Site Requests

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
What's the best way to make a site request? I've read about faxing ~5 days in advance, but not sure if that's current.

Thanks!

For the last several years, iheartglaciers, I've been adding it as a note on my reservation (I make a loop request).

I call the reservation line and when I make a reservation ask them to add the request or if made online I call sometime in advance of arrival and ask them to add it.

Five days is the cutoff for room only cancellations whose deposits are refundable so that's when the Fort knows who is coming and for how long with some degree of certainty. The computer system pre-assigns a site number to your reservation based on what should be vacant on your arrival day and then the list gets tweaked with overnight changes and manual intervention (the system can't see your site request per se but the info gets passed to the Fort where a CM sees it and attempts to fulfill it).

Sometimes, though, it doesn't work out. For example if a prior guest checks in for a week on the site you want and the next day is your T minus 5 day arrival, the prior guest will still be on the site and you will get a different one. I've also personally encountered a guest who was supposed to leave and vacate the site that I wanted and that guest decided to extend their stay - since there was vacant capacity available, they didn't have to move. So of course it's just a request.

I can say, however, that when I've checked in (I like to do it in person), the CM has ALWAYS seen my request so the phone/reservation method does what it's supposed to do.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Thanks Bama Ed! That’s super helpful. This will be my first stay at the Fort 😁. I rented a bike at Wilderness Lodge and rode over to visit a few years ago (before the connecting path was closed 😞), but never stayed there. I’m very excited!

We always call ahead of time, make sure they add a loop request to our notes, and also add our trailer length. Out of 3 trips we got our loop request once. Some people have had better results.

I had them annotate to our reservation loop preferences (100, 200, 300 in that order) and so far so good for previous visits.

This time I requested a specific site as well as the loop preferences. We'll see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter