slo’s FRIDAY 11/10 poll - K-Cups ☕️

K-Cups….Do you brew them at home & what type do you enjoy? (m.c.)

• I brew K-Cups at home often

Votes: 41 30.4%
  • I brew K-Cups at home sometimes

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I brew K-Cups at home rarely

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I do not brew K-Cups at home

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • I brew regular coffee

Votes: 63 46.7%
  • I brew decaf coffee

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • I make hot tea

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • I make another type of hot drink (example: hot apple cider) - please post what

Votes: 18 13.3%
  • I don’t drink any type of hot beverage

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Neither of us drink coffee. The last couple of years, before she died, my Mom liked using K -cups. A cousin had given her a single serve one. I used to check for sales of her favorite brands when grocery shopping.
I found it easier making her a cup then trying to figure out how much instant coffee to use.

I am not a coffee drinker, and really rarely have any hot beverages. So no hot beverage machines or paraphernalia for me.

We also have a pot that you can brew a pot or use a K-cup. Hubby sets the pot up at night so the first one to get up turns it on. If I want a cup later in the day and he doesn't, I'll use a K-cup. I only use them for coffee, not tea or hot choc. or cider. I do use the K-cup side for the hot water to make a cup of tea or hot choc. or instant oat meal. Sometimes I use tea bags, most of the time I use a tea ball with leaves. I know the pot doesn't heat the water to the proper temp. for tea but I'm not that picky, even though I do prefer leaves over bags. We have a local coffee company that makes K-cups with their roast so that is what I use (I also bring them to Disney with me).

I use them on a daily basis. I brew both regular and decaf. I usually start with one regular (usually some kind of flavored coffee), then have a decaf (or two). Since getting the "iced" keurig maker, I will make 2 cups of iced coffee and put them in a travel mug to take with me to work.

We use K-Cups the most though you can’t beat a nicely brewed coffee.

C7AD6FAE-5F9F-4D65-9165-CD7C4E442130.jpeg

Today’s selection 🤣
The lavender is Disney 100th blend from our hotel room but DH didn’t like it and went out and bought McD’s.

I'm the only one in the house who drinks coffee, so it doesn't make sense to brew a whole pot everyday. On work days, I brew a K-cup with breakfast. We also have several Keurigs at work so everyone can brew their own coffee whenever they want it. I usually brew a cup at my break, especially now that it's getting colder. I work at a school and my morning break is right after recess duty. It's nice to be able to get a quick cup of coffee to warm up and decompress after all the running around and screaming (the kids, not me!) :rotfl:

I bought a cheap Walmart brand dual coffeemaker for $20, a year ago. It has a small footprint and has the ability for both K-cups and a little filter basket for ground coffee. Problem is, even though there are different buttons for the K-cups or ground coffee, it uses the same hose and motor to shoot out the water for making either coffee. Instead of slowly dribbling out water for ground coffee, it shoots out the water with so much force that the coffee grounds end up pushed against the top rim of the filter basket and stays up there during brewing. So there aren't enough grounds at the bottom of the filter basket to brew a decently strong cup of coffee.

I end up pulling the filter basket out after brewing, pushing the grounds down and pouring the coffee over it again, "pour over" style. I end up with a nice, really strong cup of coffee that I want. So, I know understand why people stand there and do pour overs. But, I don't want to keep doing it that way. :badpc:

I thought I'd use K-cups more for flavored coffees. But, I really don't drink them enough to make it worthwhile to then do pour-overs of regular coffee every morning. Or, I'd have to use 2 K-cups every morning to fill up my travel mug every morning. That's expensive AND I'd have to babysit the coffeemaker to put in the second K-cup - which is why I do the pour-overs instead. I have to stand there monitoring making the coffee anyway. :headache:

DH and I have personal Black and Decker coffee units.

I loved my Black & Decker "Brew 'N Go" single (big travel) cup maker too. I was on my second one when it died last year. Each lasted me well over a decade. They don't make a single serve size coffeemaker that does ground and K-cups too. Probably because they also haven't figured out yet a way to get both style motors/pumps into a small coffeemaker.

I've seen one $80 dual coffeemaker that supposedly has stronger ground brewing capabilities. But some of the reviews say it's still not strong enough coffee. So, I'm not wasting my money on that.

We had keurigs for years (I think 2). When the last one died we went with a Ninja thing that does pods, pots, lattes and hot water. I like it. I usually have 1-2 cups at home in the morning and 1-2 at work (still have a keurig there). Occasionally I have a cup in the late afternoon or evening—often that would be a latte. I also use the water thing for hot tea with a tea bag.

I do K-cups at work when I drink coffee which is only about 1-2 x a week. I haven't used my Keurig at home in ages.

Usually at home I do Tea (bags) or Hot chocolate and heat the water/milk in the microwave for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter