site help please

kmurawski

Mouseketeer
I know this question has been asked a thousand times so here is 1001. Here it is, less than 2 weeks until our trip and we know nothing about locations at the Fort. We have a premium site (not by choice...that's all they had). Our pop up will look like a baby in there....anyhow, with all of the construction going on i'm not really sure what's finished and what's not...sounds like they are little behind schedule. So what suggestions do ya'll have for us to request a site. I requests are not guarantees but if given a choice what would the best be. Pets are staying home, it's DH, DS(13) and me in our PU, renting a golf cart. Potty is in camper but DH & DS will use comfort station for showers while i take mine in the camper.

What else do you need to know to help me out?

Hello fellow popup owner. Maybe they will put you guys right between to 40 footers. :rotfl2: I cruised every loop in October to see if there was something better than the 2000 loop, but I like the size of those sites.
A few questions, do you want to be closer to the marina, Trail's End, Settlement Trading Post OR the pool, Meadow Trading Post and movies?
The 400, 500 and 700 loops are close to the marina area.
The 800, a real Fort Favorite, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300 and 1400 loops are closest to the pool and Meadows area. The other loops are Preferred or tent/popup (1500 and 2000).
I have the feeling the site you get will be perfect. Good luck and hope this helps. :cool1:

When we were there T'giving week, only 3 of the premium loops were completed - 400, 500 and 800. I suspect there will be more finished by the time you arrive. We were in 400, and it was a fine loop. It's right near the settlement. 500 is a bit further away, but still walking distance. 800 is further from the settlement but closer to the pool, and still walking distance (at least for me) to both, so maybe the best of both worlds. There was a popup a couple sites away from us and it did look small on the big site. They had a lot of room to spread out. I really like the new picnic tables in the premium loops (they're square and made from what appeared to be a plastic composite rather than wood - no splinters!). The grills are also new, and nice. Ours hadn't even been used before we arrived (and it still hadn't been used when we left). Enjoy your stay!!

As of right now, the only completed premium loops are 400, 500 and 800.

For your specific situation, I would request the 800 loop.

Ask for a site on the outside of the loop, but not backing up to the road.

That would give the site assigner a large number of potential sites to assign to you, and will pretty much assure you that you will have a nice site for your camper.

And, if you don't get the 800 loop, there is certainly nothing wrong with the 400 or 500 loop.

Enjoy.

TCD

Hello fellow popup owner. Maybe they will put you guys right between to 40 footers. :rotfl2: I cruised every loop in October to see if there was something better than the 2000 loop, but I like the size of those sites.
A few questions, do you want to be closer to the marina, Trail's End, Settlement Trading Post OR the pool, Meadow Trading Post and movies?
The 400, 500 and 700 loops are close to the marina area.
The 800, a real Fort Favorite, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300 and 1400 loops are closest to the pool and Meadows area. The other loops are Preferred or tent/popup (1500 and 2000).
I have the feeling the site you get will be perfect. Good luck and hope this helps. :cool1:

Kim, FlaFortCampster and I think alike. We like to be near the Meadow Trading Post area for proximity to the TP, Pool, campfire areas. I like getting up in the morning and going over to the TP, buy a USA Today, and sit on the TP porch in the rocking chair sipping a Diet Coke and finding out what happened in the 'real' world yesterday. So we request 900 (gotten it twice and they put us nearby in 1000 once which was fine).

One piece of advice for you as a fellow pop-up owner. You might also want to request (when you make it, that is) a site away from the main road. First time in 900 I had a site 3 spots away from the comfort station (which was great) but we could hear the busses going up and down the main road as we tried to go to sleep (eventually exhaustion took over anyway). I was awakened each morning at 5 a.m. by the dumpsters at the Meadow TP being emptied and dropped back on the ground (sounded like from a height of about 5 feet). The second time in 900 we were put in the back which eliminated both the bus and dumpster problems.

Enjoy your trip!

Bama ED

We just spent 7 nights in the 500 loop and there were campers of every stripe in there: Prevosts to As to Cs to Truck Campers to Pop-ups and even some tenters! I love 500. You are an easy walk to the marina and Meadows, close enough to hear the boat horns, surrounded by highly decorated loops (particularly 700 and 100 loops). If you are going soon, be sure to check out site 550 (?)... this guy has an incredible animated light show based on Wishes with a 5' Cindy Castle. You can't miss it! Tell Dave Santa sent you!

Thank you for all of the replies. Sounds like 500 or 800 would be good. Since we are arriving on Christmas Eve I hope it's not too late to decorate our site. We have some blow up stuff and lights. Wouldn't be Christmas w/o the decorations. Our 13 year old still expects Santa to drop by with his gifts....glad Santa doesn't have to transport them on a plane in checked baggage.

One week from today we begin the journey, unless bad weather is predicted in which case we set out Sunday. We are doing the happy dance!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter