Skyauctions $199 sale (plus $20 admin fees) is back!

The proper site for availabilty is rciredemption.com While getawayweeks is showing more inventory, when you call, it is not there. That is what I have been saying all along.

If you do not have to travel at peak season, these are great deals, but if you like me, have to use some of your travel dates during peak season, I am really wondering how great my deal is. I have said before, this is the first summer I have ever had a problem. I am wondering if many people now use SkyAuction were as before they did not :confused3 All I know is July 26/27 is coming up fast & I have no where to stay :headache:

My advice to anyone is, if you can go at anytime, buy the certificates, they are a great deal. If you must travel during peak season.. double think your purchase (yes, a few weeks ago I was not saying that). I really thought that by now, July 10th, there would have been some inventory for a July 26/27 or even 28th check in :scared: .

Here is my latest (just now) search done on rciredemption.com for a July 26th check in:
Searching Orlando Area from 7/1/2008 to 7/31/2008.
Sorry, no results were returned for your search.

The proper site for availabilty is rciredemption.com While getawayweeks is showing more inventory, when you call, it is not there.
Thankyou for your response. But "who" do you call?:confused3 It doesnt let you put your sky auction numbers on getaway weeks. Do you call the resort itself? Ok thanks again.

The proper site for availabilty is rciredemption.com While getawayweeks is showing more inventory, when you call, it is not there. That is what I have been saying all along.

If you do not have to travel at peak season, these are great deals, but if you like me, have to use some of your travel dates during peak season, I am really wondering how great my deal is. I have said before, this is the first summer I have ever had a problem. I am wondering if many people now use SkyAuction were as before they did not :confused3 All I know is July 26/27 is coming up fast & I have no where to stay :headache:

My advice to anyone is, if you can go at anytime, buy the certificates, they are a great deal. If you must travel during peak season.. double think your purchase (yes, a few weeks ago I was not saying that). I really thought that by now, July 10th, there would have been some inventory for a July 26/27 or even 28th check in :scared: .

Here is my latest (just now) search done on rciredemption.com for a July 26th check in:
Searching Orlando Area from 7/1/2008 to 7/31/2008.
Sorry, no results were returned for your search.

how frustrating!

I must have misunderstood upthread about getaway weeks - I thought it was the site to check availability.

I'm checking for the first week of October. AFVC (which is run by RCI) is showing much better availability than getaway weeks, which has more than rciredemption. Interesting.

how frustrating!

I must have misunderstood upthread about getaway weeks - I thought it was the site to check availability.

I'm checking for the first week of October. AFVC (which is run by RCI) is showing much better availability than getaway weeks, which has more than rciredemption. Interesting.

Getawayweeks.com use to be the site on which you were to check. SkyAuction is now telling its winners to use rciredemptions.com to check for the inventory. I know when I called on a unit that was on getawayweeks and not on rciredemption, they didn't have it. They said that for some reason the getawayweeks was not up to date on inventory and they do not suggest using it anymore. They go by what the rci one has. I want to say a few others on this board were told it too. When I purchased my certificates, it was Getawayweeks they were using. I know I cannot use the site where I have to log on with a code because my certificate did not come with a code. I only have a certificate number, no code... mine were purchased back in December.

The proper site for availabilty is rciredemption.com While getawayweeks is showing more inventory, when you call, it is not there.
Thankyou for your response. But "who" do you call?:confused3 It doesnt let you put your sky auction numbers on getaway weeks. Do you call the resort itself? Ok thanks again.

If you already have won a certificate, you should have been given the phone number from SkyAuction. It is.. 800-618-4968. Now I don't know if it is a differnt number for different parts of the United States or not, but I live in SW Fl and that is the number SkyAuction gave me to call to book my trip.
The reps at this number are the ones that said not to use getawayweeks but to use the rci site for the inventory that is available. SkyAuction had nothing to do with that. Unless those that answer this number work for both SkyAuction and RCI.. I was always under the impression they were RCI employees. Paperwork that I have gotten from them always had RCI on it.

Has anyone noticed the new fees on getawayweeks certificates ?? . I have old certificates ( the ones with no access codes , bought thru skyauction ) that expire on April 30 2009 . They have changed the getawayweeks.com page and they have added extra fees . I have never paid such fees in the past ....
I hope they only them to new certificates .

Has anyone noticed the new fees on getawayweeks certificates ?? . I have old certificates ( the ones with no access codes , bought thru skyauction ) that expire on April 30 2009 . They have changed the getawayweeks.com page and they have added extra fees . I have never paid such fees in the past ....
I hope they only them to new certificates .

methinks, if you are wanting of the "better" resorts offered by getawayweeks, you will probably have to pay the surcharge since this seems to be their new operating models with respect to "certificates"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter