Skipper Canteen vs. Liberty Tree Tavern

We prefer LTT for lunch because you can chose an entree or the family style dinner. We liked Skipper's too! I've had the pork and chicken and both were very yummy! We have been here for several appetizers as a light lunch and loved the dumplings and the corn pancakes with pork. I think my husband had the lamb and the noodle bowl.

Just curious, what did you order? I have eaten there twice and enjoyed it thoroughly both times

I ordered there pasta dish with short rib which was a terrible mistake. I also tried my sisters steak which was over cooked when my sister wanted it to be medium. I know many had good experiences and I might've just had a bad experince. Maybe I will give it another shot.

We ate at Skipper's Canteen last trip, and the food was so disgusting (very salty and clearly cheap ingredients) that we barely touched the food.

Every place has good and bad days, but the service was extremely slow and other guests did not seem pleased.

I would rather eat out of Ohana's dumpster than eat here again.

How was the chicken? Their menu looks good to me. I mean, I don't do food with heads either, but plenty of other things on there LOL.
the chicken "tastes like chicken." LOL. It has a breading on it and fried (I think? it is not heavy or greasy, it might even be baked but it was crunchy). It has a spicy asian sauce on it, but it was a nice change from all the "theme park food."

Skipper Canteen is a lot more interesting of a place to go, IMHO. We've eaten there a couple of times now and it was always good.

LTT is decent but not very exciting - we'll only go there for lunch (not dinner - too much food and not the kind we prefer to eat on vacation). Typically we'll split an entree there (the salad is decent but I wish they'd use better lettuces - even just romaine would be better) and then get desserts.

I appreciate everyone's responses! I decided on Skipper Canteen as I'm looking more for things we haven't tried and things that have a more "experience" feel to them. This may also be the meal we pay OOP for and it's not terribly expensive. Looking forward to trying it!

I appreciate everyone's responses! I decided on Skipper Canteen as I'm looking more for things we haven't tried and things that have a more "experience" feel to them. This may also be the meal we pay OOP for and it's not terribly expensive. Looking forward to trying it!
we couldn't believe how inexpensive it was compared to others. My aunt is an AP so we got 20% off the bill... for two adult entrees (we both had the chicken) and a child's meal, it ended up being around $65 with tip (maybe a few dollars less than that).

I've seen a couple of people mention the service being slow at Skipper Canteen's. I'm planning on going at 3:30 on 12/1 before the Christmas party. And then hurry to get in line for Jack after I'm done. Has anyone else had particularly slow service there? I'd like to be in line by 5:30 or so at the latest.

I've seen a couple of people mention the service being slow at Skipper Canteen's. I'm planning on going at 3:30 on 12/1 before the Christmas party. And then hurry to get in line for Jack after I'm done. Has anyone else had particularly slow service there? I'd like to be in line by 5:30 or so at the latest.

Its extremely slow; my family and I are pretty quick to order and eat and were there for two and a half hours. I would recommend Ohana's dumpster over Skippers Canteen for both food and service.

Its extremely slow; my family and I are pretty quick to order and eat and were there for two and a half hours. I would recommend Ohana's dumpster over Skippers Canteen for both food and service.
Do you need an ADR for the 'Ohana dumpster you are recommending, or can you just walk up?

were eating at both for our upcoming trip in December....always eat at Liberty Tree first time at Skippers Canteen

We didn't have an issue with dinner taking too long... it seemed like an average wait time for food, I believe the kids came out first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter