also get three local magazines which contain mostly real estate and restaurant ads with a few stories. But I don't pay for any magazines right now.

Last edited:
No subscriptions; my last one expired probably 20 years ago. I rarely even buy a magazine anymore due to price - about $7 CAD for an issue of Good Housekeeping.
It's crazy, isn't it?! It's even more expensive here, I think. Conversions show £5.99 to be more like $10 CAD!! 😲 (I guess that's why it's all about the subscriptions, but I wouldn't want the same one every week/month.)

Boring mail here as well. I get a few catalogs in the fall, targeting the holiday shopping season, but other than that, it’s bills, tax stuff, and junk. With paying bills online, it’s mostly junk mail these days. It’s like that free faux newspaper they toss on my driveway each week (which I have tried to stop many times) - straight into the trash it goes.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter