Sleigh ride at VWL/WL

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
Have any DVCers done this at VWL/WL? Can someone tell me about this sleigh ride? How long is it? Where does it go?

Thanks.

Sure can...just answered this on another board not too long ago, but I'll just type it again.

Sleigh rides pick up in front of the main entrance at WL, heads out toward the main gate, across the road and into the pine trees. The trail is a service road or something like that...it's pretty dark with pines trees surrounding the trail! You can see the distant lights from the streets/highways nearby and some stars. (We went at 8pm.) The ride lasts for 30 minutes, so you go down the service road and halfway you make a turnaround and head back to the WL. The cost was $35...you can seat up to 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 children. Basically, the sleigh is one of the carriages, with some added decorations to look like a sleigh.

We, DH, DS(13) and I went on it right after our huge meal at Artist Point, so it was a nice way to let our food settle before we headed to any parks. There were a couple blankets if you wanted to use them, but we didn't have any music and I think it would have been very nice to have some Christmas carols. I've read that others have taken their own small players and had music, while some said their sleigh ride did have music. DH and DS sang for me part of the time...I didn't sing cause I didn't want to scare the horse. If we did it again, I think I would choose a time early enough that there was some light so we could see, but then again, IF the trail is just surrounded by pine trees and there's nothing to see anyway...what's the difference?

It was a very nice time, relaxing and cozy. It was cool enough for a hot beverage...hot chocolate or something more for the big kids, but we were so stuffed from our meal we didn't grab anything to take with us...it is allowed. I think we would do this again...maybe not DS since he's in high school now...ya know how those surly teens can get.

And here's a few photos for ya...

Us before we left on the sleigh ride
P1010298_298.jpg

Our driver and horse
P1010299_299.jpg

Hope this helps!

I was looking for Sleigh Ride info for our upcoming December 2007 trip and found some info on this thread. I have a few unanswered questions…..
How far in advance you can make the reservation?
Will they allow 4 adults and 2 kids (with the kids on the adults laps) or can you take to sleighs together?

It is supposed to be bookable at the 90 day point...this year, they were slightly behind. I will tell you that this is very popular...and you need to call as close to the 90 day mark as possible.

I believe it is a 5 person max...up to 2 adults, 3 kids. No laps...and there are 2 sleighs going out.

sleigh.jpg

Latest posts

facebook twitter