slo’s FRIDAY 1/19 poll - Bowling 🎳

Bowling - Do you bowl? In a league? Were you on a team? Just for fun? (m.c.)

• Yes - I currently bowl

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • No - I currently do not bowl

Votes: 57 65.5%
  • I bowl in a league

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I have family member(s) that bowl in a league

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I bowl/bowled on a competitive team - please post where

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I have/had family member(s) that bowl on a competitive team

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • I bowl just for fun with family or friends

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I bowl/bowled professionally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never bowled

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
Back in the early 80s, when I was in elementary school, I bowled on a Saturday morning youth league with my cousin. I was never very good but I was willing to try just about anything.

My aunt bowled in a league for many years and was pretty good. One time she was even on a TV show called “Bowling for Dollars.”

I don’t bowl regularly now but we have gone every few years, just for fun. The last time I bowled was at my company Christmas party in 2022.

We bowl for fun every now and then, maybe once a year in the winter.

I bowled twice in leagues, but mostly casual stuff. Once as a teen, I was on a team with a friend, his dad and uncle. Then once we moved into our current neighborhood, we had a couples bowling league that some neighbors formed. Just one Saturday night a month, but it was a good chance to meet some neighbors.

My family all bowled in different leagues growing up...now I just go occasionally with my husband and son

Used to bowl in a league at work many years ago. The main issue was smoking was allowed back then and combined with the low ceilings bowling alleys seem to have, you would come with clothes that smelled by smoke. Enjoyed the bowling with co-workers, but the smoke smell was the main reason I gave it up.

In my teens, I was part of a league. It was fun, competitive and where I scored my first trophies. I don't know why I gave it up.

As a kid I bowled, a lot.

As an adult I don't bowl very often at all but still enjoy it when I do go.

When my kids were small I would take them most Sunday mornings during the $1 per game special time.

Last time I went the bowling alleys by me had all transitioned to an hourly price with small discounts for multiple hours. $44 (weekday) to $49 (weekend) per hour. The per hour price includes up to 6 people and 6 shoe rentals.

I've only bowled for fun with friends or family, usually for birthday parties. A new teacher at school is helping coach our school's bowling team (she bowled herself in high school and college). I have recently discovered that competition bowling is a whole new world that I knew/know nothing about. :)

I don't currently bowl. I used to bowl just for the beer, and then stepped back when I got sober. That said, bowling is central to our family. My husband is a highschool and youth league coach and my son is away at college on a bowling scholarship. My other son is also a varsity bowler and will be pursing collegiate bowling.

My dad was a big bowler, my husband's family all bowls. It is a great lifesport that I hope to get back into this next season.

I haven’t been in years. I’m not good at it but it was fun.
Back in the 80’s when I went to high school, we had a couple weeks one year in PE that we went to local bowling alley and we could order food while we there that was a big deal .

Both sons were on competitive teams when they were in middle school and high school. DH was in bowling leagues in his teens. I used to bowl just for fun.

I have not bowled in years.
It's fun.
I was in a leagues when I was about 10. For several years.
My kids were in leagues for a couple of years.
My father was in multiple leagues for many years and the family traveled to go to many tournaments

My husband and I bowl in a league. We have been bowling for over 40 years. Until a few years ago we bowled with family but now we bowl with 2 friends. It is a fun night out and it is competitive.

Reactions: slo
I used to be in a couples league with my husband. We stopped when our first DD was born in 2000. I have probably only bowled a handful of times since then.

I'm on a bowling league with some friends of mine. Our team name is Mom Van Strikes Back and I made patches that look like the Star Wars logo.

I haven't bowled in years, since before Covid. My sister and I used to go once in a while. When I was a kid I was in a CYO league that bowled at Oregon Lanes in South Philly. But that was decades ago.

It has been a long time. And it was mostly a once in a while, often a once in a great, great while, activity. A few times I bowled a little more frequently. When I was a child, a summer rec program in town included bowling once a week. I did the bowling one year, maybe two. And many decades ago I was in a work league. But I only worked there for a year, and only did one session of it before I left.

I have only bowled a handful of times and not for many years. It was always just a fun day out with friends or family.

I bowl just for fun with family/friends. It's fun but I am in no way any good at it, LOL

My dad currently bowls in a league, has done it for quite a few years. He's 82 now and still does pretty well. I have not inherited any of his ability, LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter